Pre/In/Post: Columbus @ Revs, 6/16

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsLiverpool, Jun 9, 2012.

1. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The combination of Euros and the glut of USMNT games has definitely put the Revs more on the back-burner of my soccer mind. I'm sure that'll change now that USMNT camp is over and Revs are finally playing again.

2. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've been so focused on Euro2012 that I almost forgot about the Revs. (It's not like I've received constant reminders from the media that the Revs still exist.) But it'll be good to see the local boys in action again.

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    [sings]"We all hate the yellow football team."[/sings]

4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Euros are on - priorities! Will pick up with seeing Revs live again sometime in July if I continue my streak of getting free tickets. Not paying Krafty another dime.

5. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interestingly enough, the City Islanders played the Zolos in a friendly prior to their USOC matchup, and won that, too.

Recap: Islanders edge Union 3-2 in annual friendly
    Perlaza, Herdling score in losing effort vs. club affiliate
    June 12, 2012
    By Michael Feblowitz
    philadelphiaunion.com

6. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will someone please destroy that team? Can we please put that team in their place? Wheres the Seattle Sounders when you really need them?

7. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other side of the bracket, unfortunately

8. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eurosnob! :D

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  9. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - I don't shy away from it. Another name would be:

HighQualityProfessionalSoccerSnob. ;)

10. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think global, support local! Snob is snob

11. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Bye week , USMNT and just came down from the STANLEY CUP CHAMPION LA KINGS! Also, Dodger game freeway series, Chivas getting lucky against the Ventura Fusion and the run by Cal FC. Been busy, sporting wise. Like Nixon, I am tanned and ready now for the Revs.
    Cowbus defense is being lifted by their keeper and we are going to need some excellent opportunities to get goals. We definitely need to throw bodies into the box on crosses and see some slashing runs with connecting passes to get those chances. Cbus has shown that they can be confused by mixing up the attack so we need both flanks and the center to produce different looks. McCarthy is going to be the weak spot they focus on to AJ is going to have to cover him. Hopefully the wings will drop back to help. Looking forward to seeing some creative attacks and passing out of the back. Let's go boys, bring the shots.

12. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every non-US based NBA fan with a domestic league is a basketball snob.
    Every non-Russia or North American NHL fan " " is a hockey snob.
    Every non-North American based MLB fan " " is a baseball snob.
    You catch my drift?
    Some people just like to see the top tier of their game. I've supported the Revs the past 17 years and definitely agree MLS is getting there. If I didn't "think global, support locally" why would I have over 5k posts primarily on the revs' big soccer board? It's not black or white. You can still "prefer global, support locally" without being tarred and feathered. The reality is MLS needs as many local fans as possible so ostracizing the few it has does the league no good.

I just prefer to watch elite int'l games and/or other leagues where possible. Call it a snob, doesn't matter, it is what it is.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  13. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's a shitty attitude. The Revs shouldn't make it so easy for you to dismiss them as non-elite. I blame the Krafts that you can justify and feel justified with thinking some soccer team from somewhere else deserves your attention more (</me looks at himself as well>).

14. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The why are you a Liverpool fan?

:cool:

15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're supporting Montreal due to (I assume) your personal protest against the Krafts' stewardship of the revs. I'm still supporting the local guys. Each to his own I guess.

Good one! 6 Liverpool players making the England Euro roster is probably a good indicator (or at least it indicates Uncle Woy's opinion of the club's talent level). I probably could have supported obscure clubs like Schalke or Everton. I've supported Liverpool a long time and love trophies and the banter that comes with being a Liverpool supporter. ;)

Sooo back to C-bus vs the Revs tonight.

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes please.

Wow, this is the weakest pre-game thread I've seen in a long time. Posts joking about CBus, and now this stuff.

Back to the game topic everyone ... at least everyone that is still coming to these boards.

17. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take our 2011 DFB Cup over your 2012 league cup. Enjoy that banter while I watch my team in the Champions League :p

What's there to talk about? We'll probably see the same starting 11 as our last game. And the EUROs are on! :rolleyes:

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    INJURY REPORT:
    • NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION – OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); MF Ryan Guy (R calf tightness); GK Tim Murray (L knee arthroscopy); MF Clyde Simms (L ankle tendonitis); QUESTIONABLE: MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); FW Alec Purdie (L adductor strain)
    • COLUMBUS CREW -- OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Shaun Francis (R ankle sprain); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fascia rupture); DF Julius James (lower back strain); DF Carlos Mendes (R foot contusion)

19. KapeGuy

KapeGuy Member+

Mar 21, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the injury report on the Revs site Friday:

QUESTIONABLE: Sainey Nyassi (DL - R hamstring strain), Michael Roach (L adductor tightness), Clyde Simms (L ankle tendonitis)
    OUT: Zak Boggs (DL - R ankle sprain), Ryan Guy (R calf tightness), Tim Murray (L knee arthroscopy)

20. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Didn't realize Columbus is still missing so many players due to injury. Marshall, Urso, Duka, O'Rourke are all starters. From the looks of it, they'll have to start injured defenders or give season debuts to a couple guys.

21. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is really a must win for us, not for results/points, but for confidence. If we can't beat a beat a mediocre Crew then we probably aren't making it far in the playoffs, even if we qualify.

You need to win the games you should win.

22. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lineup:

Reis
    Tierney, Soares, McCarthy, Alston
    Nguyen, Feilhaber, Joseph, Cardenas
    Moreno, Sene

23. Joeyfitzclick

Joeyfitzclick Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Newport RI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    is there a link to this game live ?

TIA

24. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching the Comcast broadcast, as shown on MLS Live. Boy, is the camerawork merdique, as they say in French. Half the time they're not even showing the ball. What, they're letting the interns film this one?

25. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shalrie needs to come out and here's why:

cREW.jpg

cml1394 and Jon Martin repped this.