Pre/In/Post: Chicago Fire @ Houston Dynamo 7:30 PM CST July 3, 2012

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ponte_la_naranja, Jul 1, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2012.
  1. Houston Dynamo win by two or more goals.

13.6%
  2. Houston Dynamo win by a goal.

36.4%
  3. Tie.

13.6%
  4. Chicago Fire win by a goal.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chicago Fire win by two or more goals.

4.5%
  6. I miss Dominic Oduro and his lack of goal finishing skills.

31.8%
  1. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Awful sub guy kills the game shanking it over the endline WTF.

2. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Dynamo W-L-D record on KPRC channel 2 is 0-1-3. :(:mad:

3. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Dangerous touches...Brad Davis ROFLMAO!

Unless you consider lateral passes to Corey, or five yard back passes to anyone dangerous.

Brad Davis = Donovan McNabb

4. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    That is like the umpteenth Chicago draw in a row.

5. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    18 assists last year, still leads us with 4 this year, he doesn't suddenly suck, you think maybe it's the way he's being used, or Corey feeling like he deserves to hit 10 crosses (1 decent) instead of committing people and setting up the meal ticket? If I'm Chicago I sure want Hainault and Ashe hitting them in rather than Davis and Boniek. Funny, that's what happened....

So get Davis up where Clark was put and maybe you get that one incisive pass we needed.

6. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    More than half of the "assists" last year came from set pieces, not run of play. It's a good statistic, but it's of limited use in games like tonight where you don't get many corners.

Corey wouldn't get ten opportunities if the "star" of the team would actually hold the fookin ball and attack rather than passing and dropping back looking for a quick five yard return pass.

Donovan McNabb...stats on paper look awesome. When you need someone to carry the team...not your guy.

7. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    What on earth are you complaining about. Let's take your "more than half" comment for granted. 6-9 assists is pretty darned good still. 5th in the league last year. And another 9 on dead balls? That's two 5th places. Combined? League lead in assists. With him? Up here. Without? Down there. Or did you miss the playoff lesson.

There is an art to moving around a defense so that it lines up where your target is open. Whether by design or what Corey cheats up into Davis space, and then his favorite thing seems to be a square ball straight upfield, not faking that pass then feeding Davis wide. I gather the concept of Corey at LB is cover for Davis' defense-light approach, but he then crowds Brad and is an inefficient setup man.

Like I was saying before, this is like letting the defense work you into having your big man shoot an outside shot. Rather than have Davis hidden in the middle of the 433 push him high like Clark was. I'm sure he won't be drilling the crosses in defenders' guts, or worse, over the line.

8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Injured yesterday

9. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    BS! He is on his way to England. Signed, sealed and delivered.

Defender of the game tonight: Mac Kandji. No one can stop a transistion attack faster than him!

10. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post Game Report:

EB said no f*ck are given, Game ended, they kept playing.
    Crowd was amazing at the end
    The actual game on the field, not so much.

JC507 repped this.
  11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Why didn't Davis shoot? He could've beat the keeper, but passed to an offside Kandji instead.

Boniek is a very good player. I can't wait to see him after he is rested for a few days.

Ashe can't cross a street, but had a good game.

Some very nice possession and good play, but toothless in the end.

Where's Watson, and Cameron?

12. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    drunk post warning!

hall=wall (i know its widely used for gk, but fu it rhymes with his name.)
    hainault=not doing it this year like las. come on big red DOMINATE!!!
    bobby=no fups tonight, coulda had a header if irc.. wish i had seen the rifle celebration:)
    taylor=i like taylor. strong mofo/ has good feet for a cb, lets keep him there and build some chem.
    ashe=i borderhop on ashe ;) ha.. one week i like him:cautious: hes a pit/ next week i come to my senses.
    mo fat=same as ashe, he "wont improve much" from where he is at, cmargos future spot.
    camargo=wtf is going on? light the flame on it b/c flashes arent dangerous.. dont ya see the flag beeyotch.. inspire yourself.
    davis=nts, but needs whatever dero has... cuz dero has it.
    boniek=me likes boniek.... wtf? how old is he..."give this player time, has room to improve." NUMBER 10!!! NUMBER 10!!!
    bruin=bruin is not so bruin in that spot by himself... but i will take bruin over agudelo or any other "young' american striker any day... even over josee "its practice yall" altidore.
    kandji=mac just needs to play more and control his emotions but im still not sold on him. i would rather have bruin play the 442 with carr than to play big mac.
    bbva=awesome tonight, just focking awesome.. a ton of people for a week game. who where the green people on corner? good noise from em when the cheerleaders got there.
    bbva as a whole was my mvp tonight!! its a tie but im happy and thats why soccer matters;)

brahmafutbol repped this.
  13. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on Davis. Clark has played terribly this year, but he was able to score multiple times in the sub role last year so it was worth a shot since he was actually going to be playing more of his natural position. Needless to say, it wasn't nearly enough but I'm not sure any other option would have better considering our options on the bench tonight.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Westside point of view:

- Long-time Dynamo fans have seen this game before: opponent concedes massive amounts of possession thru strategy or being down a man, Dynamo unable to break down team, ends up with disappointing draw. Posesssion stats utterly meaningless tonite.

- Dom's narrow field hurts us on nights like tonite. Felt like the Robertson strategy all over again - clog up the middle, not enough space outside to get wide and beat defenders. At least the crown on the field at BBVA Compass is less steep so fewer balls run out of bounds

- Dynamo took too few chances offensively, mainly with WAY too many square balls or back balls rather than the "skip pass" that puts a guy into space and creates a mismatch or 2 v. 1 with defenders. Entire midfield and backs were guilty of this, Davis included.

- Dynamo took virtually no long shots tonite, and they were available. It's a low percentage shot but a good strike can generate a rebound and a chance rather than the standard "go square wide, lollypop cross, clear by Chicago" routine.

- I thought the midfield did a poor job getting Bruin involved, especially in the 1st half. He'd come out and show for a pass and never get it.

- I recognize that fitness and injury considerations were part of tonite's subs pattern, but I'd have taken Kanji off before Bruin and honestly the Clark sub seemed unlikely to yield anything.

- Is there some sort of identity theft and impersonation going on with the person currently pretending to be Luis Camargo? What happened to the player from 2011?

- Ashe was MLSsoccer.com 1st star of the game. He'll get criticized here but he stuck with Nyarko pretty well when tested. Crossing needs improvement but the ball he sent into Bruin for a missed header was a good ball.

- JuveChelsea's in-game commentary is pretty good

- Lastly, EB really was on it's game tonite. Job well done. But once again, when EB & TA try to drum and sing over each other it sounds like a friggin' July 4th parade when one band has just passed but you can still hear them while the next band is playing while approaching you. Just doesn't make much sense.

footyfool repped this.
  15. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved the atmosphere as well, but apparently it really doesn't show on tv because we are getting a big thumbs down in the game pbp thread in MLS News and Analysis: https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...bp-thread-midweek-version-multiple-r.1947445/

16. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i will tell my kids and grandkids how good of a night i had at the stadium. he will tell em how he talked shite from a computer at home after watching a boring tie. makes no diff to me, i had fun tonight.
    edit: ok, i wont tell em about THIS night, but you get the point.. :)

Soccergodlss repped this.
  17. lol! big internet tough guy

and you can't read!

18. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    anderson repped this.
  19. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not believe this is true. Davis said Cameron was suffering from a hamstring injury. I saw a report at the game that GC was injured.

Though nonsensical things can happen -- it would make no sense for Stoke to make their best offer at this point -- and less sense for MLS to accept any offer now.
    1. MLS has only one offer and there is plenty of time for more to show up. Why would you accept the first offer to show up?
    2. Why sell the player before the end of the transfer period especially when your not exactly looking to sell in the first place.
    3. Stoke is going to start with a low offer and see if they get a counter-offer below their perception of market-value. Wouldn't you in their shoes? Anything else would be scandalously irresponsible.
    4. MLS is not dumb or new to this. They know not to counter-offer.
    5. Go back and search the history of transfers like this. It takes time and pressure of a transfer window deadline.
    6. There is no good way to know GC's market value. Therefore it will take a lot of back and forth for either party to get comfortable with a deal. The Dynamo would likely need some sort of clearly great deal or numerous offers that give them confidence in the market.
    7. Listen to Canetti's comments. He is inviting offers. Why would he accept the first one to show up while he is inviting others? It defeats the purpose.

20. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium was almost completely full last night but somebody mentioned all the empty seats. In reality there were very very few empty spots. I think that was the best attended game of the year. I think what is happening is what I was afraid would happen with orange seats, it's real hard to see the fans. I thought there were a lot of empty seats at the game at first too, but when I looked closer I saw there were actually bodies in those seats, they just don't show up since they were wearing orange. It's the same reason we switched from orange to blue balloons, you just don't see the orange ones. Also I think the suites being down so low looks bad on tv, they are full of fans but not everybody is sitting in their comfy padded seats. They look empty on tv.

21. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard from people that had reason to know that he could be on the plane today. He did pick up an injury but that was his last time in Houston.

22. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about 3 posts in a row, I'm trying not to pull a Juve but I don't know how to do multiple quotes on the iPad. Anyway, last 2 or 3 comments.....

Of all the games we've had at BBVA, to me that one was the hottest. I passed out balloons then almost passed out. I was covered in sweat and never did get dry. Seemed like there was no breeze at all there, though there was a lot of wind outside I think. First game I haven't felt a breeze.

And.... this was the first time I've ever noticed that TA/EB do compete with different chants. From my seats I usually only hear EB, and it looks like TA is joining in. This time I noticed they were doing different things. Too bad. But again, like I've said, I'm not sure what else to expect. They are different, and I mean REALLY different, SGs.
    But I wasn't crazy about EB playing all during the fireworks thing. WTF? Nobody wanted to hear them then. That was just plain dumb, and sort of disrespectful to the fans that wanted to enjoy the show, including the military that was being saluted. But I have to say, I did like their glowing drums....

And finally, the changes to the BBVA Compass ads in the two corners are a big, much-needed improvement. It's a small thing but I think it really finishes off the stadium nicely. Before that those two corners looked sort of incomplete, like it was still under construction. I don't know why that took so long to do.

7seven7 repped this.
  23. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    From where I sat, I did not know that EB were playing during the fireworks salute. It does seem very disrespectful, and luckily I could not hear them over the fireworks show. WTF.

The North end was sounding pretty good during the corner kicks after people figured out the floor has a drum-like sound to it. I won my tickets on the radio so I sat in a different place then normal, and found it to be much cooler in temperature then where I normally sit. I think the canopy over the seating areas holds heat and humidity in quite a bit.

I'm not as patriotic feeling as I was a few years back, but the young recruits taking the oath choked me up a bit.

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention this as well. There was absolutely ZERO air movement in the lower bowl, but outside there was a nice southerly breeze - say 5-10 mph, going pretty consistently. Last night was the first time it really felt stagnant unlike Robertson where some air would move through.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I heard about him being held out due to injury, I was sort of suspicious that he may have had a little tweak but wasn't going to blow it out with a potential transfer to Europe on deck. And if the team is acknowledging interest and shopping him, playing him and getting him hurt doesn't help the market. This isn't a slam on integrity, just a smart business move.