Possible Crests, Logos, Colors and Kits of Miami MLS expansion team

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Oct 13, 2009.

1. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    because he used to be on loan there?:confused:

i would think miami united or the miami lions would be more fitting for becks.:rolleyes:

2. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Real Till I Die

Real Till I Die New Member

May 11, 2010
    Salem, IN
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like this one. Maybe tone it down some, more of a Palermo pink, black and gold deal. I did something like that once on paper. That color scheme would be unique for not only MLS, but Miami as well. Would definitely stand out. Not sold on the choice of name though. I'd try and find a way to make Miami work by itself

4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I was actually looking for a more darker purple color not pinkish purple.. And to the guy above what do you mean? I'd try and find a way to make Miami work by itself Magic City is Miami, its thier nickname, or do you mean you want the name Miami in the name?

AC MIAMI is pretty sick, and those uniforms would be nice, it would definitely catch the attnetion of the UM fans, and im sure they will grasp on quicker because of the color, and become fans....

The uniforms are pretty sick as well.... keep them coming guys!!!

Can anyone do like a fiorentina Uniform for Magic City FC team, like I mean that purple...

5. Real Till I Die

Real Till I Die New Member

May 11, 2010
    Salem, IN
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant the word Miami in the name. I'm not a huge fan of using city nicknames for the teams actual name

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok Ok, so yeah then definitely should be the city name and not a nickname, I believe you are right, doesnt look good on a team..

Like I said I would prefer names like:
    Miami Fusion FC, Atletico Miami, Deportivo Miami,
    AC Miami (with their respective colors) because we are an international city so we should get a name like an exclusive soccer team, I really dislike the names like NFL name and such, like Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, Chicago Fire, San Jose Earthquakes, etc. etc. Names like that are too american for a league that is already americanized enough, I like what they've done though with Real Salt Lake, FC Dallas, even Seattle Sounders FC is fine to me, as long as they add that FC to it, it sounds original to soccer around the world..

7. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucho Lucho Lucho, my friend......you're still not facing the truth of the situation here in South Florida. By now you must have noticed the incredible buzz all over the tri-county area about the Strikers return. You must have heard how theyv'e sold more season tickets in a single day recently then for the entire year last year. You must be anticipating the reality that this year's average attendance is probably going to eclipse the last three years of Miami FC combined.

You are a lone voice in the wilderness my friend. Pro soccer in Miami, or with a team named Miami, is dead. It's not going to miraculously rise again. There's no impetus for it, nothing to drive it. I don't doubt your passion, but there just aren't anywhere near enough of your fellow 305ers that feel the same. Embrace what you have, listen to the MLS Commissioner - support the Strikers. THIS is the ONLY way to MLS left for South Florida. Too many are skeptical, and to some degree rightfully so. But if we show them the Strikers can be different from the Fusion and Miami FC, we might have a chance.

As for the names, well you're just not seeing the big picture on this either my friend. Those "americanized" names are what the league needs to continue building its fanbase. The facts are that soccer is not anywhere near as popular as football, baseball, basketball, and in a lot of places hockey too. Hard core soccer fans are already on board if they're going to be on board with MLS. The casual soccer and sports fans are where the fanbase needs to be grown. "Deportivo Miami" is not going to help that. That's going to alieante many more fans then it will attract. What is the #1 MLS team that fans are always screaming for a rebrand for? Chivas. Come on my friend, just embrace what is, what has a chance. Forget about the other stuff. My offer for a beer on April 9th still stands! Go Strikers!!!

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I guess, but I have not seen no advertising out here in Miami at all!! Maybe Ed because he is a soccer fan of traffic. Sorry bro but Strikers is not my team, and all this sudden burst of tickets sales is because they are putting effort into the team striekrs, if they was to do the same with Miami FC im sure we would be right there with the strikers now, like I said it aint fair how they misjudge us when Miami FC never got any help as the strikers are getting now, I think its good too with the Tennis all start celebrity match on wednesday, very nice. But if Miami had this same money or power or advertising I think it would be twice as better, I mean cmon its MIami, ft. lauderdale doenst have much to offer except umm, i guess the strikers.:D

Dont get bothered by my ignorance S&M, I really want a team in My city, this south florida thing isnt working for me, there is a great difference in the two, we are not the same. I might see you at the game april, Ill offer you some aguardiente for the beer and we can I guess talk about soccer in the future..

9. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MIAMI FC=FT.LAUDERDALE STRIKERS. :) Without the short-shorts and updated numbers of course.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we replace the logo to the new that just came out?

11. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which ever expansion comes next, they need to have stripes man, no team in MLS has stripes, maybe Miami can be the next team

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For "Miami", red & yellow hoops, Lucho, with black trim & numbers. With black shorts & socks w/red & yellow trim. Maybe red or yellow shoes, too....;)

13. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shall we continue this thread? Create, brainstorm, Give Beckham ideas.....

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. WiscFan

WiscFan Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the color scheme, especially if they don't go with the Strikers. It reminds me of the Miami concept from PCGD Studios. His link is below.

http://pcgdstudios.com/america-leag...mpique-de-montreal-jacksonville-las-vegas-sc/.

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pink and Black would be unique.

17. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea was thinking that? Unique colors to MLS, and I Think Orlando has purple in there scheme. New colors have to come into the league already too much blue and red, and blue looks like the main color of NYCFC...

Prime Time repped this.
  18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But i believe we have to het colors that represent the city and and an Emblem that also reps the city, what are our city colors? What are we known for (history wise) not party and south beach, we have to have a connection from the team to the city that will relate to fans and Miami. For example Portalnd has done a great job of that red for rose city, we need some type of link with the city and its history...

What is Miami known for? What can represent us as a city?

19. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apathy? Does that have a color? LOL

Antique, Never Offside and hasselbrad repped this.
  20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys suck the fun out of life!

Too bad orange is already claimed. I like black associated with Miami. Not sure what the other color is. Neon cyan?

21. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

22. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let us live in our ignorance!!! lol, you guys don't quit, just let it be... I respect the strikers so please respect our (Miami Beckham backed team)

You think so Prime? Black? Im sure we can have any other color and then always have that 3rd black kit that every team has.. I don't know, I would say the colors of the Miami Dade flag, but I wouldn't want to alienate the rest of south florida. I wouldn't mind having the Florida flag colors for the team which is red and white. I believe all three counties have to jump on this team too, regardless of the team location (that beckham and the rest of MLS want and Miami fans)

So there Red and White?

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are going to hate this, but this is what I was thinking:
    :unsure:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida

An orangish-yellow would have been nice since it would resonate with the sun, oranges, etc.

But I think a Miami Dolphins' aqua or former Florida Marlins' teal would be sweet, since they resemble the ocean that we all know and love. :D

krusso and nbace repped this.
  25. nbace

nbace Member

Jacksonville Armada FC
    United States
    Apr 8, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All about the original Marlins Teal...maybe with some silver....would look sweet!

krusso repped this.