Playoffs Game 1: RSL at Seattle, 8:30 MDT, Fri. 2 November 2012

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Oct 29, 2012.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The following is a quote from a Moderator on Seattle's thread, if this is not proof of how idiotic the Seattle fan base is I do not know. His following posts are as bad or worse, what a dick. And to think this dick is who BigSoccer has appointed to keep threads civil.

Quote:
    "Man... You RSL fans are a bunch of whiny bitches aren't you? Seriously, go back to your forum and suck your little baby thumbs there. If I see another little girl come over here to cry about how mean the big ole Sounders fans were to poor, innocent little Rimando, I'm dropping the hammer on them. Sheesh."

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a 'complain about moderators' forum on BS?

3. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's their own little asylum where even the guards are idiots. Don't worry about it.

4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm shocked you guys are surprised by this, Seattle fans are absolute DOUCHE BAGS.

15 to 32 repped this.
  5. ReAl Football Fan

May 2, 2005
    Ogden, Ut
    What is the purpose of posting on another team's site?

Allez RSL repped this.
  6. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    W
    Why not? I personally enjoy seeing fans from our opponents share some insights on our threads, no harm if dialog is civil.

TheBiff and guelch27 repped this.
  7. ReAl Football Fan

May 2, 2005
    Ogden, Ut
    Unfortunately, that isn't often the case.

8. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I would argue that most posts by visitors to other teams threads are civil and respectful. Yes their are exceptions but personally as much as I enjoy posts by 15, Up, and other regulars on this side, I do like hearing some opposing views from respectful visitors.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just remember that next time someone comes here and gives an opinion we disagree with. You can't expect others to be respectful if you aren't yourself.

Note: I'm not saying we aren't respectful to visitors, just saying to take the lesson from this thing instead of turning it into another "******** seattle" thing. There are plenty of other moments for that, believe me

ReAl Football Fan repped this.
  10. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a much more exciting game than the last one we played against Shittle....yeah, we still had problems finishing, but we went forward so much better...cut down the useless possession and what about Nicky! The man showed what a true warrior and leader he is! I'm too excited about Thursday to moan about the booing! Time to put on the hot sauce here at the Riot!

11. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Okay. Rimando was an absolute beast on Friday, and RSL is a very organized and well-coached team. Several other opportunities smartly taken for running out the clock were booed before and after Rimando's injury.

I am sorry for booing Rimando for the first few moments he was down.

As is standard practice (pretty sure it's policy) in Seattle, there were no close-ups or replays of any fouls, injuries, or controversial plays on the screens in the stadium. Very few people in the stands knew the nature of Rimando's injury. I didn't until I got home. CenturyLink a big, not particularly intimate stadium and nobody behind the goal in the Brougham End or in the North half could see anything amiss, just a player down and trainers and stretcher-bearers strolling up with little apparent urgency.

Allez RSL, Sabra and georg repped this.