Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A team or not, Argentina played the tournament following the same rule, only 3 players above 23 years old.. so I dont see any point at pointing that Argentina using A team and other team not.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NP9eBw_eAs"]YouTube- Ezequiel Ivan Lavezzi - Australia vs Argentina[/ame]
    Seeing a goal like this, its clearly typical Riquelme's game instead of Batista

2. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    God, I forgot how it was when we played great football. What a goal!

3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Aah.....that is magic and we are more than capable of repeating the dose.:)

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What was asked some pages back, to qualify to the Olympic Games we must finish between the top two of the U20 qualifiers, last time in 2007 we qualified in the last minute with a goal of Lautaro Acosta, we were qualified to the World Cup either way.

5. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, well at least he was smart enough to pick the right players and put them in the right positions. They just did the rest. Wow that was a good goal.

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The previous U20 was promising and for multiple reasons failed to deliver. But i don't know why there's a focus on the U20 success or failures, and nothing on the U17 when historically has been a disaster yet the same kids at U20 were successful and the last run of the U17 wasn't that bad to what it has been historically.

The pretense these days seem to be the contrary, that the changes need to come from the bottom, as usual based on nothing.

Sorin was the only that succeed from his generation, all the others vanished, also you can't expect players like Messi he's a one-wonder, like Maradona or Batistuta, and now let's not pretend that when Batistuta playerd there were dozens like him, no he was the only Batistuta. And Aimar and Saviola never did much for the national team either way. Also "there doesn't seem to be any organization"? Based on what?

Also guys, for one let's not forget that if there're players or not the clubs commitment to the national team leaves much to be desired.

7. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    also the generations that won in 2005 and 2007 are far from finished.

neither is the tevez/mascherano group that will still only be 30 in 2014.

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And also there're players that win but are completely forgotten, for example Mauro Cetto in 2001, a right back that never been on the radar, he has played in France since 2002, today he's the captain of Toulouse.

When Heinze was going to be called for the first time by Bielsa there were talks that he was going to be called too, it never happened however.

Further of what i said before, did you know? in 1983 and 1985 we didn't qualify to the U20 world cups either, nor in 1993.

9. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Based on the fact that ever since Pekerman and Tocalli left our youth teams have delivered fracaso after fracaso?

So you don't think there's a lack of talent? A lack of that special something we seemed to have in abundance the past 2 decades? It doesn't really matter if players like Aimar and Saviola never got off in the NT, the fact is that they were players that were so far ahead of their respective peers and that you knew were different.
    We don't seem to have/produce that anymore. Or maybe I'm picky.

10. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    It's the potrero flair that's disappearing, at least, it has became much scarcer.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea, players like Pastore, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria & Messi are still only 25-26 in 2010, they still have 2 world cups at least. I've said and I'll say it again, the current generation needs to win Copa America to boost their mental strength.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True but Diego, the key player in 86 & 90 won the 1979 youth cup. I think Calderon who played in 90 world cup also part of that 79 youth team.
    So the 2005 & 2007 generation are far from finish, 2 copa + 2 world cup or even confederation, they still could get something... hopefully.

13. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea the important player who should have been there from the 1979 youth team was ramon diaz. had he been there, we would have had an actually striker and a chance of beating germany without cani

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have a shed load of telent, Pastore, Banega, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuan, Masch, that is enough to form the basis of a pretty good team. Where we are short of genuine world class talent is defence.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well, you're right but some people still fail to see that and still blaming the strikers for being not good enough in NT colour.

Argentina scored no less than 10 goals in last 2 world cups despite reaching only QF, they scored 16 goals in last CA. Attacking is never the main problem, if they struggle to score against strong side at least the defense should prevent opponent from scoring, but when you let opponent to score 3 or 4 goals then it's more defending problem than attacking.

16. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only failure since they left was in the U20 qualifier in 2009 and that's the only failure so far even with the "abundance" you mention of two decades ago there were similar results in the youths, and just because of that it doesn't mean that these are bad, plus two decades ago the youths were a disaster like i said before. The notion that there's somebody above the rest is what makes difficult to shape a team afterwards.

Yes, but with the failure it was in the early/mid 80's we didn't do that bad in the late 80's and early 90's, did we? And it's possible we won't win anything either since neither the 1979, generation, nor the 95-97 ones won anything, nor the 2001 ones.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, 79 generation didnt win anything except Diego himself... 95-01 generation failed but like I said the 05-07 generation are far from over, still have 2 world cups, 2-3 copa CA to play. if by 2018 Argentina fail to win a single thropy that means only one single player from youth winning side that manage to win senior thropy, ironically.

But I think players like Cambiasso & Riquelme still had a chance. That's why I think the next year CA would be crucial for Argentina.

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That and for whatever reason the eyes are centered on the U20 and not in the U17, which historically have been bad except for some good performances here and there, but players that failed to qualify to U17 World Cups later won them in the U20(like it happened in the 2005-2007 period).

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Players are still too green at U17, cant really judge anything at that age... maybe players like Maradona or Messi you could spot their talent since 4-5 years old but that's not the case in general.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Possibly, but i think that it has been somewhat a historical deficit that the U17s always end up underperforming, the last bunch looked promising and were unlucky to not advance further on the World Cup, but still couldn't go much further.

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina youth side produced lots of talented midfielders and strikers... Riquelme, Aimar, Saviola, Cambiasso, Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Sorin, Di Maria, etc etc but speaking of quality defender and goalkeeper?

What worse in recent years is they didnt produce world class playmaker like Riquelme and Aimar (before he became injury prone). It's crazy to thing that Argentina back to using Veron in last 2 years. I really hope Pastore can become the next playmaker for Argentina.

22. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yet Pastore couldn't do anything at the youth national teams because Huracán didn't want to allow it, that's another problem, yet not a new one. Also players that fell off the radar, for example from Qatar '95, Sorín was the only one who got to play for the adults later on regularly, the rest pretty much dissappeared.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know, I've been wondering a bit... few years ago Messi was asked about the squad he would pick if he could have a dream/fantasy team... He named most of his teammate from the world you cup team... why? I think chemistry within the players is the most important thing to him. Just look at the Spanish squads that came from Barcelona youth system.

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    However, his teammates were from variated clubs, in 2005 the one that provided the most players was Racing with 4. In Spain i don't know, maybe most of the clubs aren't doing a good job developing players or Barcelona is notably above the rest doing that, so the majority end up being from Barcelona.

25. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wasn't Ayala on that side too?