possible football boot/soccer cleat customisiation

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by htafc, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    hi, i was just wondering if there is any way to customise your boots, apart from: blacking out, adding an elastic strap, personalisation, and making a mixed soleplate or changing the lenght of studs. :) i realy want to get some copas/world cups and customise them :) :p

2. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    i know some1 who had the tounge of their copas replaced with the mania tounge, it looked so cool

3. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    How did they do that? I have always wanted to do something like that but never wanted to risk scuffing up a descent pair of boots.:)

4. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, i though that when i read it ;)

5. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Indeed:)
    I'm a big customisation fann actually, and want to get some miadidas pulses, especially seeing as I heard you can get the POWERPULSE taken out, therefore leaving you with a somewhat lighter boot. I can't save up my money though!:) (Burns a hole in my pocket, which I also said in another thread.:))

6. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah i think you can ;)

7. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    you can take your boots to a coblers and he will change the tounges around by un-stitching the current tounge and replacing it with the new tounge.

8. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sounds cool, but the main reason i like world cups is because of the tongue! :D

9. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    That's a great idea! I might try it, but I might not be alloud. :(. My mum and dad don't like me mucking around with 'a perfectly good pair of boots.':)LOL
    Oh well.:)

10. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, i dont know if you have read the thread about asics testemonials but he added an elastic strap by cutting the thread and inserting elastic etc. and i am not aloud too. i am not even aloud to black out boots! :mad: ;)

11. squelid

squelid New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    i wanna do something like this, what do you think a mania tongue on the predator pulse would look like. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but do u notice that overal u can bring the tongue down further and it will stay for longer than the pulse, because the elastic strap comes out nearer the end of the tongue, whereas in the mania, they come out near the middle, so in the pulse tongue, its almost forced to be brought back down the boot after use if u want to have the tongue like becks, for example. I noticed that in becks pulses apart from the diff tongue, the elastic comes out the tongue like it did in the mania- near the middle, and not near the end..

THANKS, ps. jus 2 say agen, wot u think a mania tongue wud look like on a pulse?

12. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    do you have photoshop or something like that, i dont but it might be possible to do it like that. also if you have 'paint' get a pic of a mania and a pulses and use the 'Free-Form Select' (top left corner) and cut out the tongues and swap them around.

13. squelid

squelid New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    u think it wud look gd?

14. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i dont know, probably ;) what pulse are you thinking about though :)

15. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i just tried doing what i said on word and it has come out realy nice :) i used the old silver red beckham pulses :cool:

16. squelid

squelid New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    I was just thinking of the normal blac/red/white pulses with the red mania tongue. Can you do that for me, and then post a pic. Or do you even have msn messenger?

JB

17. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Nah neither am I, I tried it once and got told off. That was on my total 90 III astro's, and it didn't work properly. (Dry wipe marker and a shiny surface.:))
    That's why I'm so keen to do miadidas.

18. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    You like???

[​IMG]

I don't know if the pic will come up sorry I've never done one before.:)

No it didn't sorry. Anyway it was a pair of predator precisions in silver and white, with a blue mania tongue.:)

19. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    yeah, sorry i cant post pics :confused: :eek: they do look very good though

20. zathras704

zathras704 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    charlotte, NC
    I tried to sew a longer tongue on a pair of copas once. The ones I bought had a short tongue. I found someone selling a large size on ebay for cheap, in good condition, and took the tongue off and sewed it on my copas so I could fold the tongue down really far. It looked good, but it was really difficult to sew. Someone elses suggestion of going to a cobbler may be a better idea.

I'd like to find a pair of world cups with a really long tongue on them so I could wear them long. If anyone has any size 9uk 9.5us - let me know, I'll buy them from you!

21. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sounds good ;)

22. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    My mum and dad let me do exactly what I wanted on my new pulses! (They said that they didn't care coz they were my boots, but if I scuff 'em up it's up to me to buy a new pair!
    Anyway - notice the way the elastic on the mania's is in a different place to that on the pulses?

Well, my elastic is white on one side and blue on the other. I unpicked the elastic, and sewed it back on further up the tongue, so now I can pull the tongue down further, but still keeping the elastic tight, also I flipped the elastic over, so now the elastic is blue! :)

What do you think about shaping my tongue? The sewing part is easy as I have a machine. I thought I would try and get it to curve, lie I saw on a pair of Beckham's old precisions.

23. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    sounds good, was it easy

24. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Very. :)Are you always online? No sooner have I posted than you have posted a reply!:)
    It was easy, what do you think about shaping the tongue then everybody?
    :)

25. htafc

htafc New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    England
    i dont know, what shape where you thinking :)