Poor, Poor AIG Unhappy With The Terms Of Their Bailout

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Q*bert Jones III, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
  2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have sympathy for the rank and file. I remember when there was bloodlust to deny the rank and file their contracted 2008 bonuses, that was bad. But Hank Greenberg and his ilk? They can suck it. From jail.

3. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The rank and file would have been jobless if it weren't for the government. Would they have complained about the size of their unemployment checks too?

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A fair point.

5. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    There is only one thing to say about this.

F*ck AIG. F*ck them hard. If they follow through with this, Holder should investigate every little thing they do from now on, and make their lives truly miserable. I hope they go bankrupt and their executives spend their lives in prison.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I would hope they would investigate all banks and the shit they do regardless.

BTW, do we still own any part of AIG? I was under the impression we sold all the government held stock.

7. Q*bert Jones III

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
  8. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I've been away for nearly 6 months and this is bringing me back - geez.

What did Hank Greenberg do? Nada.
    Spitzer and his buddies threatened AIG with lawsuits back in 2005. After his departure, the execs and Board that weren't willing to stand up to Spitzer decided to bet the ranch on CDS. Greenberg used them and allowed them, but never would have allowed them to proliferate like they did because he had so much at stake.
    But that's fine, just revise history and allow your bloodlust for anybody that isn't a liberal to show through.

9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP. Lol.