Player spotting [7] - all pics of players in new boots/gear here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

noon-bob come on be realistic that was 6 nearly 7 years ago!! zz's peak has come and go. his old now. still got crazy skills and footballing brain but the older u get the less agile you become fact. messi and ronaldo run things and for a good reason they are technically and physically monsters. the game has sped up drastically since 2006. also the international game is much slower than domestic leagues. look at how much faster the la liga is nowadays.

zz also wasnt having the best of seasons with Madrid that season as well. i went to see the el clasico that year in the nou camp and didnt even realise zz was on the pitch. ronaldinho, eto and larsson was amazing!

2. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    If you say that Messi and Ronaldo are monsters of technique then Zidane is a god of it.

GUNT22 repped this.
  3. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    people he's clearly trolling us...

4. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he prob is i give up his entitled to his fairyland opinion lol

5. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I see noob-bob hasn't changed.

JonIsAnOwl and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  6. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    tilburysoccer and soulstar89 repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Retro - loved the look of those boots but the control element was waaaaaay too thick on those!

appleCORR

8. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    very interesting spot. hulk who normally sports the mizuno morelia neo is in mixed outsole morelia wave. He stated he doesnt like bladed studs.

[​IMG]

9. jeremy2912

jeremy2912 Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Brussels
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  10. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. lakelui

lakelui Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^Don't forget the thumbholes.

I tried finding one in the summer with no luck.

12. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    The dude is right about Zidane tho, either he or fat Ronaldo are the best in my lifetime (32) so far. Messi and CR both could eclipse them but need to do it in the World Cups. Watching Zidane was like watching footballing art unfold in front of you. Superb player. So, Saviola in white out adipures.

[​IMG]

13. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Darren Pratley in proper Puma Kings:
    [​IMG]

14. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The World Cup is the worst marker for all-time great status that one can argue from. In the modern age it is an irrelevant topic. Sustained individual and team greatness at the club level is much more indicative of overall greatness than a good World Cup. For example do you know who Toto Schillaci is without Google? Doubtful. He had a great World Cup in 1990, but the rest of his career was average. Sort of an inverse Messi.

Zidane's 98 World Cup wasn't even that "great", per se. History applies rose tinted specs. Sure he got a couple headers in the final, but he didn't exactly set the stage on fire before that. I love Zidane, but I think Messi surely passes him at this point. Fat Ronaldo could have been, should have been, would have been.....injuries robbed us of that privilege.

robben_sneijder and soulstar89 repped this.
  15. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The World Cup arguement doesn't wash with me either, what if you had a player as good as Messi that had been born into a country with a terrible footballing pedigree? They'd have no chance of doing anything at international level, never mind in a World Cup, if they were stuck playing for someone like Luxembourg. Then again playing for someone with as rich a heritage and depth of talent as Argentina isn't really helping Messi as the powers that be keeping appointing some terrible managers.

Maradonna was a joke in charge and didn't they spend the last World Cup with Jonas Guiterrez, Newcastle's left midfielder, playing right back the whole tournament? Inspired management! No wonder Messi doesn't flourish in that team.

16. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the pics doesn't works for me...:(

17. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While my opinion would lean toward Zidane over Messi, I'll agree with JC and Mark that world cup performance should not be a huge determining factor in how a player is rated. And to hit on the point that Mark made one of my favorite players was George Weah, who's list of credentials is pretty extensive (including FIFA player of the year), played for Liberia (not only did he play but he practically financed the entire national team himself). They never made it into the world cup and were constantly the whipping boys of African teams. A great player who just happened to come from a country where their football team did not match up with his ability.

18. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    A great man once said "Only fools debate over opinions", that great man was me.

jeremy2912 and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  19. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    There are some footballers that never will/would win the WC, simply because the rest of their national team is poor. Shevchenko, Vucinic, Zlatan etc.

20. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Johan Cruyff never won a World Cup, heck he didn't even play in the '78 world cup due to threats. Yet he's considered one of the greatest of all time. World Cup arguement = invalid.

soulstar89 repped this.
  21. thetodd

thetodd New Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lukaku in mviii
    [​IMG]

22. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    just like Zico...

23. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That other guy in the picture has a pair of WI2. They match his kit perfectly.

24. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You can't qualify any argument based on opinion as invalid. Someone said Messi was poor at the World Cup owing to poor management and owing to the fact that he was playing with players inferior to those at Barcelona. If that is the case, then you imply that if he wasn't at Barcelona he wouldn't be that good, but I tend to believe he'd be great anywhere.

The World Cup is still the absolute pinnacle of football. International football is the only form of the game that is truly pure. Schillaci had one good World Cup and wrote himself into the history of the game, but Ronaldo and Zidane lit up World Cups over a decade. Surely how a player handles pressure at the highest level is a facet of greatness? You've got to do it on the biggest stage in my opinion. There is no bigger stage in World sports than the Football World Cup.

25. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is all very OT, but it's an enjoyable conversation, and I intend to add to it.

I feel that comparing a WC to Club football is a bit like taking a stiker or defender, and judging him on his defending or on his attacking alone. They are both elements of football, but there are various variables that change the situation and make one player seem better than another. Defending itself is not even one thing - some players have weaknesses in defence against certain players. This is a poor analogy, but I'm just trying to use it in order to extend the idea of how some players can excel on different platforms, stages, or setups.

On another side note, with club football becoming such a money game, I'm starting to like international football more - it has the star players, but teams cannot just accumulate all the talent, unless it is their own. In my own mind, I feel a romantiacism returning in this regard. At one point, I didn't like the patriotic element and troubles that come with supporting certain countries, but I feel it's better than what is happening at Man City etc.