Portugal World Cup 2014 General Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by GoodDead, Nov 19, 2013.

1. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No non-Portuguese will believe me because they don't know the rotten apple, but for me Moutinho>>>Modric. Seriously, you can have one for your team, who do you pick?

Nani_17 repped this.
  2. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And this will forever be your first post on Bigsoccer.

s7kru repped this.
  3. AjaxCruijffVanBuuren

Nov 22, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    "ass" = signed

4. BENFICATUGA

BENFICATUGA BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This has actually many good points in here. You can see this guy understands and knows what he's talking about. You gotta understand some portuguese fans have no knowledge about other teams, and they just throw out random thoughts who are far from reality. I also liked your kick-ass vocabulary, the guy will never know what hit him hahaha.

Cheers buddy ;)

5. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    [​IMG]

3 losses in 3 games. Wow. That must have really sucked for you guys.

How does it feel to suck? We wouldn't know, we've gotten out of the group stage in every tournament in the last 10 years.

After seeing Holland play live against Portugal in the Algarve this summer, I couldn't have been less impressed with the Dutch. They have some quality up front, but they're slow, their back line is atrocious and they play with very little heart. They're a pathetic team to watch, honestly. Haven't really improved since the Euro, in my opinion. They'll get embarrassed in Brazil where teams are actually playing with some pride, passion and heart.

And btw, LOLOLOL at bragging about one of your defenders playing "every game for Celtic"….HAHAHA. Yeah, impressive….

s7kru repped this.
  6. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "Ass" is your signature?

7. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just the table was actually the perfect answer. Take back your edit!

8. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    If he didn't start with "hello shit face", I would have been kind and objective as I usually am. Decided to be a punk to him since he acted like one.

9. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope he's a troll, because it would be even sadder if he's actually that much full of hate.

10. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    When one uses the argument that they have a quality defense because one of their starters plays for Celtic, it can only be assumed he's trolling...

11. BENFICATUGA

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This has nothing to do with what happened in 2012. A guy was talking garbage about Netherlands and he made very good points defending his opinion. The vocabulary just shows he is a passionate Dutch fan. I believe we all swear once in a while, don't we?

12. AjaxCruijffVanBuuren

Nov 22, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

13. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You suck at trolling, kind.

Paposeco repped this.
  14. BENFICATUGA

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If you actually read his comment properly, you will realize he didn't say that. He said that the defense was crap, but there are many talented players who could do well in the future. Just pointing out the obvious here.

On another hand, i find it funny that everyone is hating on this guy but none of you have come up with even one valid argument against what he said. I'm a Portugal fan, but you could do better in my opinion.

15. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing wrong with him defending his team, if I was dutch I would be upset too, especially because they have one of the best teams in the world.

The fifa ranking argument was really dumb though, next week Portugal will be ranked 5th, does that now mean we are fifth best? without playing a game while he made that point, we are now better then Uruguay.

BENFICATUGA repped this.
  16. BENFICATUGA

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well finally someone who said something worth reading xD I agree with you, it wasn't the best argument. But he said many things besides that. The way i see people commenting and hating on him it looks like they're assuming everything he said is wrong, when actually most of it was quite good and accurate. I just like the way he stood up for HIS team the way he did. That's why i'm defending him in the first place. If we Portuguese took his example and supported our team as he supports Netherlands, our team wouldn't be so hated on as well. Some of us lack this passion.

17. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watch every Real Madrid game, I am sure it would be viewed as bias, but Moutinho>>>Modric any day of the week.

18. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    All I see there is that we both lost to the World Cup winners.

Although, Villa's goal against us was off sides…

Not to mention that was 4 years ago. Not sure how that trumps the most recent tournament?

19. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I think people here are quick to jump on Netherlands supporters because they are quick to dump on Portugal every tournament. There have been some beauts over the years come into the Portuguese forum with no other intention that raise crap and put Portugal down. I dont think this poster really had that intention but is a victim of the posts/actions of previous posters .
    Holland is a team with a tremendous front but lacks defensively. A team that has to be respected.

BENFICATUGA repped this.
  20. BENFICATUGA

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree 100% . I didn't think he had the intention to put Portugal down either, he just saw his team being "attacked" and he defended it. Always have to respect that ;)

21. AjaxCruijffVanBuuren

Nov 22, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

we won against Brazil when you couldn't win against them and we at least almost won from spain in the Finals...
    But more important, so you say that what happened 4 years ago doesn't really matter but what happens almost 2 years ago does ? if you say it like that i can also say that Portugal couldnt win against Israel and Northern Ireland last year and yes that clearly shows some skill.... yes that definitely shows how much better than Holland, Portugal really is ....

BENFICATUGA repped this.
  22. AjaxCruijffVanBuuren

Nov 22, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ThankYou i couldn't agree more

23. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    I think Portugal and Holland have a lot in common, they produce players of individual brilliance, the football culture demands entertaining football be played but they also share the trait that hold both of them back.

THERE BOTH MENTALLY WEAK.

Really the Dutch or the portuguese should have a tournament between them over the last 15 years but they have not because they don't have the winning mentality. It's a shame because we need positive football nations to win tournaments to promote the right way to play football.

Hopefully Portugal or Holland win next year but I highly doubt it.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    The general Portuguese mentality disgusts me. I still fume at Euro 2004.

25. BENFICATUGA

Jun 10, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thankfully, not all Portuguese are like that ;)