PL Match 19: Newcastle United vs Arsenal, Saturday 29 December

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TerminusFooty, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Halftime and so far we're holding these bastards to a draw. Surprisingly good play...

2. Shameus

Shameus Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Middle of a Migraine
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giroud gets free on a FK and heads home.

Debuchy clears off the line a few mins later to keep the team only down one.

Ref not calling anything on Arsenal around their box so they have been hacking down.

Rosciky and Cabaye don't like each other.

OK, everyones caught up with 15 left

3. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, that was frustrating. We played well and created a lot more chances than I thought we would. If only we could fricken FINISH...

4. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardew special. Create basically nothing for an hour, go behind, THEN show urgency.

Other musings: Debuchy was fantastic. Wonder if Cazorla has found his way out of his pocket yet. Williamson looks like a Titan. Santon is a midfielder, the last 10 minutes proved it. His defensive positioning sucks. Sissoko looks gassed, so does Remy. Coliccini to blame on the goal (though the fk was soft). Hatem is Hatem: talented but selfish at the wrong times.

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    If we had had a go from the beginning, or the half, we lose 4-0. We can't play with them even with their missing players. Once we changed and they changed tactics, we had a shot and showed guts. It's a team we have here and I hope the transfer window does nothing to break it up.. I'd feel much better about the loss had Tiote gotten a card on the weak foul he made for the GWFK. Probert called nothing all day, but maybe he forgot he only warned Tiote on his first real challenge.

"Williamson looks like a Titan."- I'll bet that hurts to type, and hurts many more to read. He's been my MVP this first half. Out of the squad to one of the best English center-halfs in the EPL right now. It can all change in an instant, though. Debuchey's been a tiger, too.

Thx,

Jay!