Please post when (if) you ever get your refund

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by SoccerMomof2, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just checked my credit card statement online. Got all 5 refunds. The transaction date is 13 August. Quite a pleasant surprise.

Good luck to you all.

Edit: Actually, I got 5 out of 7 refunds. Still, this means that FIFA has actually started crediting the refunds. Finally.

2. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yes, me to. One out of 3 payments received.

3. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    Glad FIFA is finally returning the money.

Still 0 of 2 here though.

4. zxem

zxem New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    1 out of 3 refunded

5. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Got 1 out of 2 refunded. Just checked credit card balance today.
    The other one I was asked to provide my bank details for a wire transfer even though I made the transaction thru the "same" credit card but I bought the ticket in ZAR instead of USD. Is anyone in the same boat as me ?

I dont know if I should wait for the 2nd one to be refunded and ignore their email abt the bank transfer or should I provide them my bank acct details ?

6. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This was the email sent to me :-

The resale proceeds will be provided to you by way of the original payment method i.e. bank transfer, less any bank charges. If you have not already provided your bank details to enable the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre to initiate the refund please forward the following via return email:-

Beneficiary Name:
    Beneficiary Address:
    Beneficiary Bank Name:
    Beneficiary Bank Address:
    Bank Account Number:
    IBAN:
    SWIFT / BIC / Branch Code:

Please note once the resale proceeds are credited to your account, the conversion rates applicable for conversion into other currencies are dependent on the banks involved. Currency fluctuations may further reduce the amount of the resale proceeds.

7. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    the 3 tickets that you sold were bought using the same credit card and in the same ticket sale phase ?

8. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    OK, so somebody is actually going to have to look at the status of your refund and physically do something about it. In that case, I don't see any harm in emailing them to say that actually it was a card payment, but give them bank details in case they really can't refund your card for some reason. I'm assuming that you'll get less money back with a bank transfer, I could be wrong?

9. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    I think I've had maybe 6 out of 13 refunds so far. Hard to tell for sure because I haven't had e-mails for all of them (just basing it on the amount credited to my account). I trust everyone has started to receive theirs?

10. hammeruk

hammeruk Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    hey all. how have refunds (for html trick purchases) turned out? curious to know if fifa refunded payment made or actual ticket cost (if cheaper game)?

11. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The ticketing section in FIFA's web site is now open again.
    The message that they are calculating is gone and you can again see the "My Tickets" and "Summary" sections.

There are sums in the summary, but it differs from what it used to show.
    For TSTs it used to show the amount minus 20 USD. Now it's The amount minus 9.1% (the TST fee) minus 20 USD.

I have no idea if that's what I'll get or not. Didn't get any refund so far, and a few of them are due.

Did anyone get a refund for a TST ?

Anyway, refunds for regular games are just minus 20 USD, as expected.

12. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I haven't gotten a refund on my TST. I did get the 1st email but not the 2nd. I checked the FIFA account and my amount to refund did go down. It's about 90.2% of the cost I paid.

13. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well I used the trick to get Final tickets which I was able to claim while in South Africa. Didn't want to take any chances with that kinda 'complicated' refund.

14. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    OK, I didn't read the FIFA email properly, idiot. I've finally had a refund through, and it's for both of my resale requests (a couple of months apart), that were made against the same credit card.

15. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Received two e-mails so far for three resales, but no e-mail from my resold PMA tickets. No refunds yet. Five weeks, two days and counting.

16. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I received the first FIFA email (general statement), but not the second one confirming relsale. This was for 3 TST'S.

The 'My Tickets' section shows them as sold, less TST fee and $20 admin.
    No sign of this hitting my card yet though.
    All in all, I lost just over 10% of the original price due to rate fluctuation and fees. Providing I get it back!

Has anyone received the FIFA email for TST's, or indeed received the money back?

StanleyUK.

17. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    How did you get into the "my ticket" section?
    I managed to look at my ticket history @ fifa.com/2010, but when I am at that screen it asks me to click on "sell tickets".
    Don't want to risk my sold record in the database :p
    Thanks!

18. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Don't worry, all is cool!
    Click onto Sell Tickets, you will be asked to accept the T&C's, then you can view 'My Tickets' and 'Summary' just as during the tournament.
    Once in, it will show total refund due.

It won't tell you when you will get that refund though....!

StanleyUK

19. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Stanley!
    I am getting worried, because in the my ticket section,
    it lists my tickets as "tickets sold",
    but in my summary it lists my tickets as "tickets to resale"
    Hopefully FIFA wont screw me over

20. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No, that's just what it has always said for everyone.

21. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I received the following e-mail today. Note that it is for PMA tickets. Anyone else get this e-mail? Are you supposed to provide the credit card information by return e-mail? Obviously my credit card details were sufficiently in order when I was in South Africa as I was able to pick up the tickets. What's the deal?

Dear Jimbo,

We write further to your successful application for 2010 FIFA World CupTM South Africa Tickets, and note that you are now due a refund those Tickets submitted to the Ticket Resale Platform which were successfully resold.

Unfortunately the initial attempt to process your refund was unsuccessful, possibly due to invalid payment card details.

To enable the FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre (FWCTC) to process your refund, we will require the following Payment Card details (Visa or MasterCard only):

Credit Card Number (16 digit number):
    Expiry date on card (mm/yy):

Alternately you can provide the following Bank details:

Beneficiary Name:
    Beneficiary Address:
    Beneficiary Bank Name:
    Beneficiary Bank Address:
    Contact Telephone Number of Beneficiary Bank:
    IBAN:
    SWIFT:
    Account Number:
    Sort Code/Branch Number:

Should you prefer to provide details via the Telephone, please indicate this by return and a member of our team will contact you shortly.

Once the FWCTC has received the above details from you, we will endeavour to process your refund as soon as possible.

Please note that Administration fees and bank fees will also apply, for more information please consult the Ticket Transfer Policy via www.FIFA.com.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards,

2010FWCTC
    FIFA WORLD CUP™ TICKETING CENTRE
    MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS TICKETING TEAM
    PMA GENERAL PUBLIC SUPPORT

FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre | PO Box 4928 | Cresta 2118 | South Africa | www.FIFA.com | PMA-Supporters@2010fwctc.com
    Operated by MATCH Event Services (Pty) Limited (Company Registration Number: 2006/003884/07)

2010 FIFA World CupTM Ticketing Centre (FWCTC), PO Box 4928, Cresta, 2118, South Africa operated by MATCH Event Services (Pty) Limited (Company Registration Number: 2006/003884/07)

22. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    your lucky you got that.. i still haven't gotten a refund after that email on august 6th saying that it will be processed in a week. i sent two emails with no reply in the last 5 days.

23. abcde123

abcde123 New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Same here, here's to hoping they refunded me but it hasn't shown up on my CC yet.

24. triplesevn

triplesevn New Member

Jun 27, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should all know by now that only FIFA can break their own written contractual agreements about no later then 4 weeks.

I think since they took a loss on this World Cup financially, they are accruing interest on our money as long as they can, I just simple don't know what else it could be other than incompetence.

I have sent them email after email and nothing. I've called but to no avail. Only thing I've received is the email telling me with in a week, only problem is that it has now been over 2 weeks.

This penalty is crap! Many are already taking a penalty by having to pay interest to the banks/card as well as lose interest on the money as it is and than FIFA is gonna take their penalty too after reselling the tickets. Only FIFA. Nobody to complain too, nothing we can do. It sucks being helpless at this point. We are all paying double the penalty! For what? A little package they sent to us in advance that most likely sponsors paid for anyways?
    My tickets resold in MAY!!! Damittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

25. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Dunno.
    I suppose you could ask your bank if they've seen anything at their end, or know what might have gone wrong?