Pre/In/Post: Chicago Fire @ Houston Dynamo 7:30 PM CST July 3, 2012

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ponte_la_naranja, Jul 1, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2012.
  1. Houston Dynamo win by two or more goals.

13.6%
  2. Houston Dynamo win by a goal.

36.4%
  3. Tie.

13.6%
  4. Chicago Fire win by a goal.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chicago Fire win by two or more goals.

4.5%
  6. I miss Dominic Oduro and his lack of goal finishing skills.

31.8%
  1. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

and playing during the moment of silence. and playing during the anthem. again.

their narcism is becoming epic

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. We shall see. I've been wrong before ....... once. :D

3. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used my north end-line lower bowl tickets last night during the second half. (Got to see Senor-Cool in action.) There was air movement there but not a lot. An occasional zephyr. In the first half my West sideline (Pres-Club) seats were getting a light wind consistently. It was very comfortable.

Here is my JuegoTheory:

It was the prevailing Southernly wind last night. Since the stadium is not aligned with the wind it actually quarters out of the SouthEast. This means you folks on the East side are behind the roof. We have the same thing on the West side when the Northernly wind quarters in over the NorthWest corner.

If I remember correctly both Brahma and WSC are on the Eastside. Am I right?

4. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit...we lost cause of Ashe...

...oh, wait.

And if I'm going to be blunt about it, there really wasn't any debate about Ashe until you showed back up. You can try and put it on me all you want but I promise you, it'll pretty much all go away again when you crawl back under your rock.

Understood?

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, I am on the lower east side. And if you went outside the stadium on that side of the stadium there was a pretty good breeze pregame and some during the game. It was not a very windy night overall.

6. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the match, I'm going to give some credit to Frank Klopas.

The Fire kept their defensive shape very very well and made it virtually impossible for us to break through. Yet they were still able to attack without leaving themselves exposed in the back. Well done to them. I don't recall a time in the first half at least where we had a real chance.

I agree with Westside's assessment about long shots. I don't recall a long shot until the 84th minute and forgot who took it (Davis?) but it's hard to open up a defense like that unless you can start taking some longer shots and draw them out. But again, the Fire defenders were well placed to block shots and closed us down pretty quick when about 30 yards out.

Width was hard to come by but when we did get the ball to our wing backs, the service was downright horrid into the box. Ashe had just one good ball into to the box in the first half and I don't recall any by Hainault. That has to be better from both of them and Ashe needs to learn a bit more about either crossing first time, or being able to create a bit of space so that he can get a dangerous cross off. (ALERT: TX Bill just had an uncomplimentary thing to say about Ashe's play....put it on the record.)

Laughing at the end of the game when we were trying to attack and Clark had the ball on our left about 20 yards past the halfway mark. He holds it up and passes back which prompts some guy in our stands to yell "GO FORWARD...WHAT ARE YOU DOING ???!!" I laughed and laughed because Clark had a bank of five Fire players across the 18 with Pardo in front of him and another Fire midfielder even with him, oh, and not one Dynamo player anywhere near their box. Basically he had NOWHERE to go and no immediate support yet this guy is yelling "GO FORWARD !!!"

C'mon man.

Overall, I told my son I expected a draw from this match but thought it would be 1-1. Got that one wrong too.

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The official Dynamo twitter feed tweeted a pic of Cameron doing some jogging on his own inside the stadium before the game, I think at about 6:00 or so. Make of that what you will, if anything.

I agree that last night seemed unusually hot without much of a breeze. Even up in my area, which I picked largely for the breeze, there was hardly anything. It just added to the stagnant, blah feeling of the game.

Some good analysis in this thread. As food for thought for some of us, here's the Opta goodness about the crossing last night. We had 6 successful crosses and 31 unsuccessful crosses. In contrast, Chicago had a total of 13 crosses attempted, with only one successful cross. Of course, most of us understand that the quality of the finishing from the target of the cross is just as important as the quality of the cross itself.

Here's the breakdown for some of the usual suspects:

Successful crosses:​

Davis 2​
    Ashe 2​
    Hainault 2​

Unsuccessful crosses:​

Davis 8​
    Ashe 6​
    Hainault 4​

8. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke to Cameron last night just before the game. He was walking around the stadium with Carr, both wearing suits. He said that he had a sore something (hamstring?). People starting asking for pictures with them, so I couldn't ask him about Europe.

9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody after the game showed me a picture, I think it was on twitter but I don't have it on mine, of Cameron and Carr all dressed up, in suits, I think in the dressing room. Somebody said they thought it was a going away party. But I'm not sure.

Reading the Chicago boards, they were all complaining about the ref calling everything for us. Where we sat we saw just the opposite.

And, yea, I'm on the east side too. It's weird, sometimes if I stick my hand out over the rail I can feel a breeze, but it doesn't reach my seat. It's almost like there's a wall in front of me.

It just occurred to me, this is what we need!! http://www.bigassfans.com/ That would be amazing!

10. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was no playing during the national anthem. I know this because I was singing so loud some people in the stands after the anthem called me Pavarotti. During the fireworks there was playing, but this has actually happened every single time there are fireworks. This used to happen at Robertson, I guess people just never decided to stay for the show afterwards. Now that we're in a new stadium all these little quirks seem to be annoying y'all. I can tell you one thing. There is no sort of narcissism going on. Our members have traveled to faraway places without the SG. We're loyal to the team. I can tell you one thing I haven't seen an EB tattoo on a member, but I've seen tons of people with Houston Dynamo tattoos.

11. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

I think the old baseball stadium at LSU had big overhead fans in the covered seating area. I don't recall if the new one has them.

12. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm so confused?!? Shouldn't you be Eastside Cosmo then??

anderson, brahmafutbol and Heft repped this.
  13. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was playing during the moment of silence and at other games during the National Anthem. Those all happen while they are marching to their seats, though, and probably aren't aware of it, and eventually it's like somebody tells them what's going on and they stop.

The playing during the fireworks I know happened at Robertson too, that doesn't mean it's cool. That I just don't get. I appreciate their work most of the time, and I do know it's work. I would rather hear them than the canned music before kickoffs. But to play during a synchronized presentation like the fireworks show is wrong. Honestly, they didnt bother me that much because I wasn't that close to them, but another section or 2 over I would have been pissed.

7seven7 and Heft repped this.
  14. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sit super close and I could hear them
    Playing but I knew they were in the concourse. Didn't bother me.

I recorded the fireworks show. Maybe I'll upload it, haven't reviewed the videos yet

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about changing my name, but then how would Eric Wynalda be able build his file on me?

16. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When are you joining him as an assistant coach at Atlanta?

;)

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as soon as they move to a Fall-Winter schedule to get on the FOX network :D

18. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can't really hear the crowd in the highlights.. :(

19. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this photo album, Patriotism rocks Dynamo fans, girls audition to be Dynamo Girls, and BBVA Compass does a great HDC impression

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I bring my friend Seth (Second from left) to his first dynamo game, after being station with the Army in Germany for the last two years, and he heads out for another three years to Europe and Middle East. He works in Air Defense if you're curious.
    [​IMG]

Click here for more.

cfig and anderson repped this.
  20. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    I will say this
    AH was shockingly bad last night
    CA had a great cross Dancing Bear should have done better with it.

Both JT and BB were immense

The service overall to Bruin was shockingly bad as I said to Glenn after the game when Davis' set peices do not beat the first man its going to be a bad night
    If anyone is buying us playing a 4-3-3 they must be smoking something. Its more like a 4-1-4-1 thats the reason Ching cannot replace Kandj he cannot play left mid.

Talking of Kandj he needs to change numbers i ahve never known a centre forward that cannot shoot the ball

DP will be great for us he understands the game and can play I hope he does not get frustrated with the mediocirity we produce on a fairly regular basis

Moffat needs to either pass better or make shorter passes. Sturgis needs a chance because he keeps the ball moving which is what we need.

Clark somethings wrong he is not that bad
    Ownby is enthusiastic long way to go

When GC goes we need to spend soem money and find a LB and RB AH needs to be cover for JT and BB and CA can go back to the cameo role as an outside mid
    We need a forward too because Kandj is not the answer and BC is only good for 15 to 20 mins if Bruin goes down we will never score

Hate to be so negative but if we cannot play on 3 days rest something is wrong last nights effort was poor

21. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concede the point. You're right. There's no argument I'm willing to or can make. I'm sorry for even arguing it.

22. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are out of your fuking mind if you think we played during the national anthem. We are always walking in late to the game. We made a huge effort to be there before the national anthem for this game. We did not play during the national anthem. If you heard someone playing then figure out who it was and blame them. Your fuking bullshit is becoming annoying and epic.

23. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong. Ashe haters came out way before Juve returned and started a huge thread about him. Then the Corey lovers started their own thread.

24. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    JC,

Last night, as well as last Saturday night, my wife and I heard drumming during the National Anthem. I believe it was because you guys had not made it to the section yet. If you are in the stadium and don't know that the anthem is going, that is understandable, but I did hear the drumming last night.

As for the fireworks show last night, I left before and walked into the team store. I bought one of the Brad's Brigade scarves last night. When I was checking out, I could hear the Marine Corps Hymn being played. The idiot behind the counter asked, "Why are they playing that stupid Disney music?" I told her what that song was and how insulting that was. She just walked off.

25. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I make it a point to listen for the anthem and try to stop the playing. When we do play, it is definitely do to being in the concourse and not being able to hear it. But 90% of the time we don't Enter the stadium until after all of the ceremonies as we tailgate as long as possible and we get fuked with every single time at the gates, random searches and all, so we usually enter at about the first minute.

Yesterday I asked everyone way before game time if we could make an effort to go in early for the national anthem. I as well as other members of EB have served and we felt like we should do it right for at least this game. EB was in the tunnel when the national anthem started. If there was drumming being played it lasted no longer than 5 seconds as I was in the front and was waving everyone to cut it off. And it did.

I'm not saying you didn't hear drumming, but if you did hear some past the first few seconds, it wasn't us. And if you ever do hear us, I promise you it's not out of disrespect or some ego thing. Just because we are a heavily Hispanic group does not mean we hate the USA, which is what some other members have tried to say in the past.

As far as last Saturday night, we came in at the 3-4 minute. You can even ask TA, we had a chant organized with them to begin after the national anthem, but we were held up due to an instrument argument at the gate with security, and we didn't make it in on time. We were still outside during the national anthem and we weren't beating any drums while we were waiting on their decision to either let one of our drums in or not.