POLL : Who would you rather see win the league?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonsquad, Mar 26, 2014.

?

Who would you rather see win the league besides Arsenal?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2014.
  1. Chelsea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Man City

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Liverpool

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So at this point we are, barring an amazing run, out of the reckoning for the league title. Who would you rather see win it, and why?

For me it's Man City>Chelsea>Liverpool, for the following reasons:

1. City have the least to gain. They will have spending power regardless, and top players will still be attracted to them either way.

2. ******** Chelsea and everything they stand for....but same thing really.

3. Liverpool have a ton to gain, this could up their power in the transfer market/keep Suarez there, and start a knock on effect that would be very bad for Arsenal.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will go with City. I like Pellegrini, excellent coach and decent human being. Then, Liverpool.
    I would hate to see that twat Mourinho winning the league.

3. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liverpool.

If I hadn't played for an RAF base soccer team that called itself Arsenal back in the 70s, I would have been a Liverpool fan. The two people who taught me most about soccer when I was 8 - 9 years old were both Liverpool fans, and I'm sure I would have gravitated towards them.

4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    City -> Liverpool -> Chelsea.

City may have a ton of money, but the only player on that team that I don't like is Nasri, and I don't hate Nasri all that much. I prefer City to Liverpool because Liverpool winning the league means they have a good shot at leapfrogging us as a destination for transfers.

Chelsea - I hope Stamford Bridge falls into Satan's maw every time Chelsea play there.

5. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    City is nouveau riche and all but I haven't worked up much hatred for them. Their fans are mostly tolerable.

For the scouse I don't really like Rodgers...

[​IMG]

and some of their fans are pretty unbearable. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see Stevie lift the trophy. I think if they don't win it they will fade back more than the blue teams as their players are more likely to be poached

And then chelsea can go do one. Filthy Russian oligarch, Portuguese tw@t, the mates bird shagger, lampard, cashley...its like they were set up to be an evil comedy club.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  6. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool

I like how they are showing you can punch above your weight class with a team-first ethos.

7. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool. Even though I like City's 'team' a lot more, the only way we're getting back to our league winning ways is to follow Liverpool's lead. Blue collar work ethic, ruthless transfer policy (Suarez), and modern tactics and training.

If we were gonna just start splashing the cash a la Chelsea and City, Usmanov would already be running the show.

8. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Liverpool.

Anything to upset oil barons with money to waste.

AEAAFC96 repped this.
  9. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was buying Suarez ruthless? It was a big gamble at the time. It worked out for them, sure, but ruthless?

J'can repped this.
  10. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually referring to how they decided to keep him this year instead of selling to us.

11. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah ok gotcha. Yet another reason it's better for us if they don't win the title...he could be off.

12. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    How was it a gambe. He was on fire at the point both domestically and in Europe. I was really praying we prised him away from Ajax but Liverpool did it for a fantastic value.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    City because they have already won it recently, hate the chavs and the scouse

Super Llama repped this.
  14. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Liverpool.

I don't hve any Liverpool fans in my social circles, so that' the best choice for me. I don't want to hear their bullshit everyweek. City would be next for similar reasons.

Serengeti_Boy and charlie15 repped this.
  15. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    City is definitely my 'favorite' of the 3. I hate Chelsea a lot more than Liverpool, but I'd prefer for the Reds drought to continue.

16. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Spurs.

:D

That would be L'verpool or Chelski.
    Love to see that plastic club (Citeh) fail to win it. Again. After spending more than 1 billion dollars in 6 years.

17. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Suarez already was burning his bridges with the English media to do everything to get sold to Madrid.

I think that if they decided to go for Suarez instead of Bale, Suarez would have been a Madrid player and L'verpool would not be in the top 4 now.

18. The Foo Fighter

The Foo Fighter Member+

Mar 15, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool. Great club, some great traditions and a lot of pride in their team. Sure there's some unbearable reds, but the lot are generally pretty good, supportive, and dedicated. Not to mention they have taken the time to rebuild after being shit. They deserve it if we don't win IMHO

19. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    @thebigman disagrees

:ROFLMAO:

The Foo Fighter repped this.
  20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pool obviously.

I wouldn't mind City or Arsenal winning, which seems unlikely at this point. Chelsea would be rough.

22. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  23. teamcaptain

teamcaptain New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    I would love Liverpool to win it. They've waited over 20 years are still the most prestigious club in England and have gotten where they are through sheer hardwork.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  24. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Signing players (strikers in particular) from Holland is a toss up. Two words...Mateja Kezman.

25. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    He's an anomaly. Kezman was always reliable on service just like Alfonso Alves years later. Suarez for me was undoubted quality on club, European and national team level. I didn't doubt his skills one bit.

anyways, I want Liverpool to win to prove to Wenger you don't have to ball like City/Chelsea to bring a trophy home.