Portuguese coaches abroad

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Was wondering the same thing? No way AVB goes there.

2. abnormal

abnormal Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Carlos Carvalhal is out at Besiktas. After new management, mutually decide to rescind the contract that would take him to the end of the season.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They are running through coaches pretty quickly.

4. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    You are right but if you are Beşiktaş coach and 20 points behind of leader,you cant say "We are good!" Here is not Portugal and Beşiktaş is not Braga.

You are right,in Turkey,if you are coach of Beşiktaş,Galatasaray or Fenerbahçe,team must be champion.

Also Carvahal was very unlucky because of some reasons but he lost his control and he had no idea what he did.(exp,Carvahal-Quaresma fight)

He is really good man,not just Beşiktaş fans,all Turkish soccer fans liked him and I wish him best!

I wrote here before,new president may send all portuguese(bad performance,money problem etc),president doesn't want to talk about it now,we will see at end of season.

Our new coach may be Slaven Bilic.

sorry my bad language.

5. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    You're right...the Portuguese league is better.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I think 1903 is referring to the Big 3 of Turkey, and relating to Sp. Braga, regardless of their current campaign, not being one of Portugal's Big 3.

7. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Yeah Vilafria you said what i meant.

Of course Portuguese league is better than us.

8. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Not for much longer. The Turkish league has been spending money on players and coaches. I think the money will drive the league above the Portuguese league. The only issue is consistency, as they tend to go through their coaches very quickly...and they have had some very high profile coaches (including the national team).

9. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Joachim Löw,Del Bosque,Alberto Parreira,Schuster,Hiddink,Lucescu,Aragones etc all of them worked in Turkey but has been sent after a year.(Except Lucescu)

Do you know İbrahimoviç,Ronaldinho,Kaka,Ribery,Nedved etc has came Turkey when they were young?Turkish club tried them and sent because they has no future!

The only problem is Turkish clubs have very very bad president,manager.

Beşiktaş has spent more than one billion dolars in a 8 year.Can you believe this?And Beşiktaş got what?Only a Turkish league title in 8 year.

Beşiktaş,Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe have big potential.They have history,money,million fans etc..but they have been ruled very very badly.

Im not hopeful for future but government is chasing clubs!Fenerbahçe president is at prison(match fixing) and Beşiktaş ex president may too!(because of 1 billion dolars! corruption)

10. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    How can you say this when the league has been in the upswing for the past 2 years. We're 4th in Coefficents so far this year.

11. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
  12. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    It's all about money. Leagues tend to go up and down. Look at England, only Chelsea is left in Euro competition but I wouldn't say they're on the downslide. Last year Portuguese teams did well, this year we only have Sporting left in competitions...and hopefully they will continue past tomorrow. Looking at Turkey, they have spent tons of money on players and coaches but so far haven't found the right combination. But if you look at their top 4 spending teams, I'm sure they're close if not above their Portuguese counterparts.

Look at Besiktas, no Portuguese team could afford to have their four Portuguese in their team. Teams in Turkey are spending lots of money, and soon we should see that impact in the quality of their soccer. I didn't say it would happen next year, but definitely within 10 years.

And maybe I oversimplified that it is all about money. It's about money AND passion. And the Turkish LOVE futebol...and are willing to spend their money on it.

13. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Jorge Costa fired at cluj after being in 1st place with a few round remaining and a 5 point cushion.

Mourinho's lead in la liga down to 4 points.

14. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    We'll see if Mourinho can straighten out the ship. I assume he plays for a draw against Barcelona (and the fans will jeer him) but if he draws that game I think RM takes the title.

15. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    AVB must be tearing his hair out, what a horrible year to follow his great year last season.

16. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    He should learn to be patient.