Portland Timbers

Discussion in 'Portland Thorns FC' started by Cliveworshipper, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... Allie Long's a central midfielder... She's got some grit, I think. (Actually, she reminds me of Bussaglia.)

2. TsovLoj

TsovLoj Member

Aug 16, 2012
    OK, then the real question is why did I have it in my head she was a forward?

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Here's a snippet from when she joined the WPS Sky Blue.

So...somewhere in the middle of the midfield.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice pick up. She had a nice stint with PSG. She has technical skill, can possess the ball, and will interact positively with fans.

5. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Long can play both and so can Sinclair. Id expect Sinc to play off the line like she does for Team Canada.

6. Ryan1980

Ryan1980 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    I asked Merritt about this (I write for Stumptownfooty.com) and he hasn't gotten back to me on it. More than likely aperfectring is right that they would play all of their games at JWF if the season tickets are more than Merlo can hold.

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I asked a fellow in the sales office two days ago (Pat Rice) he said they still haven't made the determination., but yeah, if there are more than 5K holders who actually plunk down the dough, it will be tough.

The Timbers have played at Merlo for games not on the schedule ( Man City comes to mind)

And there will almost assuredly be an exhibition or two there this Spring. A game against the Pilots seems likely.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Canada would like her to play high, but she doesn't get enough touches there. She would score more if they got a couple more mids to feed her consistently.

9. aperfectring

aperfectring Member+

Jul 13, 2011
    Hillsboro, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    http://www.stumptownfooty.com/2013/1/24/3911534/portland-thorns-fc-surpass-5000-season-ticket
    Now greater than 5k season ticket deposits. I doubt they are still planning for any games at Merlo anymore.