Plymouth Argyle

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Ottawa Green, May 28, 2010.

1. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Well the Holland tour is now over, the final game last night ended up as a 3-3 draw match report here http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2099286,00.html

This game gave all the players who had'nt played yet or who had been injured, etc and resulted in a real mix bag lineup for instance Liam Head a young striker made his Argyle debut as right-back, Freddy Hall US trialist played his 2nd game, there were only a 2/3 regulars in the lineup mostly youth players.
    So back to England and there some decisions will have to be made, 3 players who might be regulars this season did'nt go to Holland, Bhasera could'nt get a visa, Fallon still has'nt started training after being given time off after appearing in World Cup and Seip who stayed in Plymouth waiting for his first child to be born which happened last night.
    I'm sure there will be a few players leaving and maybe 1/2 coming in before start of season.

2. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  3. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey... Anton Peterlin is American!!!!

lets hope he does well at Argyle this season!

4. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  5. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    2 more friendlies this week a 1-0 win at Hereford, Maclean scoring and a 1-1 draw at QPR Summerfield penalty after Maclean brought down.
    3 new new trialists played Doyle a 6' 5" goalie from Birmingham, played all of Hereford game and 45 mins against QPR, Lee Molyneux, a full back ex- Southampton and Stéphane Zubar from Guadalupe, who has played in the Romanian league last 2 years, his brother plays for Wolves.

Ome more friendly on monday against local team Saltash, this will be a game for those players who have'nt played that much.

George Donnerley has gone on loan to Stockport for 6 months and before league kickoff expect a few more players to go out on loan.

6. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  7. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when is the first game of the season? this saturday?

8. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is, Southampton away. I'll be there so I'll let you all know how it goes, I can't wait.

We've signed goalkeeper David Button from Tottenham on a season long loan, he was at Shrewsbury and seems to have done very well there. We needed another goalkeeper, I suppose we'll have to wait and see if he's going to be first choice of back up. We're also apparently on the verge of signing Lee Molyneux on a five month contract.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2109543,00.html

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2109812,00.html

9. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    JJ the first game on saturday against Southampton is being shown live on Sky in UK, so i expect that their will be a stream on the internet somewhere, if i find one i will post it here. Kickoff is 12:15, so here it will be on at 7:15am.

10. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Argyle beat Saltash 8-0 last night, Patterson and Bradley Wright Phillips score 2 apiece and others went to Mason, Nelson, Noone and trialist Tudor Jones. Saltash are a local team so just a good runout for the balance of the squad.
    Biggest suprise though id Doyle who has played in 3 exhibition games and performed really well inluding last night only letting in one goal is gone and Argyle signed David Button from Spurs on season loan.
    I guess it came down to finances.

11. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so does Argyle had 3 solid keepers now, including Roman L?

couldnt they spend some money on a scorer?

12. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Nope Doyle has gone it will be Larrieu and Button as goalies.
    It would be hard for them to bring in another striker when they already have, Fallon,Maclean, BWP, Patterson, Mason, Bolasie, Noone, etc.
    I think the major problem was getting the service to the forwards from the midfield last year, all they were doing was hoofing the ball up to Fallon, if the midfielders can keep it on the ground and use the wingers i think they will be OK, and i think Maclean is the key, he could be Argyle's top scorer this year if used properly.

13. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The season starts for us with a 1-0 win over Southampton.. on the road no less!!! a good 3 points for us to start the season.... some game saving tackles according to Sky Sports commentary, BUT.... a win to start the season is welcome news!

14. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Back to reality, and Argyle can concentrate on the league after losing at home to Notts County 0-1 in the Carling Cup

15. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the more things change.... the more they stay the same

16. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  17. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW... look at how young he looks.... 18 yr old going up against 28 yr old hardened veteran... he better have eyes in the back of his head.

18. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
  19. ArgyleEd

ArgyleEd Member

Jul 20, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We didn't play that well but scoring a last minute equaliser is always fun, I enjoyed that. Rory Patterson looked very good when he came on, I think that for only £40,000 he'll turn out to be a great signing. Also, the new pitch looks even better in real life than in photos, it's spectacular.

20. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we steal a point at home.... at least not a loss.. and at least we didnt give up the last minute goal...

will be interesting to see how we do this year!!!

21. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 to 0 loss at home??? ugh... gonna be a long long season im afraid

22. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    well i put Argyle aside for a few weeks, as things were getting so bad.

Well now after a 2 week rest since their last game Argyle get ready for Colchester away on saturday. Argyle will definately be without Summerfield, Fallon, Bolasie and maybe Fletcher due to injuries.
    Arnason will be back after his one game suspension, Bhasera should be back from his trip to Africa where he played the full 90 mins for Zimbabwe, Patterson is back after being a sub for N. Ireland but did not play and Mason after he played a total of 20 mins in 2 games for Rep of Ireland U21.
    This was the reason that Argyle's last game was postponed because they had 3 players on International duty.

23. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good to have you back OG.... thought you were "man overboard" of the good ship Argyle

24. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a win over the weekend... still a long way to go to get back into promotion speculation, but 3 points i will take!!!

25. Ottawa Green

Ottawa Green Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Ottawa
    Yes a very good win on saturday lets hope it is the start of a good run, we will see tomorrow night.
    Very interesting point was made that all 14 players used on saturday were all Argyle players, no loanees played. Also introduction of another youth player Jack Stephens a 16 year old who played last 10 mins of game.