Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks, at least is will prep some of the boys for the tourney in Peru in Jan. Qualification for 2011 in Colombia wont be that simple since Colombia get an automatic bid, only 4 teams can qualify. So nothing can be taken for granted.

2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Important that we do qualify as well after the last debacle.

Good to hear the kids played solidly in defence. Any more details please ?

As for England I'd keep eyes on just three players Rodwell of Everton, Wilshere of Arsenal and McEachran of Chelsea. A couple of the Manchester United kids James for instance may be worth watching.

The rest are middling to poor. As Leon says the tabloids love to talk up the England team here .It seems now that bubble has been well and truly burst though in the eyes of the public at large.

Who cares anyway one less competitor to worry about. ;)

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sadly, over the last 20 years we are only competitors with England to see who wil get knocked out at the quarter final stage first. :(

4. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Well aside the defense, i saw nothing calling my attention unfortunately... :(

As i said, it was a borefest watching this side as they lacked weight in offense. (so, as a consequence, they create very few chances) Though, it has to be remembered a good amount of these players werent the first choice.

Esteban Andrada (Lanus, goalkeeper)
    German Pezzela (River, CB)
    Hugo Nervo (Arsenal de Sarandi, CB)
    Michael Hoyos (Estudiantes, midfielder)

For me, they are the ones who seem to have a future in professional football.

5. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I guess we can forget about Pareja. He just signed a contract with Spartak Moscow for 4 years. He won the lottery though :(

He'll play in the Champions League next year, so that's a step up but players in the Russian league always get overlooked when it comes to playing for the NT.

I guess the price Espanyol asked for him was too much for most Spanish teams.

6. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    lolz!

Well chau Nico.
    When the players go to a such league, it's over period.
    Looks like we will have to stick with Demichelis.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From the guys that played lately, i would include, Tagliafico, Zuculini and Viola.

In the other hand i think it should be debated what's the importance of the youth national team coaches, because ultimately the clubs are the ones that develop them, while the national team ones may be important, they may not be the most important ones.

8. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks Andrés and msi2. Promising regarding Tagliafico one of those much needed fullbacks.

9. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Obviously, that's my pov but i thought Tagliafico was nothing special imo. :confused:
    As for Bruno Zuculini, it was said he was better than his brother, but i didnt see anything leading to that up until now.
    Finally Viola, well... poor kid, he was alone in the front, not easy at all. :(

EDIT;

I have a question for you andrès, are we already qualified for the Olympic Games in 2012?

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, I think that will be determined in Peru in January. In 2007 we took away a spot from Uruguay. It was a last second goal that got us in for 2008 Olympics. I think it determines who goes to the U-20 WC as well as the Olympics. Top 2 teams go to the Olympics and top 4(But I believe if Colombia finishes top 4, the 5th place team will get in) will go to U-20's in 2011. But it seems that Colombia will be active in the U-20 qualifications (Peru 2011 U-20,South American Championships) which they are hosting and are in. I guess they are competing for an Olympic spot.

11. Avicenna

Avicenna New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I like Rodwell. He was CB in youth/reserves teams his whole career but has done very well as a DM/CM.

This McEachran boy looks good too. England might finally have a midfield that can keep the ball and pass.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNcQcjslOI&feature=related"]YouTube- Josh McEachran v Czech Republic[/ame]

12. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    this is not an england thread, so with all do respect take it else where.

in other news, we play colombia tonight the paraguay tournament final so i hope we can pull this out and build confidence for the real tournament in january

13. Avicenna

Avicenna New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm not English and I didn't mention those players first. I saw Albiceleste2010's post and looked up McEachran as I have never seen him before. Video was just to show what I saw of him.

Sorry if I offended.:cool:

14. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i wasn't offended, just don't want to turn it into an english discussion, especially when our kids have a final tonight.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And especially when all an English player has to do to be hailed as the greatest thing sliced bread if have to decent games out of every 45. ;)

16. Avicenna

Avicenna New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    No problem. Good luck on the final.:cool:

17. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Argentina lost to Colombia 1-0 in the final of the tournament.

I think i will put a comment taken from Olé's website that sums it up my thought after having seen most of the game:

:D:eek:

18. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bilardo OUT!!! NO ganaste nada, te lo dio todo Diego!

Pekerman NEEDS to return to Secretario de Selecciones.

Batista once he found out that Diego was out, started walking around with his head up his ass. So much for wanting to work every day and stay with the Sub20. That's why he's lost points with me. He really thinks that he is going to get the Seleccion job.

If he chooses to abandon the pibes, what could happen in the future? Grondona has stopped caring about soccer, or rather winning. If anything he just wants the pibes just to somewhat shine, because I'm sure he gets a cut from transfer fees and what not!

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Problem is that when we used to win everything at youth level it didn't make any difference to how the senior team did at the world cup. I can't help feeling that there needs to be a major restructure in the AFA, you can play musical chairs with the managers role, but that makes little difference, you have to start at the top.

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed. Disappointing for them to lose but they are minus several of the first choices. Still.

Batista has not made that great a sucess of the u20's so I would see him only as a #2 at best.

21. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    It's true the potrero-type of player is really disappearing... I mean, among the offensive players, none of them could make differences by dribbling, none. No desequilibro, nada de nada.

22. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, success also very much depends on the material you have at hand. Maybe the current Sub20 generation is not good enough. He may do very well with the major players, as he has already shown during Olympics.

I don't understand the rush to find a replacement. Why don't we let Batista handle it for the coming friendlies and if he does well, then we support him at least till Copa America.

23. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Do you think he did that well in the Olympic Games? Or maybe the opposition was lackluster? I would be very cautious with the result in the OG considering we were playing with almost our A team against the other opponents... imo, Batista is a burro and not up to the task.

24. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    It's disheartening, where are the Riquelmes, Aimars, Saviolas, Sorins, Messis, etc... Apart from the fact that there doesn't seem to be any organisation what so ever at the youth levels anymore, I think there's also a genuine lack of world class talent.

Future looks bleak IMO.

25. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know how much the poor opposition was the reason. Fact is Brazil had a pretty good team and really wanted to win it, and we beat them fair and square.

More than the results, I was impressed by how he allowed Messi to shine. I thought he had his team right and only needed a few adjustments here and there to compete at senior level.