POLL : Who would you rather see win the league?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonsquad, Mar 26, 2014.

?

Who would you rather see win the league besides Arsenal?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2014.
  1. Chelsea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Man City

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Liverpool

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    + Afonso Alves, Vleminckx, Pantelic and our BigSoccer favorite Jozy Antiscore.

2. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liverpool. Exemplary club. Tradition, pride, great support and grounded in tradition. And that Stevie G deserves to wrap it up with a trophy.

3. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    pool all day...i wasn't a fan of Suarez one bit...thought he was a racist, biting cnut...but dude has buckled down this season and is playing some really inspired football. would be nice for old kolo to get one more trophy...sturridge too, can't wait for him to get his redemption.

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #29 BIGHMW, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    If not us, then Liverpool. For Steven Gerrard, their veteran captain, the man has won everything else, the UEFA Cup, the European Cup, the FA Cup, and also the League Cup, the only thing missing in his great career, is winning the league title, it would complete the set, but they haven't done that since 1990, and never during the Premiership era (1992-date), it would be the icing on the cake of a tremendous career and a great way to go out..... ON TOP!!!

EruditeHobo repped this.
  5. Boondock

Boondock Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Pool, if only to further cement in Wenger's head that he should be (and should have been) doing a better job with the resources he had.

BIGHMW and EruditeHobo repped this.
  6. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Man, that is one fanboyish post. I get respecting Gerrard, but this is a little over the top.

Oh, and you gotta do something about your run-on sig. Brevity is good.
    Sincerely, the BigSoccer Sig Police

octavii repped this.
  7. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like heart is winning over head for the Liverpool votes. I said it before I'll say it again, it would be terrible for Arsenal FC.

Plus...the Suarez t shirts...ugh ;)

8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? That statement seems like it comes from the heart rather than the head.

9. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simply put, your lot have the most to gain right now. LFC has always been a huge club, but winning the league now could not only keep Suarez there, it could attract more top talent. I'm sure LFC will attract some talent either way, but going to the champions is always a bigger draw for players. I fully expect Man U to come back and challenge next year, and I don't want more competition for those top 4 spots which are so crucial. Since we've been on the fringes of the CL places for several years, I'd hate to see us get elbowed out. I just think it's a lot easier for us if LFC don't win the title.

10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, fair enough.

I mean, the damage on those terms you've outlined is pretty much already done, so I can't help but wonder how much of a difference winning the title would actually make. The system and philosophy and players are already there. Narrowly missing the title, which I consider likely, doesn't change much about next season or this summer. Stars and manager are locked down on long deals, the revenues are improving, plans to improve the stadium in place, etc.

I agree United will/should spend massively and be more competitive, which means Liverpool and Arsenal are guaranteed nothing moving forward... but rising from 7th to even say 3rd, that in and of itself is enough of a statement to the talent out there on the market for the time being. Maybe that's me being naive.

11. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, most of it is done....but keeping players isn't so simple. You held on to LS last year but let's see what happens when a club is willing to table a massive bid. Plus you're gonna need more next year, not playing CL games is undoubtedly a factor in why your team is so fresh and settled right now.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  12. AEAAFC96

AEAAFC96 Member+

Mar 27, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool to win it. As I stated on another thread: it would be poetic justice that in the 1st year SAF's out of Man U, Liverpool come back to win the title.

For Gerrard it would complete his career: FA Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, European Cup and, at the end, the elusive PL title.

BIGHMW repped this.
  13. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All true. As an Arsenal fan I couldn't care less about any of it though.

14. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000
    Are they really? I'd rather City win the league.

15. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would like to see Pool win it.

AEAAFC96 and EruditeHobo repped this.
  16. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yes. should they win it, they'd be the most successful team again (I think United last season equalled them).

United is overall IMO the bigger club though.

17. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Us, Pool, Jose, City, even Spurs would or may spend. United would have more competition. I think they're going to be a top four/cup team at best from now on. Any one of the current top seven, including Everton if they get a wealthy backer, could overtake United as the dominant force.

18. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wouldn't mind a Charity Shield game against them though.

AEAAFC96 and EruditeHobo repped this.
  19. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How great would it be to win the FA Cup, and smash Liverpool in their first game as champions?

20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially if Steven Gerrard were to retire after Liverpool finally win the League for the first time since 1990, while we (easily) win the FA Cup over Hull City in the Final, we would be on such a high after winning our first trophy in 9 years while 'Pool would be having a letdown of epic proportions without Stevie G even in the 18 let alone the starting XI.

darcgun repped this.
  21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I never feel comfortable answering these questions 'cause I wouldn't prefer anyone. Just end the season without a winner. LOL, if I had to choose I'd say maybe Everton even though they aren't an option. Chelsea = cvnts. City = greedy club with 0 class. Liverpool = arrogant. Most of their fans were quiet until recently, now they think they're the best thing in football. Fuvk em all.

22. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope Abramovich, the Sheikhs and Henry get caughed for tax evasion and match-fixing so they give the title to us lol.

LewanBroski repped this.
  23. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on which Henry gets caught for tax evasion, I hope you're not referring to the Thierry type of Henry, because he exudes class!!!

24. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i'd think the government pays him tax ;)

25. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Easily? I admit Hull were shit of late but let's not jump the gun. Bruce will come up with a plan, I'm sure of it.