Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora? Real Madrid (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by vipnerd, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Re: Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora?

good point

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hmm.. I think Gago will adapt more easily. I truly don't see Higuain staying in Real Madrid and being successful for too long. If he plays like he did against Boca, then yes, he would be amazing.. But I don't see him shine in River to often and I think he is somewhat overrated.. Sometimes he can't play too well vs. teams like Belgrano or Colon, for example, which makes me doubt if he can play well vs. teams like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, or Villarreal, just to name a few.

He sort of reminds me of Maxi Lopez.. He was a good player at River, but not AMAZING, and obviously wasn't ready to play for a European giant. Barcelona took him, and look what happened. I think Higuain could be a good player in Europe, but for a smaller team.. Atleast for now.

As for Gago, I have a feeling he could be very succesful in Real. He might not become a star the first minute he steps on the field, but I think he could become an important figure for the team as time progresses.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Wow a completely unbiased opinion. Props for you gallina.

I agree with everything you said but I think Higuain has more potential than Maxi Lopez especially considering his age. Moving to Europe so young might be tough but if he starts out with the reserves maybe and then slowly moves up to the first team it could work out nicely.

4. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Wow!! Props to you for giving my boy some respect bostero.

5. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

I think Higuain will adabt easily but dont forget that in River he's not playing his actual roll, he's an attacking midfielder not a striker guys so give him some credit for playing and having a good seasn in a role that is not his :>

as for Gago, Redondo compared him to Messi and Kaka in an interview yesturday, he said gago is a playmaker just like messi and kaka :/ and reminds me of myself a lot!!!!

ive never seen him play other than a CM but i wuld luv to see him play as a playmaker and see what he has, i personally think he will change many things on our NT playing next to Belluschi it would be a great midfield

6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Castroman, I think you misinterpreted Redondo's comment (I'll clear this up before actually giving my opinion on the transfer): Redondo didn't compare Gago to Messi and Kaka in terms of position, in fact he said he saw alot of himself in Gago, and Redondo was always a CM. The comment he was making was the fact that these are 2 young players that went to Europe and are now shining in big teams.

Now, on to the transfers:

I agree with loco when he says that Gago will have an easier time of it, but positionally he has alot less competition as well. He's probably better for RM's needs than Emerson for example. This is a stark contrast to Higuain's situation, which has him competing with the following:
    Robinho, Raul, Ronaldo, Ruud, Reyes and Cassano
    Those 5 R's + Cassano basically hog any position that Higuain could play for RM, and this could easily force him to play in Castilla for a couple of years, or he might well see himself loaned out for a couple of years. This in and of itself isn't bad, and will probably help him in the long run, but the problem is that he's coming from one of Argentina's top clubs, where he's playing as a starter every game, unquestioned even when his form dips, and he'll have to swallow a big pill and accept that he's, from the look of things, potentially 7th :)eek:) in line for a starting position in attack.

This might also explain the 7 year contract: two years in reserves or some loan deal, and then he comes back for the "normal" 5 year tenure.

7. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Una foto calentó más la novela de Higuaín

El delantero negó haber posado con la camiseta puesta pero los directivos de River explotaron: "No podemos permitir que nos presionen así".

Link To Original Article

8. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    Gonzalo HiguaÃ**n espera vestir la camiseta del Real Madrid

"SerÃ**a posible que me quedase en el River Plate, pero es difÃ**cil decir que no al Real Madrid. Eso sólo llega una vez en la vida", declara HiguaÃ**n, que dentro de tres semanas cumplirá 19 años.

More...

9. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If it takes him this long still to chose Argentina, even when Basile's is hoping he would play with Argentina in the Copa America or he turns down next years Youth Games, a pivotal moment in deciding your future National career.
    I don't give a $#%@ about him.
    Go to France you Pepe Le Pew, you stink of BS.
    Should it take this long to decide who you are going to play for? He is either mis-guided with a money grubbing father or mostly stupid.

Latest article, has him warming up to France again after turning them down. Then he wears a Real Madrid jersey to make a subliminal message, this guy isn't innocent, he's a limelight grabbing idiot. Who does he want to play for? I don't give a rat-ass anymore. I don't watch River, because he's on the team, I can't stand him anymore.

And you know, after all is said and done. After he goes to Real Madrid (or wherever else) and he plays on France, all this hype about him is going to blow over, because he won't be able to play at the top level everyone expects him to play. And all these games he's playing are going to make him look like a fool.

Who is someone I can think of like that? Oh.. wait, yes, Tevez.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh but I'm finding the antics of Higuian/his father increasingly tiresome. His dad is quoted once again as saying his son has not ruled out playing for France, this on top of Higuain appearing in a Real Madrid shirt even though River Plate have not even agreed terms over his transfer. He seems to be the Argentine/French version of the much detested Cashley Cole, a player (like many premiership footballers) who long ago lost touch with the real world and is full of his self importance. At the end of the day Higuain is a promising youngster who has achieved very little and seems to be riding high on the fact that he scored twice against Boca. Well guess what, you're not the second coming, you're not the new Maradona, your not even the new Aguero, so if you want to play for France go ahead and do so and lets see how many caps you win for them once they have secured your selection. But if nothing else, just get over yourself.

12. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You guys are being excessively harsh with Higuain. He might have worn a RM jersey, but he personally hasn't pressured River Plate to sell him (Unlike Gago, hohum...), it's all been his father and money grabbing agent.

And what gives you guys the right to bitch about him not choosing what NT to play for? Look at it from his stand point: He has alot more competition for a spot in Argentina, but he feels Argentine, and THAT'S why he rejected the call-up from France, despite him having a probably easier time of getting into the line up with them.

13. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If he gave a shit, he would be on the World Youth Team next year.
    They called him up and he rejected that to.

He's really good a rejecting things, for someone who hasn't even won a title.

14. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

How many players on that youth team are actually starters for their clubs? How many of them also have the difficult choice of two top national teams chasing after him?

15. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Boo hoo cry me a River Plate Star. He had the choice to play for the U-20 juniors, what does his choices now have anything to do with what you are saying? It's a simple choice, you either play for the honor of your country with your skill or you don't.

16. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What? I can't really understand what you're saying.

How much do you know about football? Do you know that it's becoming more and more of a business? Did you know that players like Higuain, the young players with potential, are considered gold in said business? Did you know that the gold becomes platinum if you have a EU Passport?

Do you also understand the consequences of playing for Argentina? That he loses his EU passport, and as such his value goes down, as well as his future salary.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Wow, aerez, stop being such a bitch.. Higuain has the right to make a choice.. It's fine if he says no to the U-20.. Maybe after that he'll never be called up for Argentina again.. If he doesn't accept it, he might become a French star.. He might not, you never know, but there are possibilities.. And at the same time he still has possibilities for playing for Argentina.. I think he made a smart choice.. You may not agree with it, but it could change his career tremendously.

18. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

To say He will have little competition for his position in France NT is wrong. ATM he has to compete with Henry, Trez, Saha and bunch of others and this guys will play atleast another 2 years, within 2 years period anything can happen in football. There might be some emerging talents in France who will show their potential within this 2 years. Don't forget before 2 years noone thought Messi and Aguero will be in Argentina NT.

19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You named THREE competitors that Higuain has in France, and that's without considering that he can play as an enganche, where he has far less competition in France.

In Argentina I can give you at least twice as many players who compete with him in either position.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't know if you are referring to me, but if you were, I never said he had little competition in France.. I said he could become a star there, or he could become a star here.. Or in neither.. My point was that it's smart of him to analyze it, and decide which path can lead to a brighter future for him..

21. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Whatever, I really don't care about the formalities of the new age in soccer. There are a ton of players in Argentina and he's the only one making all this unnecessary hype. If you can't understand what I'm saying, maybe you need more English classes.

Well he obviously is flirting with France and it's sickening reading about it everyday. Flaming me with your pretty red letters makes you look silly.

If you don't like my ranting off with my opinions, tough luck. Maybe in a chocolate-colored candy filled world you'll find solice in people that will agree with you.

Don't think I'm not aware about Higuain Saga. I know everything about it, I don't need you guys telling me things I already know. Hence the reasons I'm sick of Higuain.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hmm.. Sounds like a VIP sock :p .. In all seriousness though, no one has to agree with me.. I don't care if people disagree with me, else this website wouldn't be at all interesting.. It's just annoying how you keep on bitching about it.. You sound so angry for no reason.. If you don't like it, just ignore the subject.. No vuelvas mas, das lastima.

Edit: Oh shit, I just found out you were Canadian.. That's even a better reason for you not to come back.. :eek:

23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'll take care of this seperately. Look you, I lived in the USA for 12 years, I'm fluent in a language you can't seem to master because this:

is barely english, and utter Bullsh*t because he CLEARLY has the skill, unless you're implying (ooh, big word :rolleyes:) that the Argentine U-20 is better than the French NT. And to make one thing clear, because you obviously can't see it for yourself, Higuain would rather play for Argentina, but there are of course a few roadblocks: A)It's more beneficial for him career wise to choose France right now, and B)He'd have an easier time getting into the French NT than the Argentine NT.

And if you don't care about the formalities of modern football, perhaps you should do us all a favor and NOT discuss it with the adults?

Hehe... It's quite funny really, you calling him "silly" because of his red letters when you look like an absolute idiot because you claim to be a River Plate fan when pretty much everything you say and post shows quite the opposite.

And again, you show a total lack of knowledge of the situation: Pipita isn't the one creating all the hype around him, except with his good performances. It's all thanks to his father and money grabbing agent. Get your head out of your ass and get that memorized. The only hype he's making is the kind that's associated to good form, unlike Gago who has gone on record as saying he wants to go to Madrid.

24. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

What the hell is a chocolate-colored candy filled world?? Sounds like something from a Canuck eh. Oh by the way, who gives a rats ass about Toronto FC. Go and support Cobi Wynalda Chastaham if you can't stand Higuain. Dickhead.

25. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It all makes sense now... he was talking about white chocolate :D