Players Abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Just as I posted this, Rafael gets subbed in the 30th minute after a terrible start, and Anderson subbed before halftime with a hamstring injury. Should be out until 2013. Thats Andersons MUFC career in a nutshell though. Came injured from Porto, got fit, had one good intro season. After that, its play well for the first third of the season, get injured. Missed most of the rest of the season. If he does come back b4 the crunch period at the end, he rarely gets used since the importance of the games is magnified and there's no way the club will play him into shape/form in such a key period.

Its a shame because he had started the season better than he ever has, despite not being in the best of shape.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

Unless you wanted Brazil to win gold at the Olympics, in which case he was very hard to love, especially in the final.

3. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    :oops:

He was pretty decent in the tournament, and he's been a beast in the EPL this season. Like majority fullbacks who are good at attacking he has some moments defensively, but he's done really well for a young Brazilian at a big club.

Besides, Mexico has the NT's number at the moment. Cant shake em.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How did you feel about his substitution vs Reading?

5. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    At first I thought it was harsh, but knowing Rafael, it was the right move. Like the commentator said, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He's no different from Dani Alves.

7. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    danilo from porto is a better right back than rafael by a mile

[]__[]

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just a update on juan jesus, he has done very well over the past couple of weeks earning a solid starter position in inter's 3 man backline
    at the begginig of the season I thought maybe he would get rotated for EL and coppa games but he has managed to perform when needed to(milan and juve derbies come to mind) and put himself above silvestre and chivu
    even though he isn't spectacular he does very little wrong in defense, covers well and has an eye for long passes

on another note coutinho has been hot and cold, cassano has kept him on the bench for this season but he still has had plenty of starts in EL to show what he can do unfortunately he has only shown brief periods of good link up play/vision/shooting and still lacks power in his shots
    with sneijder's absence he should have gotten more time but our coach still hasn't given him the reigns for that role, he's mostly a second striker or wide forward and mainly a sub for league games

9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Samora, random thought/story about your sig note. I just left an interview in midtown manhattan when I walked by a little square/park were NBC had a huge screen on the side of a building showing that US/Canada game. I grabbed a seat in the crowd at the start of the 2nd half and it was one the best experiences I had watching any sporting event. The entire street was going nuts.

Samora repped this.
  10. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  11. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    that's 9 brasilian playing for shaktar

[]__[]

12. tollemon

tollemon New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lucas debut for PSG was a success. Paris failed to win with one man short but according to some PSG friends of mine he was one of (if not) the best PSG player on the field. That's pretty good for a debut after being off the pitch for 3 weeks in midwinter! :p

www.brazilfordummies.net

13. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Someone can tell me about Coutinho?
    The decreased level of Calcio and I stopped watching ...

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, had not seen! Thanks! ;)
    Coutinho is very talented, very skilled ... your exit of Brazil so early was a mistake.

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho has been hurt that's why he hasnt gotten as many games lately. But inter new coach Andrea Stramaccioni believes in him and has given him a lot of minutes when he's been healthy.

[]__[]

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the last month or so yeah, strama believes in him cause he's part of the project inter is trying to put together but he still has only given him 3 starts in leauge, 1 in EL and has used him more as a sub(8x) and only towards the last 25-20mins of the game for the tired cassano/milito
    and now we've added rocchi so thats another player to compete against: milito, cassano, palacio, livaja, rocchi, if he stays healthy he'll be utilized more so in the cup and EL

18. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nice article for Sandro

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8400337/In-praise-of-Sandro

19. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great goal by Oscar today. Hopefully Chelsea hires a manager that stands a chance of sticking around. Oscar should evolve more by next season going into the WC.

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I guess everyone is tired of commenting on how poor a defender is. I don't blame anyone though. Id just like to ask if it was he who let Ribery get behind him on that Pique OG?

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alves? I think so.

And you are right. There's no point. People don't want to believe he has declined either. Meanwhile, Rafael put in a good season for Man Utd and was arguably the EPL's best right back along with Zabaleta. Rafael is just going to continue to improve till 2014 and we know what we are getting from Alves...

benni... repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I thought Bartra was defending the right while Alves just offered support?