Placar Rankings Brazilian League

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by schwuppe, Dec 7, 2012.

1. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tpmazembe, Lucas... and msioux75 repped this.
  2. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    1972 missing

1973 (not sure if final)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1974 missing

[​IMG]

Lucas... and msioux75 repped this.
  3. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    1976 missing

[​IMG]

1978 incomplete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lucas... and comme repped this.
  4. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Interesting ratings schwuppe - good work.

I understood that before the 1982 WC Falcao and Cerezo were considered competitors for the same place in the Brazil NT (not sure if because a more defensive partner was chosen, or because they played with a right winger, or both, or a mixture - IIRC in both friendlies against England at Wembley in 1978 and 1981 they had a player on the right wing/right of midfield though the 1978 game was before the World Cup so a bit early to be relevant to this and not sure Socrates played in the 1981 game). Anyway, the ratings of 1979 and 1980 would actually backup a change from Falcao to Cerezo in the national team in 1980 which is what happened looking at the International appearances of both.

Surprised that I couldn't see the names of Pele and more surprisingly maybe Jairzinho in 1970 (I know the World Cup is irrelevant but still surprising).

It seems that though Zico had established himself as the best Brazilian player by the late 70's his consistency was perhaps not as good as some other players. He still had good ratings in 1977, 1979 and 1980, and some years are missing but he wasn't top of the average ratings we know of for the Ponta De Lanca role. 1981 might be different I guess but who knows. The ratings seem generous at the top end compared to in some other countries but 9.00 for Falcao in 1979 is clearly a stand-out number and Zico wasn't within a point of that in the years presented here (perhaps a deeper-lying midfielder has better chances to be consistent though less chances to do magical things near goal of course).

5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    To expand about Falcao/Cerezo:
    As Puck posted in the 1982 World Cup thread, Cruyff mentioned the change of approach under Tele Santana to concentraing more on work with the ball etc. However, I understood that it was not necessarily a permanent move to line-up both Falcao and Cerezo but when both played very well neither was left out for the next game (something along those lines anyway).

giles varley repped this.
  6. Bruford

Bruford Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pele was named Hors Concours for Bola de Prata since 1970, so he wasn´t eligible. Until this year, that honour was given only to him. However, 3 days ago, they named Neymar Hors Concours for Bola de prata. Don´t ask me why. They gave this honor for Pele in 1970, when he was established as the greatest player of the sport. Now they give it for a young boy who played great in the brazilian league for the last 3 years. It´s shameful.

PDG1978 repped this.
  7. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Interesting, thanks.
    This link confirms what you say (and the translation is 'out of competition' indeed - are the ratings calculated throughout the season on an average basis hence Pele and Neymar would have had them calculated too, or are they marks given based on the whole year after the year is complete which doesn't seem likely given the non-rounded figures mostly but it could be an average of ratings by different people/journalists I suppose?):
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/bra...d-first-hors-concours-since-pele-in-brazilian

8. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Two things:
    1. The whole WC70 lineup rarely appears. Why?
    2. Translation for the positions?

9. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Pele his form was questioned though before 1970 as well. Placar headed in 1968 "the King is dead" and in 1970 headlines with the same content appeared (he took three months off to recover for 1970WC, to "reboot" [literal quotation] himself said Placar).
    Yes, he is the greatest but in sum I'm not so sure whether he would appear on top if he was eligible. Is also no shame if you consider what he suffered throughout his career and the strain he endured.

10. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Amazing thread :cool: ;)

Some months ago i read two of full Placar's rating (above posted already) and the first thing that i'm shocked was the high ratings in all positions (i don't know is the usual 1-10 rating system).

But for the last Placar rankings these ratings are more comprehensive.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  11. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    Any idea why Jairzinho's/Rivelino's ratings are non-existend/rather unimpressive, but they still recieved tons South American Player of the Year votes?

I already figured out that Carlos Alberto's and Tostao's career were short-lived.

12. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JamesBH11 repped this.
  13. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    I have to add that most of them are from two weeks before the last game was played. After all games are played Placar releases a list of all the winners and their final numbers, but not the complete leader board...

14. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    This rsssf page has details of the related teams of the year:
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/miscellaneous/bprata.htm
    I'm not sure if like some ratings, a player needs to play a certain amount to qualify or if like the Dutch ratings Puck posted playing less gives a worse score (unlikely if these are average ratings) but it seems that these are ratings for solely the Brazilian Championship so not including regional competitions: -

Looking at Zico's appearance data for 1981 he didn't make many appearances in the Brazilain Championship at all but earned his South American Player of the Year award elsewhere with great performances and many goals for the Brazil NT plus in regional competition and international club competition (the Brazil team was on a great run in the build-up to the '82 World Cup and there have been videos posted on Big Soccer from that time with Zico starring, Zico's performance in the 1981 Intercontinental Cup is widely praised etc).

msioux75 repped this.
  15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Very good thread Schwuppe

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I agree with it being quite high, right now the armandao for the current brazilian league a player with a 7.00 score is likely to win best of the tournament, it's really hard to get high ratings, I've seen players score 2 goals and still come out with an 8.00 rating for that game.

17. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Format of Brazilian championships

First Division = Brasilerao, since 1971 (played in 38 rounds in last years, from May to December)
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/tablesae/brcamp.htm

Bola de Prata award is given to best players in their respective position with this conditions:
    * Players that played at least in 16 games of Brasilerao.
    * Each player has a rate from 0-10 in each game.
    * Best rating at the end of Brasilerao for each position won the Bola de Prata award.
    * Best rating of all, won Bola de Ouro award.
    http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bola_de_Prata

Copa do Brasil, since 1989 (all -smaller and greater- states clubs participated in a KO matches in 3 months of competition). The champion get 1 spot to Copa Libertadores.

Before that was played Taca Brasil, from 1959-68 with clubs from main states. The winner clasified to Copa Libertadores at the 60s.
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/tablesae/cbrcamp.htm

The Torneio Roberto Gomes Pedrosa, was played from 1967-70, as an extended Rio-Sao Paulo tournament (big 2 states + some mid power states). Champion & runner-up classified to Copa Libertadores
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/tablesrz/rgpcamp.htm

Before that, only existed State Competition (mainly Rio & Sao Paulo championships)
    http://www.rsssfbrasil.com/historical.htm#brasileiro

tpmazembe and schwuppe repped this.
  18. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I'm surprised that Rivellino receives so little mentions. Any explanation?

19. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I haven't checked for every year but it seems he was in different categories in different years eg for 1971 and 1973 he is listed in both years but changes from a Ponta Da Lanca (#10) to Meia-Armador (#8). Did you already notice that?

20. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yes, that was also his role for Brazil NT after Tostao, Pelé, Gerson fell away.

When Zico came Rivellino played deeper as him. Found an article where the comparison is made between Gerson-Rivellino (in role, not qualities) and Pelé-Zico.

Btw, before 1978WC a lot was expected from Zico but their striker Roberto Dinamite and also Rivellino received an equal amount of attention.

Also found out that Zico was since late (November) 1976 the best paid player in Brazil but it took until 1979 that his name was mentioned alongside Keegan, Simonsen and Rummenigge in European publications. 1978 was not a good year for him with injuries.

The reason Rivellino played with #10 and Zico with #8 was indeed related to seniority and status I was able to find. Therefore it is strange that Rivellino isn't highly rated. Curious for explanation.

21. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I see, yeah - you mean in the late 70's. In the earlier 70's there may be years where the rating is not avialable to us that he also made the list I guess.

22. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    From brazilian wiki

Maiores médias
    Quando o prêmio surgiu, em 1970, as médias finais não eram divulgadas. "Se tiver que chiar, que chie agora", dizia o texto dos premiados no Robertão, na edição 41 de Placar. Ainda nessa fase, as notas 10 eram dadas sem cerimônia: em 1971, por exemplo, 37 jogadores receberam a premiação máxima — somente o goleiro Andrada recebeu a nota máxima cinco vezes. Pensando em evitar abusos e exageros, a partir de 1995 a nota dos jogadores passou a ser supervisionada pela redação da revista.[6]

Atualizado até a premiação referente a 2011
    De 1970 a 1995
    JogadorClubeAnoMédia
    Falcão Internacional---1979---9,20
    Zico Flamengo-------1974-----8,74
    Zico Flamengo-------1982-----8,68
    Figueroa Internacional---1972---8,61
    Toninho Cerezo Atlético---1971?---8,56
    De 1995 em diante
    JogadorClubeAnoMédia
    Neymar Santos-----2012-----7,12
    Giovanni Santos-----1995-----6,96
    Edílson Corinthians---1998----6,90
    Edmundo Vasco-----1997-----6,89
    Neymar Santos-----2011-----6,81

23. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Bola de Prata Placar is an aberration, an award that does not deserve to be taken more seriously.

Look notes Neymar. He does not catch TOP3 best players of the Brazilian Championship 2012 and has the best average from 1995 onwards.

The Placar saw that screwed up and gave an award to Neymar hors concours (Pele won only thing that, when I was at the end of career) just to reward Ronaldinho and Lucas! Absurd!

24. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    tpmazembe, RoyOfTheRovers and msioux75 repped this.
  25. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Final Team 1982 (Name - Avg - Games)
    Carlos-----8,42-----13
    --------
    Leandro-----8,10-----21
    Juninho-----8,48-----13
    Edinho-----8,20-----18
    Vladimir-----8,27-----11
    --------
    Batista-----8,10-----22
    Pita-----7,92-----14
    Zico-----8,68-----23
    --------
    Lucio-----7,77-----17
    Careca-----7,95-----16
    Biro Biro-----7,82-----11

http://books.google.com.br/books?id...PSAabJgfgF&ved=0CEIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=true

PDG1978 repped this.