Possible Crests, Logos, Colors and Kits of Miami MLS expansion team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

Silver would be nice. Definitely need some more authentic looks in MLS.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Different" I can see, but what about silver is "authentic?"

I mean, if you're in Nevada ("The Silver State"), that seems to make sense. But why would a team wearing silver be any more "authentic" than a team wearing any other color?

4. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

Wrong word. Original, unique was more what I was going for.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe we should just stay with the Miami Fusion F.C. name.... We just went hiatus for some years and come back stronger than ever...

thoughts...?

6. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's a good idea, the FUSION may not have the 35 years of name history like the Fort Lauderdale Strikers does, but they also have history in the area. Also they still hold the record of having the most wins in a single MLS season, to this day that record hasn't been broken by any of the current clubs in the league today. We all could build on that moving forward like how San Jose has done with the rebirth of their Earthquakes club.

7. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what if Beckham's group decided to bring back the "Miami Fusion FC" name, but with a twist using Manchester United colors. I believe a possible logo shield could look like this:

logo.jpg

MLS1FAN repped this.
  8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks a lot like Striker colors. For any number of reasons that would never work....:cool:

9. dangit77

dangit77 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always like the old ABA Floridians colors.

[​IMG]

10. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the Striker's colors are Red, Gold and Black. The Man U colors are Red, Gold and White. David Beckham and Simon Fuller have stated many times how they are huge Man U fans and the colors run through their veins.

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are we talking blood red and gold?

[​IMG]

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still looks a lot like Striker colors. I doubt very much if they'd use something that looks like them. YMMV.

13. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I don't think David Beckham and Simon Fuller, would even care if they were the Striker colors. In fact I don't think they care about the Strikers. They are going to do what they want to do regardless.

14. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    Love the logo and colors. Fusion is a cool name. But rather a new name, new start. How Miami Athletics?

15. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. Beckham & Marcelo Clare will do what they will do, but I'm not sure they want to make enemies right from the start. We'll see....;)

16. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is that Marcelo Clare is already pissed at Traffic over the some issue with the Strikers.

17. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tried to buy them. He got turned down.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am under the impression that Traffic is still under the Cosmos-aided delusion of bypassing MLS and making a mint of selling their players to Barca and ManU. Hence why they didn't sell.

Man, would that be awesome for the Strikers.

19. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it wouldn't be awesome. It would be suicidal. Traffic is in the meat market, but I never heard of them making a living as you describe it. The primary delusion we've heard of would be the delusion of challenging MLS for Div 1 dominance. I think a reality check happened and that has been abandoned.

They still say they are in this for the long haul. They are long term and are actually going to build that new stadium. We'll see what happens to my team when Becks & Claure do their thing. They will not do it with the Strikers. They will do it in Miami. Let the good times roll and the devil take the hindmost.

20. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember the Cosmos ownership has gone on record saying that they want to play at the highest level within 4 to 5 years, but they don't believe that need the MLS to achieve this goal. I would not be surprised if the NASL challenges for D-1 status within 5 years. Thus opening a soccer war, similar to what happened between the NFL vs. AFL in the 60's. Doing this with the hope that they can change the ownership structure in MLS and merge 4 to 6 teams into MLS.

21. SailorJo

SailorJo Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlético Miami, olé olé olé!

Actually, I think that's a pretty cool name for the club.

Speaks to the Latin American roots of Miami-Dade County and to the rich sports culture in South Florida.

Plus, some really strong clubs bear the Atlético name... Atlético Madrid, Nacional, Bilbao, Paranaense, Miniero.

I could even imagine Miami hosting a competition between all the Atlético clubs.

Probably none of the following colors would work for Miami, but interesting nonetheless:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

krusso repped this.
  22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the Idea of the team speaking toward the Spanish community, but would it still be the same if the team was Athletic Miami (English) and Atletico Miami (Spanish). I brought this idea up many years ago, and the rage of people, they didn't like the fact that the team was only for the Hispanics. we also have to think about the Jamaican community, American Community, Canadian community, Haitan Community, etc. etc. We could name it Athletic Miami and then when we talk about it in Spanish it can be spoken about as atletico Miami..

The main idea of this new team if it comes up is, its a team for Miami in general, not just the Spanish community, yes we are heavily Spanish influenced but we can't go completely 100% Spanish. This MLS Miami team has to be for the whole city, has to catch everyone's attention and be liked by everyone...

but yea I would love that name for the team, and maybe the team colors with red and white, or if anything green and white, with an accent of orange for the City of Miami Flag...

Damn will we ever get more news on this expansion thing??

23. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this idea for the colors seem like a possibility, I like that we would be the only team with pink in the league, speaks Miami. we can have alternates as well like the black Floridian jerseys. Specially that the Strikers already have red in their team colors, if we are to be true rivals there has to be different colors, for both sides...

24. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

Teams just can't leave MLS. That's now how single-entity works.

25. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Exactly re. the team needing to represent the whole city and the diverse communities and nationalities. As someone previously noted, Miami United would be apropos for a Becks team.
    This point might be for the other thread but with City investing in NYFC, it would make perfect sense for Becks to get United(Glazers) to invest in a team in Miami along with him and have that partnership with Man.United that NYFC will have with Man.City. So then you get Miami United FC. MUFC. What a rivalry they could have with NYFC despite the distance. :)

Utherhimo repped this.