Players Of The Future?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Benson7

Benson7 New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Oh yeahhhh! Forgot about that! Still, Lucas Trecarichi is a beast!

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching the game and Hoyos looks impressive. Scored a goal and has a lot of flair to his game. Did a search on him and seems he was born and raised in the states. The US tried to get their hands on him as well but I guess it did not pan out :D.

4. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Interesting first-half, boring second-half... at least the team was compact in defensive phase, but really lacked presence in offensive phases.

5. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    We can sit here and talk about the players of the future all we want the way i see it is the best player in the world called Leo Messi with a good coach and we ave ourselves a couple of trophies.

I guarantee you all Brazil are shitting bricks right now and is anyone here other than me feel happy about Diego quitting? you all seem boring! start partying we actually have a freakin chance in 2014

Messi, Di Maria, Higuain, Pastore, Banega, Lavezzi, Sabella or Simeone or Batista whoever its gonna be a fun ride this time around.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just want to talk about some different rather then the same topic that has been going on for the past 24 hours and last 2 years. I just like to see how some of boys will progress for the future. Remember Leo was a part of this youth system.

But I agree, I think the world took a massive gulp when they heard Diego is no longer in charge. They are thinking ahhhh crap! Oh now I can not wait till we got our hands on Spain! This is for Spain when they arrive in Baires!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6SDIpETcgE"]YouTube- Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle - Lyrics[/ame]

7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D

Or this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdBw3SG5io"]YouTube- Metallica - Seek & Destroy[/ame]

Even Leo will have to hang up his boots someday and we must see the continual evolution of the team. It is true many national team associations will be disappointed now that we have dispensed with Diego but at the same time a wise choice now needs to be made.

I did not see the game. efernandez9 kindly posted up the squad list.

How did Tagliafico do ? Hoyos is a big presence in midfield and his kid brothre is a decent striker in the juniors at Estudiantes as well and no doubt there will be a fight over him between the US Federation and AFA.

Well done to the kid for choosing his country of parentage and declining the US offer from their u20's. No doubt having Veron as a mentor and travelling to the WC helped.

That said with the new ridiculous FIFA rules if we don't cap him at senior level he can still play for the US.

More information from msi2 would be welcome. :)

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tagliafico had good runs made a couple of dangerous fouls but overall he was good. Let's see if finally he can get some playtime at Banfield...
    I liked Valentin Viola too a lot of hard-work. Nervo was fine, he needs to improve his ball control a bit.
    Too bad we couldn't see much from Villafañe.

Let's see if from now on Batista doesn't have to deal with picking back up players because clubs didn't want to release the players, because in fact there were some missing players here.:mad:

1 person likes this.
  9. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many thanks for that information Andres. :) I think some of the Boca contingent were on tour which is why they were not selected. However I agree with you u20 selection is more of a priority than the club.

10. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Hm, thats debatable really...

11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When they are called up then the seleccion should take priority especially if they are being earmarked as future NT material.

Here in England the u20 sides are seen as a joke by clubs so for next years u20 WC in Colombia none of the current side will go because the clubs will not release them.

And this despite many will be playing reserve team football. So long as the u20 players are getting gametime with their clubs as well a call up to the u20 is equally vital.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The current Spanish under 19 team are astonishingly good, where as the England under 19 team show the same characteristics as the senior side, a complete inability to pass the ball or keep hold of posession.

Lets hope one or two Argentine youngsters come through and shine over the next couple of years. Haven't heard much about Erk Lamela lately but would be good if lives up to the hype.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well Lamela has not been getting a chance to play with the first team at all during the preseason.

however, another kid named Manuel Lanzini has been playing a lot and looking really good. the kid is just 17 and is one for the future without a doubt, but he should get playing this coming season too he can play as an enganche and has some incredible skills

i wouldn't worry about spain, chill out. our youth teams have been running over everyone since the mid 90's. it hasn't translated to a senior trophy, but i still have hope. that and our best players will be entering their primes in 2014

all these young kids coming through is all well and good, but we are set up front forever as far as i can see

we need to develop a few goalkeepers and defenders

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Thanks for that, I'll look out for Manuel Lanzini.

Spain are on a roll at the moment, european champions, world champions and producing talented youngsters by the bundle, some of the displays by their under 19 team have been breathtaking and I gather they have a very good under 17 team as well. As you say this does not necessarily translate into domination at senior level, but at the moment I don't think we can deny that the force is very much with them.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    that's it

Argentina doesnt have balance between striker and defender quality
    since 90 Argentina strikers has been winning golden boots in Copa america, Olympic, World youth cup, Serie A, La liga and last 2 seasons in champions league. But the most outstanding defender they have since 90? Zanetti, that was it, I cant consider Ayala, Samuel etc being on the same level with Cannavaro, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio, Puyol etc.. and finally, the GK... I think most of them are a joke, or maybe all.

You're right that lots of Argentina squad right now will be in their peak period starting from now till 2018... players like Di Maria, Pastore, Aguero, Messi, Higuain are at the same age like Maradona in 82 or Ronaldo in 98. That said, with Diego finally out from his position Im looking forward to next year Copa at Argentina's home.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah Lanzini the new Messi..................;) Lamela deserves to have more game time.

As for young defenders we have Ansaldi for the left back berth and Angeleri to maraud the right and several young promising candidates for the centre back spots with great potential.

I just hope they get their chance and by dint of performance in Europe force their way in.

No more Insua for leftback please everyone .He is a liability at present defensively.

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Canalles was out of this world and even the right back had better ball skills than anyone in the England side.

England are going to be in the wilderness for a long, long time........ :p

Spain on the other hand........

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

As you will know the English tabloids, especially The S*n, having been heaping abuse on Capello since their world cup exit. In particular they have been slagging him off for not attending the England under 19 games, if he had attended he would have learned that the England Under 19 side are crap. Which I'm sure would have cheered him right up.:D

19. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    icadi, Insua are those that pop up in mind.

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D

That Alcantara was pretty handy too no wonder the Brazilian FA were after him to play for them.

Capello is living the life of reilly. £6M per annum which means he can spend some more on his art collection and have the best seats in the house from La Scala to Drottningholm. :p

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, they do have that one DM from Everton, who I think was better at age 16 than anything England's has had at the top level for at least the past decade.

I know, not saying much. But he's pretty good, isn't he?

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem with any English player in the premiership (and doubly so if they are young) is that if you have 2 half decent games you will be hailed as the geatest thing since the last over hyped English player. When you read that Aston Villa want, and may get, £30 million pounds for James Milner, a decent, but unspectacular midfielder, then that tells you all you need to know about the EPL and why most premiership clubs prefer to buy oversees players.

23. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Second game for Argentina against Mexico, ended 0-0.
    What a borefest again...at least this albiceleste side has a solid defense.
    They are in the final of the tournament.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Glad I missed it then. Who do we face off, Colombia?

25. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We play Colombia in the final, on Saturday. Brazil lost 2-1 to Paraguay.