Possibility of a Central Asian Football Federation

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Afghan-Juventus, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    What do you think of a Championship including Afghanistan, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan?

2. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I'd even push for the inclusion of Kazakhstan and maybe even the nations around the Caspian Sea, such as Azerbaijan. Would make it that little bit more interesting throwing a couple of 'European' teams into a Central Asia tournament.

Nurafshon and Zandi360 repped this.
  3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I read in the news that Iran is actually considering withdrawing from WAFF and establishing a "South & Central Asia Football Federation" . WAFF was originally established by Jordan with the help of Iran, and Iran played a major role there and pretty much led the organization jointly with Jordan. But ever since the WAFF's expansion and inclusion of hostile Persian Gulf Arab states into WAFF, they've taken away Iran's chairs and have sidelined Iran within WAFF. So Iran to plans to leave WAFF altogether.

4. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    In a recent seminar that was hosted in Tajikistan, and the top officials from Central Asian countries, Afghanistan and Iran participated, this topic was discussed. No decision is made though. AFC is actually putting these countries under the South and Central category in their website.

5. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    It would be ideal to combine South and Central.. not sure how the SAFF Cup will work, but to exchange ideas, and promote and develop grassroots will be good.

6. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    If Iran and the other Central Asian nations join then we would have 13 members in the confederations. There could first be a Qualification round where the 6 lowest ranked nations could play in a round robin tournament with the top team qualifying to the main tournament. Then it can follow the normal SAFF routine.

7. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Thats a good idea.
    I would only see if Iran and Uzbekistan would want to play against lower tier nations (they might find it a waste of time or send a youth squad.
    There is still a huge gap between Iran / Uzbekistan with the rest.

8. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not bad idea. Personally I would not be opposed to it.
    Iran and Uzbekistan would probably send a youth side, but Iran does that for the WAFF tournament anyway.
    As Mani, I also want Iran to withdraw from WAFF
    I would much rather have Iran play with Central Asian nations than Arab teams.

It can also help the other Central Asian countries progress in the game.

9. Haris Baraz

Haris Baraz Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Apparently they will try to fuse SAFF with with central asian countries (Tajikistan,Uzbekistan,Turkmenistan and Kyrghzstan.) Kazakstan won't be part of it because they are with UEFA and so is Azerbaijan and Armenia. Iran might be part of it just saying because now when I look at the AFF site they are part of South/Central Asia not WAFF...

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    This has nothing to do with AFC, so a UEFA member could also be part of a Central/South Asia confederation.

What we have found with South Asia is that the AFC never know where to put them in their own competitions, be it East Asia or West Asia. If a Iran/Uzbekistan was to be part of a CAFF/SAFF , then we might just find their club sides and international youth sides part of the East Asian bracket, would this be problematic for Champions League etc?

Iran, also no need to withdraw from WAFF if they do go into another regional group. They could uniquely have input across a whole hoard of organizations.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I think they would be apart of west asian bracket.

12. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If south Asian teams join this federation, I would rather Iran stays out of this. South Asian teams are very weak. The Idea of central Asian teams along with teams from Caucus region (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and perhaps Turkey) is awesome. Perhaps some republics from Russia can compete as well. It can be the first cross continental federation.

13. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

A meeting between Shaikh Salman and the suspect MAs which are supposed to establish Central Asia Football Federation. The meeting was attended by Iran Football Federation President, Ali Kafashian, Afghanistan Football Federation President, Karim Keramuddin, Kyrgyzstan Football Federation President, Semetei Sultanov, Uzbekistan Football Federation Vice-President, Alim Aifov, and Tajikistan Football Federation Vice-President, Mirzoev Khurshed.

14. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. We welcome Afghanistan to our ranks. Love to see Iran and Uzbekistan playing against each other. They play more friendly compared to some Persian Gulf neighbors. I wish Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Turkey join us as guess members.

15. ASNI

ASNI New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    This will be a perfect tournament it will benefit Afghanistan to become a better team by playing the likes of Iran Uzbekistan.... we have already shown we are good enough team now by beating Turkmenistan 3-1 and we have always beaten Kyrgyzstan so time to learn more of Iran and Uzbekistan and who knows mybe challenge for big things within next decade... I would love Afghanistan to play Iran

16. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    The quality of opponents in CAFF is much better than SAFF and I think we will see all nations except maybe Kyrgyzstan in the Asian Cup. Also theres now a CAFF thread in case you wanted to see that one: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/caff-thread.2006121/

17. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    What is the aim of establishing this region? what is the advantages? How will it affect to AFC tournaments?

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Youth tournaments is what I'm hoping for. Seniors not to much of a worry really

19. Riva Philip

Riva Philip New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    I have a suggestion:

1. Merge OFC with AFC to form Asia-Pacific Football Confederation (APFC). Middle East and Central Asian Teams should be seperated from AFC to form Middle East Football Confederation (MEFC)

APFC can have 3.5 World Cup Spots
    MEFC can have 2 World Cup Spots

(At present, AFC have 4.5 and OFC have 0.5)

APFC itself can have 4 Sub-Divisions:

1. Oceanian Football Association (20): Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti (French Polynesia), New Celedonia, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji, Guam, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, American Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Northern Marianas Islands, Palau, Micronesia, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Niue, Wallis & Futuna,

2. ASEAN Football Association (11): Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunie, Indonesia, East Timor, Philippines

3. East Asian Football Association (8): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Mongolia, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan

4. South Asian Football Association (7): Pakistan , India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives

Total APFC: 46 Members

Elite Teams: Australia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, North Korea, China

* - Associate Members

Middle East Football Confederation can have 2 Sub-Divisions:

1. West Asian Football Association (12): Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, Yemen

2. Central Asian Football Association (12): Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Israel

Total MEFC: 24 Members

Elite Teams: Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain

20. Riva Philip

Riva Philip New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    World Cup Qualification in APFC:

Oceania:

First Round (10): American Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Northern Marianas Islands, Palau, Micronesia, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Niue, Wallis & Futuna,

10 teams will be split into 2 Groups of five-teams each. Top 2 teams in each group will qualify to First Round

Second Round (12): Eight directly entered teams - Tahiti (French Polynesia), New Celedonia, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji, Guam, Papua New Guinea, Samoa along with 4 Qualified Teams from First Round

The Group winners will qualify to Third Round.
    The Play-off winners between the Group Runners will also qualify to Third Round

East Asia:

Second Round (4): Hong Kong, Macau, Chinese Taipei, Mongolia

Winner will qualify to Third Round

ASEAN:

Second Round (11): Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunie, Indonesia, East Timor, Philippines

One Group of six-team and one group of 5-teams. The Group winners will qualify to Third Round. The winners of the playoff will qualify to Third Round.

South Asia:

Second Round (7): Pakistan , India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives

Top 2 teams will qualify to Third Round.

Third Round (15 teams):
    - Directy entered to Third Round (6): Australia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, North Korea, China
    - Qualifiers from Oceania (3)
    - Qualifiers from ASEAN (3)
    - Qualifiers from South Asia (2)
    - Qualifiers from East Asia (1)

These 15 teams will be group into 3 Groups of 5 teams each.
    The Winners will qualify to World Cup

The Runners-Up will advance to Fourth Round.

Fourth Round (3 teams):
    The winners will play with Intercontinental Playoff.

21. Riva Philip

Riva Philip New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    By the above proposal, we can see more competitive matches than South Korea vs Brunie, Japan vs Guam, New Zealand vs American Samoa, etc.

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I don't think the likes of Turkey Armenia and co will leave UEFA for a start, and off course Australia will not want to go back to an Asia-Oceania region

The winner of OFC should be allowed to play in the final stages of AFC WC qualifiers and that's about it.