Possible Crests, Logos, Colors and Kits of Miami MLS expansion team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this is Miami-Dade:
    [​IMG]

And this is the city of Miami?
    [​IMG]

2. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes. apparently theres a county flag. and then city flag, which i was already familiar with.

3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385343607.701916.jpg

How bout these colors for Miami?

4. kombayn

kombayn Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly I think the best move for this team would be using the colors of the flags but bring back the Fusion name. Miami Fusion F.C., it works with the fusion of this ownership group and soccer coming together for the City of Miami. I don't think it's a bad thing to resurrect the name since no-one is really coming up with one now. No Miami FC, I do like Miami Ultras but other than that, the return of the Fusion would help the MLS in P.R. and show how the league has really grown.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree

I thinks it's possible, having the old name brought back. Maybe continue from the growing fan base that was there when they disbanded. Although if they do bring back the old team it would have to definitely be an updated new version (like a 2.0). New uniforms style, more modernized, maybe new colors as well.

I honestly don't think beckham would go with it though, IMHO I think Becks wants to go entirely new with this.

6. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so. When i think of Fusion... its a corny name for a youth team. as for the idea of Racings design, its very similar to what i posted earlier in the thread with Gremios. either one id be happy with.

7. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    miami_200.png

Here is a possible logo for a David Beckham/Lebron James franchise in Miami. I can imagine them recycling the "Miami Sol" name, but adding "FC" for the "Miami Sol FC". Before you get into the whole WNBA name business (the trademark is available). Remember several names have been recycled from defunct sports teams. (ie: Charlotte Hornets and Chicago Fire for the WFL). Here's my idea for the team crest, it uses the same colors as the Miami Heat.

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Negative, please don't use that name for the Miami MLS team, the only city nickname fc name I can agree with would be miami fusion fc anything else is just too kiddy, not a serious name for a professional soccer team!!!!

Miami Athletic Club (club Atletico Miami), deportivo miami, Inter Miami, etc. needs to be used give the MLS a serious world renown class team name, no more Houston dynamos an San Jose earthquakes, and LA galaxy's, lets grow up, please MLS grow the eff up!!

futbol in Miami repped this.
  9. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Gawd no!!!

Do not copy some foreign club name ie. Deportivo, Inter, Athletico, United, Real, Sporting. Copying your more famous foreign neighbors is not growing up, and is not a form of flattery. Makes you look like a wannabe.

Pick a cool nickname that represents the area or community, and doesn't sound like WNBA (ie Fusion, Energy-sorry OKC)

10. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its not copying. In world soccer its the norm. sure you find odd names throughout the world. but in general those are traditional team names. Not the mickey mouse names you normally see in American sports.

11. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and i agree. .. Sol sounds awful. i like the creativity behind the crest though.

12. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'll take a mickey mouse nick name over being the 300th United.

Just in case you don't know, Miami is not getting a foreign futball team. They are getting an American soccer team, in an American sports league. You may see a mickey mouse nickname- brace yourself:p

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like these but I'm afraid NYCFC will be hogging all the light blue for awhile (unfortunately).

14. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im on the opposite side. i rather have United, Athletics, Deportivo heck any traditional world soccer name over Chucky Cheese Miami Sharks, Dolphins, Blue Fin Tuna or freakin Flamingos. I know its an American league, but that didnt stop DC United, Real Salt Lake (which makes less sense) or FC Dallas.

Lucho305 repped this.
  15. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok why does everybody think the name are from the more famous foreign teams?! Ur ignorant because every freakin league in the work has those names except MLS, you need to rethink that copyin euro snobbery craft a little harder. Teams even in Mexico South America use those traditional names, not just europe. So in reality MLS is the lone gunmen here, with copying NFL MLB and NHL names!! Do your research an see how many leagues use traditional naming system not just England and Spain, as I'm sure thats what you are assuming...

So to reiterate @futbolinmiami yes we need a traditional name if the world, not just our domestic league, wants to take us seriously

16. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure there is a different color scheme that can work, and please no more red and white, or blue and white combination, lets mix it up, get other colors involved.

17. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @30King
    Ok why does everybody think these names are from the more famous foreign teams?! Thats ignorance, because every freaking league in the world has those names except MLS, you need to rethink that copying euro snobbery crapt mindset, a little harder. Teams even in Mexico, South America use those traditional names, not just europe. So in reality MLS is the lone gunmen here, with using NFL MLB and NHL names!! Do your research and see how many leagues use traditional naming system not just England and Spain, as I'm sure thats what you are assuming...
    So to reiterate @futbolinmiami yes we need a traditional name if the world, not just our domestic league, wants to take us seriously!!

Had to edit my previous comment, did it from my iphone and in a rush this morning, stupid AutoCorrect.

18. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I last time I checked we are in America, Love it or Leave it. Your transitional names don't belong here.

19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #144 Lucho305, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    @SteveUSSF_ref8 Your current location is in California, what could you possibly know about Miami?

What the hell, I'm as American as you buddy. Love it or Leave it? Traditional names is the way to go if you want to be taken serious in the soccer world, if you want to continue the NFL, NBA, NHL naming style for your team, go right ahead, but not here. Miami wants to be taken seriously in the world!! I want a club that is fluent in international cities and normal to the soccer world, not just to the states. Miami is a diverse city, if you choose a silly name like Miami Suns, Miami Sol, Miami Watevers, you are not going to get a fanbase down here, You need a name for a team that is used around the world and that is well known!! Miami is an international City, Gateway to the Americas, We ain't California or New York, We Are Miami!! and I want to name the team based on that fact.

You get your silly American names out of a GLOBAL GAME!!! Remember whose sport this is, don't all of a sudden try to make it your own!!

20. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #145 SteveUSSF_ref8, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    So, Los Angeles Galaxy and New York Cosmos are sill names. Yet, both are known world wide. Remember, David Beckham use to play for this silly named team. By the way add the "Miami Fusion" to your silly name list. Sorry I'm buying it.

21. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SteveUSSF_ref8

Ok, Yes I feel you but that is exactly my point, California and New York are their own distinct cities. Miami is different, We know more soccer than both those cities combined. Miami is an Influx of soccer, futbol, futebol. Miami is an international city, they deserve a traditional name. I agree with you, New York Cosmos is a world known team, Galaxy not so much before Beckham, don't get all bigheaded on me. Yet the Cosmos are in what the USL/NASL? Plus they got big because Pele. Look, like I said before name your teams whatever you want, I just want my city, my team since I was born and raised here, to be named how it should be named, and I'm sure i am not the only one. My question is though why are you so worried about how this Miami team should be named? As far as Im concerned, you seem to think Miami is like any other American city, and believe me buddy, you don't know squat. Im open to your ideas, but im just saying, don't get all offended because its not to your liking.

My next fact is, then why did MLS teams like Kansas City Wizards (now Sporting KC), Seattle Sounders NASL (now Seattle Sounders FC), Vancouver Whitecaps NASL (now Vancouver Whitecaps FC), Dallas Burn (FC Dallas), REAL Salt Lake, etc. etc. Why has MLS changed their names to more traditional names? Beckham is not naming this team NFL, NBA, MLB style. Its pretty obvious what MLS has done will Emulate into Beckham's new team.

Oh yea and the new team that just came about, what is their name again, from Orlando? Yea, I thought so.....

22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Miami Fusion is known as Miami Fusion FC, I think we have a misunderstanding here, what I'm trying to say is that I don't like names such as LA Galaxy, San Jose Earthquakes, I don't mind but I don't like names such as Seattle Sounders FC, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, and the names I do want, are names like DC United, Miami Athletics (Club Atletico Miami), Sporting KC etc etc these are traditional names

23. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Um, not sure where to start.......(can't believe I have to respond to this)

First, our quality of play on the field is WHY the rest of the world is starting to take us seriously. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what we name our teams. For you to think that, and try to make an argument out of it is completely LAUGHABLE, and to use your term, IGNORANT.

Second, can you please explain what a "traditional naming system" is? Can't seem to find it on Google.

I don't know you, but based on your last few postings, you're the poster child of wannabe eurosnobs, who think we have to "do it like the Euros" to gain credibility and legitimacy. Giving nicknames to sports teams is a mainstay of the American sports scene. Collectively, USA professional sports is THE world juggernaut. Our little team nicknames seem to be working OK, dontcha think??

Now, you are entitled to your opinion. You can like copying all the Euro/South American/Mexican trams all you want, and I'll be for "American" nicknames. Just don't base your argument on USA legitimacy in the world soccer scene; its embarrassing.

Again, how good we are on the field is all that really matters. Conforming to world soccer (futball) play does not include how you name your team.

Have a nice day (Congrats on your future MLS club- whatever name it may be)

24. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385490988.858770.jpg

Take a chill pill, just my IMvHO, holy crapt dude got offended..

25. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Re-read your post, Bro (and the few directed at Steve). You got spun up, my friend. You jumped on the high horse about a team name. I laughed and thought the whole argument was dumb