Pre-game Match 23: England vs Algeria, June 18

Discussion in 'GROUP C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia' started by bungadiri, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    What a ridiculous thread for this World Cup match.

I have a lot of English friends, but luckily they don't have the same arrogance and ignorance as their countrymen in here. The Algerians in this thread are also way too optimistic.

There is no doubt England has the best team and you will probably win by two or three goals. I have followed Algeria for many years and the improvement they have done is amazing (lost 2-5 to Nigeria and 0-3 to Gabon at home in last WC qual). But the team disappointed me in ACN (despite semi final), and I am really afraid our defence will get torn apart by attackers like Rooney and Defoe.

However, if the players perform 110 % and the 11 chosen by Capello have the same attitude as the English in this forum, Algeria might have a chance to get a point or three.

Lets just try to be friendly and hope for a good match.

2. Neutral2

Neutral2 Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    70% England wins
    20% Draw
    10% Algeria wins

3. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    England will win this game 3-0 I think, as England right now are one of the best defensively tactical teams in the world right now especially since Capello has taken over their team, and I think Algeria will fall prey to England and England will torch them for 3, 3-0 beating Algeria

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. GiorgioMoretti

GiorgioMoretti New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Udine
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Terry, just from reading your post I thought you were talking about Spain... England has good players but there is absolutely no cohesion... I say 2-1 for Algeria. Lets talk in a month.

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No cohesion? You're making it up as you go along....

7. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Algeria have just imported a load more french players as well to make up for the players who are injured. They are starting to look like the France D list team.

8. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    You should consider the truth. Algeria team is made up of players too weak to play for France and players forced to downgrade to a weakest national side, as Maruti said here :

Their coach himself said this :

Besides, knowing their mentality they disband easily once they are pushed into some hard pressure.

So it's basically the underdog here, and they have no chance against England (one of the best team in the world IMHO).

Plus, the english will be at home, they always travel en masse to support their team.

England-Algeria : 4-0

9. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    You're right. Even if France itself cannot be considered as a great team in this world cup.

10. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    They may not be considered a great team, but they sure do have great players...

11. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    To my eyes Algeria, look capable of battling it out and make a good game of it, but they also look equally likely to implode.

12. ReXage

ReXage New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    You actually think some of these players who are still very young will get a chance to play for France with Domenech in charge?? he ommited Nasri, and Benzema........

13. kingkazama

kingkazama New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Algeria can beat england ,but this world cup a lot of players are back from injury and others didn't play for months ..

its true that 80% of Algerians player were born in France .
    but when i see this team playing there in no big difference with 82' Algerian football

there is a lot of Algerian youth playing in France but many of them are waiting for the chance to leave that country because its difficult to play in France for an African player for many raisons

for example Ghezzal was playing in amateur league and he could never play in french ligue-1 if he stayed in France , he want to Italy and now he is playing in Serie A for 2 years ,same thing with antar yahia ,matmour ,bouguerra ...

there also racisme and discrimination in France
    even bouguerra said :""If you had a name like Madjid, Mohamed or Mamadou you always had to work harder than others to gain respect .Thankfully fate decreed that I'm now in a country where there is a different and more flexible mindset."

"At my next club, Gueugnon, the coach, Victor Zvunka, tried to convince me not to fast for Ramadan.He then said something so shocking to me I can't even bring myself to repeat it.He lacked respect for my religion, even though the Muslims at the club were the best players."
    "France is an increasingly difficult place to live in. People should be more open-minded, the way they are here.I'm now living in a free country where everyone can wear what they like "

in France today more than 70% of soccer players are from African origins (Arabs or black Africans ) and the big winner ,is the French soccer ,and thats why the French league is now ranked 5th in Europe .

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    algeria can't beat england

15. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    Oh please, stop whining. They have the best places in Ligue 1, that's the truth. And i think that's why France is only 5th in Europe. They are great players really, but so full of hate as far as "naughty France" is concerned, and that's what keep them from playing with their heart.

England has talent and heart. Italy too. They sing their anthem.

Look at Benzema, he would not even sing the french national anthem because he is so full of hate. He bashed Gourcuff because Gourcuff didn't share his beliefs, that's what i call intolerance. No wonder Benzema was not picked by Domenech, he is a great player but a poor human being. Same thing for Hatem Ben Arfa, but he is even worse.

16. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kingkazama and Grandprunier,

While the identity politics and its possible role in the selection of the French national team is a valid topic, generally speaking, we have decided that the WC forums will be more focused on the sport and the games played. Please discontinue this conversation.

Thanks.

17. kingkazama

kingkazama New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    i think this game depend of Algeria first game result .
    if Algeria win against Slovenia ,they will be more confident and play for a draw.

18. kingkazama

kingkazama New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I dreamed that england lost the Match :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    and then you woke up..:p Sorry, you gift wrapped that one on a platter...

20. gimba

gimba New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Algeria may be look so easy to beat but in side our heart we have a huge aim to win.
    score will be 2-1 Algeria wins. hard times to spend all the time watching that match but , we have a great team and we are coming.

21. gimba

gimba New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    yeah , I hope so.

22. zakil25

zakil25 New Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    In this game we have the advantege that England players will underestimate us (even if they say they won't)

23. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    Maybe so, but I haven't seen Algeria as a threat to Ireland in the first half of their friendly. Not familiar with their players so I don't know if they have a starting 11 or an experimental line up, but seems like they have some key players on the field.

Ireland lead 1-0 at the half off of a set piece header, but it was off sides though.

24. zakil25

zakil25 New Member

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    3-0 at the end :mad: the only reason i can give is that for 5 players its ther first game, most (all!) of them are supposed to stay on the bench when injured players come back, I hoped to see all the team today but that was impossible. anyway even if we lost its a god preparation.

25. GiorgioMoretti

GiorgioMoretti New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Udine
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope to see the starters back in form! (Bougherra, Yebda, Yahia, Matmour)