[Post-Game Thread 11/2] Dynamo v Frisco [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Cansez

Cansez Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Suburbia, Texas
    Last night's game wasn't broadcast in Houston (except on satellite, which was the Dallas feed), so you might have better luck with the Hoops partisans. Assuming all eight of them haven't committed suicide yet, that is.

2. Highway 6

Highway 6 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    With all due respect, I haven't read a thing you have posted yet that made me care what you thought. Anything else?

3. Highway 6

Highway 6 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    Wrong. If you have acess to MLS TV you can replay the whole game. I watched the entire 130+ minutes today.

4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    whoa, what's with the disrespect bro.

tone it down a notch, we're all on the same team here.

5. Highway 6

Highway 6 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    Friend of yours Rey? He challenged my post, no?

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    no he's not. i wouldn't know the difference between you and him.

as for someone challenging your post, get used to it around here. doesn't mean we got to get all uncivilized. so again tone it down a notch.

7. Highway 6

Highway 6 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    Why are you warning me again? Are you a mod? Am I breaking some Big Soccer rules? I am used to people challenging my posts, but not some random dude who I have never communicated with before. Why don't you just go on your way pal. Or have a real moderator tell me what big soccer rules I have broken.

8. OneTerryHurlock

Aug 24, 2006
    We did that when they went down to 10 men.

the 3-5-2 looks great for us but Dom's not going to change it now.

Joe will start up top with BC thats the only change.

I can make a point for both Stu and Pat to start but Dom's too set in his ways.

I think he was on the phone to Sir AF when Arturo got sent off, i have NEVER seen him react so quickly and change the formation. (we have played against 10 before in a 4-4-2).

Guys not trying to be negative against DeRo but "turnovers" in any sport will kill you. Playing in his roll he needs to keep and protect a whole lot better than he is doing, yes he's a great player for us but he needs to bring it next saturday and hopefully saturday week.

9. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Cansez,
    You won't be able to sell this point. I tried. I begged. I appealed to the TA/EB hierarchy on here about getting original especially when it came to the very unoriginal "culero" and "********" chants. They will tell you they are just doing what they grew up with. Talking about starting new traditions will fall on deaf ears. Just trying to help.

Cansez,
    Another rule on BS that you don't appear to be aware of, is the disrespect and eat your own rules. Don't go the whiney female dog route like I did. If you do, no matter how legitimate your points are, it will be lost the bull$&^$ excuse of "it is a sporting event". "Parents should that when they bring their kids to the game they should expect us to either get drunk and act like an idiot or just act stupid under the guise of it being a sporting event. "

10. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    legend.

11. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

And he is retiring this year. It will be a huge loss for Houston sports.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I think the Rudy T quote is very appropriate for the situation.

And Highway 6, just because somebody disagrees with you is no reason to get so defensive. And it's not like anybody cares more about your posts than Cansez's, or vice versa. When it comes down to it we're all just a bunch of random people posting our opinions on the internet.

13. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    nice! you have any more??

14. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    what a game. i was sitting with coworkers in like 207 and i was like f-this! im heading over there with EB/TA
    had a blast cantando y saltando for the whole game! I had my rayados ABACO jersey! hell it was me and some tigres fans(who wouldhve guessed) cheering together hahaha
    [​IMG]

i went to go try and meet denilson when the dallas players were leavin and got told i was number one (lol) by the FC Dallas players themselves who were on the bus hahaha. that really capped the night hahaha

15. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    click on the word PICTURES, it's a link.:)

16. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She's got lots of pics. Click the word "Pictures" at the top of her post.

Repeated here for posterity: Pictures:

17. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Dear Houston Mod (you know who you are),

Quit harassing me with neg rep. It is a waste of time. Don't be angry becuase I pointed out the truth in my last post. Yeah, it gets old to hear me say it, but what you should really be sick of is the little 7 and 8 year old boys that were sitting next to me at friday's game yelling "********" and "CULERO". I can't wait for those two white kids to go and yell that at school when someone makes them mad and then they get in trouble. Then the parent has to explain where they learned those words.

That is what you should be tired of. You will have to ban me from the HOuston Boards if you want to stop hearing it. In the mean time, quit harassing me.

Sincerely,

atpag96 ("trying to save the world", "wo is me", etc....)

18. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Videos!

Why is atpag using that profile pic?

ANYWHOO...

Sadly, Youtube is refusing to accept my latest videos, so I was forced to use Myspace's version.

Videos from Friday's game

19. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on atpag. So the "White Kids" at Rhodes Stadium yelling Bullshi* in response to a blown call by the Zebras at the last few games have had to have their parents come to school to explain where they learned that?

It is a waste of your time? How about you quit beating this dead horse since it seems to be consuming so much of your time.

New traditions will come with time, just like they do anywhere else in the world. In the meantime, do us all a favor and support as you see fit and let the rest of us do the same.

20. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dear atpag96:

Stop harassing our Mods in BigSoccer and our kids in school. Stop blowing my trip, I like chanting ******** and culero. I get my kicks that way because that's how I roll.

You are the reason I played hooky at K-garden !!!!!!!

p.s.

Dear Mods:

Can we give my friend atpag96 his own thread in the NSR side with a header that says something like:

Check in here if you are forced to stay after school !!!!!

21. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    By the way, the white kids could be any color. my point was that they had no idea what they were saying, but it could have gotten them in trouble. I find it funny that because i want kids to not get in trouble or learn bad things, i am the one that is in the wrong.

I won't do it any more. I forget the internet is a fantasy world where we can act like we want and even act like we are nuts. I will assume everyone on here isnt' seroius about it being okay for little kids to cuss. So I guess when you say i hope you are never my kids' teacher, I guess i should say I hope some of you never have kids, but i won't.

I will leave it alone and pray you guys aren't seirous.

22. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Re: Videos!

because nobius is my favorite houston mod. it is my tribute to him.

23. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Videos!

atpag96, since you're not capable of keeping things in PM, I'll just respond here.

Kids hear bad words all the time. I hear "bullshit" chanted at plenty of Astros games when the ump makes a bad call, yet people still bring their kids. If those kids next to you have decent parents, they will tell them when it's appropriate to say those words and when it's not.

Since you just had a child, I hope/imagine that you will raise them to know what words are Ok in polite conversation and what words are not. Isn't that what teachers want, for parents to take responsibility for their children and not blame society/others for their children's actions? Every teacher I know feels that way.

My negrep (first I've given you IIRC so I don't know how that's harassment) isn't because you don't like ******** and culero. It's because you post your diatribe in random threads that have nothing to do with language. I will continue to do that, and I encourage others to do the same.

This is my last posting on this matter.

24. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I should have kept this in the PM's. Please remove from the thread so it doesn't derail the thread

i apologize those who had to read my ranting.

25. jamus4545

jamus4545 Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    SPLAIN 2 ME THIS...........I have been posting here for over a year, but I don't know really what rep is, I think it's to report both extremely good and bad post. Could someone explain it to me. Have I ever been rep? I almost always keep my comments positive. Can you get booted if you get too many neg rep? I would never rep some negative post, I just overlook them as getting caught up in the passion, but I would like to rep some of the excellent sportmanship I see sometime posted here. Thanks