Players Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    what was the issue with Vagner Loove? why did he go back and forth from moscow to palmeiras and back?

3. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
    Nostalgia for Copacabana:D
    CSKA gave him naked to rent in Palmeiras and Flamengo, but he has a contract until 2014.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    CSKA were thinking about selling him..so they wanted him back...but sure enough, Vagner Love was amazing along side Adriano at Flamengo and it warranted his return to CSKA.

5. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Supposedly some family problems needed his presence in Brazil, so CSKA have loaned him to Palmeiras and then to Flamengo.

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thanks - now that you mention it - i recall there were some family issues with him.

good to know.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For all you people thinking Ronaldinho did not belong on our national team even with his peformances at AC Milan leading to the cup, I hope you watched Milan's first game at Champion's league. Pure brilliance. There is no doubt Ronaldinho would have made a difference in SA. Difficul to understand how people can be so blind.

8. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I think the 2010 WC would have ended differently if Ronaldinho and Pato were in the team, AND Kaka was not in the team. Kaka was not fully recovered for the cup...

For all the 4 years of "preparation" for the cup, Dunga just tried this and that - remember Afonso Alves, Vagner Love, Sobis, Hulk, etc etc etc...

I think the various victories in those 4 years provided a distorted view of our strengths and weaknesses.. example - the winner, Spain, thought hard after they lost to the USA in Confed Cup... they were able to solve their own problems, while we just slept through, thinking we were "perfect"...

We got distracted by the 2 friendlies against Italy and Portugal.

It is not a good thing to be optimistic immediately before a world cup!
    remember Colombia 1994.

9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    spain is a bad example to use:
    1. they didn't have andres iniesta for the confed cup
    2. they didn't use sergio busquets enough in the confed cup (or he wasn't ready at that time)
    3. there was no marcos senna in the confed cup as DM like there was in the Euro 2008

yes - kaka was not fully fit for the world cup and dunga didn't experiment with proper options such as carlos eduardo or ganso - i find it hard to believe dunga was fully aware of kaka's injuries and problems going into the WC a midfield general who was injured...there must be more to that issue than we know...

ronaldinho's form at the beginning of the new season 3 months after june doesn't imply anything about what could have happened in june. theo walcott has been on fire this season (before his current injury) - that doesn't mean he should have been on the england team for the world cup

we talked about this a million times already; ronaldinho was ineffective under dunga and even worse was the fact that he was an ineffective leader during the olympics which he was more focused on partying in the olympic village than winning. his off-field antics and lack of focus the last couple of years is not what dunga or the rest of the team needed. just because ronaldinho had a few good games last year against siena and catalania and some other Serie A minnows don't mean he was ready for the NT. especially when robinho was the man at the LF role and nilmar was proven to be effective on the NT in the limited time dunga gave him.

pato - injured at the end of serie A prior to the world cup and apparently got into heated discussions with dunga -which you don't do as a 21 year old on the NT when you're only just scratching the surface with the NT; especially to a former captain of a WC winning team - right or wrong - pato's attitude with dunga cost him a lot. other than pato's first 2 or 3 games for dunga, was ineffective for the NT and other players like nilmar stepped up.

what brasil's 2010 world cup came down to was simply their bad 2nd half against holland and not having ramires/elano as options. losing elano was a huge loss - i rate him very high for the NT - i'm surprised not as many people valued him on the NT as much as i did - if you look at his games closely - he was integral to so many goals scored. nobody highlights that enough. not having ramires was a big loss too - could dunga have played ramires less to avoid those cards accumulating? yes, but the loss of elano i think gave dunga less sub options in that chile game.

everything else in in the world cup for the brasil went fine - the group stage was on won by brasil without a problem and they beat chile convincingly. it's really just a bad 2nd half against holland. the mistakes melo and cesar made can't afford to happen to a team like holland.

there is no shame in losing to holland - people can't seem to get over the fact that holland is a world class team...

11. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Thank you for your insights- I was just like the guy who keeps playing the game inside his head over and over, thinking, how could we win??? LOL

You are right - Holland just played better!

Lets hope the next cup will be ours to keep, in Rio!

12. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Luiz Gustavo finally scored his first Hoffenheim goal against Kaiserlautern. I want him so badly playing with Jucilei. :eek:

Diego (Wolfsburg) scored the first goal for Wolfsburg win.

13. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    okay, the Diego Goal was quite nice,
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVircrZewk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlVircrZewk[/ame]

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    believe me, i shed a tear for you guys after the holland game - and i'm not even brasilian....

the future looks bright!

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Todays, Milan game highlight exactly why Dunga didn't bother to take him to S. Africa. It reminded of so many of his games for us. A few weeks ago I said I wouldn't mind if Ronaldinho return as long as he played like he did against Leece. Fast forward to today and it the same predictable shit with Ronaldinho. Walking around the pitch, playing like he couldn't be bothered, complaining when the defenders did nothing wrong and my personal favorite hanging out on the left wing spraying diagonal balls to either nobody or opposition defenders.

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well DUH!!!!!

The problem is Dinho is not consistent!!! EVER! Everybody highlights his best moments but don't bother to look at his worst moments. smh

if I put a compilation of his poor moments of one game together...it would atleast be 4-5 minutes long.

17. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I agree, he not very consistent but that not really my issue with him. Players are human beings and are expected to have bad games here and there but no giving a damn piss me off. His workrate is a disgrace for a professional footballer. His team is down a goal and he is still playing like it a friendly. No urgency, No motivation.

18. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  19. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Ronaldinho has had a bad match, just that one pass was good.

20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Luiz Adriano hat-trick.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNnnS7RFO9c"]YouTube - shd-kkr_2half.avi[/ame]

22. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGjLrUSlX0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGjLrUSlX0[/ame]

23. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Wesley (former Santos) giving winner asist for Bremen, 3-2 victory,
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQ5OZnFn5k"]YouTube - Werder Bremen-Hamburg 3-2 Almeida HD 25.09.2010[/ame]

24. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva
  25. Rusich

Rusich New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Spartak Moskva