Possible Crests, Logos, Colors and Kits of Miami MLS expansion team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Oct 13, 2009.

1. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We're getting off topic of the thread, bit I think that Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) will get #24; there's no other team up that way besides Chicago, and it's a large market. They also appear to support the lower level team they have.

25 and 26? Wow, that's anyone's guess but I also think it will happen at some point.

2. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Getting back on topic, Lucho305, this is for you. I took the photo you posted and played around with Photoshop to create an "oil" painting of a friendly "Miami vs. Barça" match. Enjoy!

miami v barça oil painting-miami is all in.png

Lucho305 repped this.
  3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, you really think the league will get that big? I think 24 is pushing it, IMO. How would a league with plus 24 team will operate? You don't think there is too many teams? I say 24 and split it into two conferences. Now if the league gets up to 32 teams, then I would say split the league completely. Have an East League and a West League, and have 16 teams a league. Then have competitions like the US Open cup but only both leagues. I just feel like a soccer league with 24+ teams might be too much to handle.

4. Duffington

Duffington Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a funny way of saying fairweather fans

sawillis repped this.
  5. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep! suckers ;)

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blah, Blah, Blah...

We'll do our talking on the field ;) In all seriousness, love how this rivalry is already heating up.

What seems to be the consensus on some name possibilities?

For Atlanta, we are looking at mostly:

Atlanta Legion, Atlanta Locomotive, Atlanta Olympic, Atlanta Phoenix, Atlanta Firebirds, and Atlanta Terminus...I'd add that I personally like Atlanta Crossroad, Apollo Atlanta, Atlanta Empire, and Atlas Atlanta.

Names for Miami that I like:
    Club Atletico Miami, Club Deportivo Miami, Miami International FC, Miami Vice FC, Miami Athletic, and Miami Armada (need to pry it away from Jacksonville though). But ideally, I want a Miami team name to have its little gaudy feel to it... It needs to fit Beckham's personality... whereas, Orlando City seems to be the blue collar team of Florida; Miami seems to be the team that is all glam, south Beach, and going to try and go all out with big DP signings. Personally, I'm leaning towards Miami International FC.

7. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you an Atlanta native? what are things or names that define Atlanta from the rest of the country? Whats very typical of the city culturally?

from the names you mentioned, i noticed a theme with trains and stations. Crossroads, Terminus and Locomotives. Is that how most ppl there define their city?

8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The train theme has to do with the dawn of the city... And it's past history... City use to be called Terminus and marthasville. A lot of fans like Locomotive because it is relevant to Atlanta's history, isn't too Euro, yet kind of is...

The Phoenix represents the new birth of the city after the Civil War and how it has become the capital of the New South. Because of potential confusion with the city Phoenix, there has been mention of Firebirds... Which I personally dislike because there is already the Chicago Fire and it sounds cartoonish.

The Olympics were held in Atlanta which is one of only 3 American cities to host the summer Olympics. plus there is Centennial Olympic Park. I've made reference that Atlanta is also kind of able to connect each of the Olympians to the city... But that's stretching it.

Legion is a universal name (Spanish and English), strong and represents the military community, plays off the Empire of the South theme, and signifies the unity from the Deep South states.

Other things, Atlanta is known for (in no order):
    1. Largest airport, transportation hub
    2. Rap music, strip clubs, night life
    3. Southern Food
    4. Civil rights movement, "city too busy to hate"
    5. Being burned down and becoming capital of new south
    6. Forests... More trees in the city than any other major city in the US
    7. horrible traffic. Sprawling city
    8. Peachtrees
    9. Aquarium, Cetennial Park, and Coke Factory
    10. zombies and the CDC
    11. Olympics

I'm sure there is more, but that's what is off top of my head.

futbol in Miami repped this.
  9. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanx for the insight. i was only aware of a few things you listed. but still not familiar enough with the city.

it makes sense then with the team names floating around. I wish you luck with a new MLS team. dont let the haters try to bring you down when they cite sports attendance.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  10. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same for you guys. I am really excited for the opportunity that we are coming into the league together, and I'm rooting for all three of us to do well... of course, I am going to root a little harder for Atlanta ;)

11. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there is no chance of the team being the Silverbacks?

Or why not go old school and name the team the Atlanta Ruckus? :D

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  12. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol.. No thanks to Ruckus or any other name that sounds like a carbon copy of the old energy drink surge.

The thing about the Silverbacks is they will not partner with MLS or blank. my guess is about the same as ft lauderdale strikers and Beckham.

13. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I was about 7 or 8 every youth league had at least one team in each age group named after them. Do people still remember the team or is it too obscure?

That's too bad about the Silverbacks because I think it is a great name.

14. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ok, time to send these good Atlanta folks back to their thread...wishing them well but time to retake our thread for Miami!

So here's a little Italian inspired bright and colourful Easter candy for Atlético Miami...

Atlético Italian shield logo 300x484px.jpg

15. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Names l like:
    Miami A.C.
    Miami F.C.
    Miami S.C.
    Or Variants of the above.

Mascots/Nicknames:
    Sharks (Miami has Dolphins and Marlins, might as well stick with the Sea animal theme) - Colors - Teal/Aqua and Yellow.
    Fusion - Colors -Yellow and Blue.
    Pirates - Colors - Silver and Navy.

Font. I would like to see an Art Deco script.

16. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #541 Andy Bulldog, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Orange,Aqua and either black or silver?

MIAMI SC, FC...

Sharks would be cool for a Mascot.

Surprised no one has come up with MIAMI A.F.C.(Association Football Club)

Attached Files:

17. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those names are good and then having an unofficial mascot like the sharks would be cool, as for Miami A.F.C? The rest of the country would most likely butcher the name and compare it to the NFL's AFC's conference.

Your ideas are good but I want a mascot that relates to the city not to the other local teams, like I said I want this team to be unique and really represent the city and not be fishy like the Dolphins and Marlins. This team really has to capture the demographic as well, having a name that everybody in Miami can have the name roll off the tongue and by that I mean the Spanish and English language.

So an Atletico Miami with the common translation of Athletic Miami, or Inter Miami which can be said similarly in both languages.

yes I understand there are other ethnicities (languages) in the city as well but none others have strong influence here than Spanish, the rest can say the name in English because most likely that is the language they use to get around the city.

As for colors I would rather have it capture the flag of the county or the flag of the city, because it has to represent the city. I would like to imitate the great teams like Barca and how they use the Catalans colors to represent their team for example.

Andy Bulldog repped this.
  18. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #543 Andy Bulldog, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Yeah I thought of the NFL connection. I merely through it out there , as I havent seen it mentioned. Not that I would like it.

I would be okay with A.C. Miami/ Miami A.C. But leave it to the fans to call them Athletic or Atletico.

Only reason I would be against the blue and green of the Miami-Dade flag is, its too similar to the Seattle Sounders color scheme.

No one has teal and yellow. As a Buffett fan , I would love the teal/yellow and Sharks...Landsharks lol

Whatever they decide on. I hope its better than the Marlins and Dolphins fiascos. I like both teams, but no way Am I buying their new attire.

The orange-red and green of Miami's flag would be nice.

Attached Files:

19. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orange-red & Green. Miami M.L.S. In Art-Deco(Atlassol) font.

Attached Files:

20. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I've always thought the Dolphins revised colors are spot-on in tune with the times.
    I give them an A+ and think aqua should be the Miami MLS team's primary color and then also use some combo of the city colors (orange-green) or whatever.

Along with Atlético or FC Miami it is the perfect identity.

21. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some other names/mascots. Not that I like all of them. Yeah they sound lame or like minor leagues.

Cruisers(boating)
    Riptide
    Tide
    Makos (shark)
    Surf
    Seagulls
    Caymans (crocodile)

22. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Most of the soccer teams in the world have no official nickname.
    Here is a sampling of names using the Atlassol (an art deco font)

name samples-atlassol font.png

23. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #548 Andy Bulldog, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Im fine with clubs having no official nickname. Love Art-Deco and it goes well with Miami.

I still prefer A.C. MIAMI, S.C. MIAMI , F.C. Miami using only the Initials.

To me Atletico ,Athletic and Futbol Club Atletico in the official name, seems to aim at one segment or the other. Whereas A.C. ,S.C., F.C. as initials only do not.
    Futbol Club Atletico comes out as A.F.C. in English. Yeah I mentioned it earlier, but only in reference, not that I cared for it.

24. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a horrible edited uniform that I attempted. But you can get a general idea.

Attached Files:

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the uniform colors, but definitely with a different design though, great job though on the uniform creation ideas