Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora? Real Madrid (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by vipnerd, Nov 6, 2006.

1. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora?

haha, if higuain plays with argentina vs france that would be like a slap in the face

i like it :D

2. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

It'll be a slap in our face if we play like the last two games because I guarantee we will loose if we do :rolleyes:

3. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

do we still have to play with europe based players vs france?

4. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I'm not really sure about that, but it would be good to see the likes of Gago/Palacio (who may be playing in europe by then anyway) a go. Latest rumour is that Real Madrid have made a bid for Higuain.

5. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

A su turno, el presidente de la Federación Francesa avisó que tras este partido definirán si acuden a la FIFA por el rechazo del Pipita.
    http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pagina.jsp?pagId=01309083&fecha=20061114

That was my whole point with this thread. That a NO to France could end up in a complain to FIFA ... ala the menace to Makelele ...

Thoughts?

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Domenech is a man who bear grudges. He excluded Guily from the French world cup squad because Guily had made some very mild critical comments about him. So Higuain snubbing his call up is seriously going to p*** him off. In all honest I think Higuain and his advisors should make a decision as to who he wants to play for because at this rate he is going to p*** everyone off, and it's getting really boring.

7. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If he does complain to FIFA, then Domenech is really the moron he looks to be. I can understand him being p1ssed off with Gallas, as he is an official player for France with lots of selections, but Pipita has never played in the French NT, has no idea what France is, and is confronted with a difficult choice.

I think he has taken the right approach. He is still young. Let him receive some offers from good European clubs, so as to prepare his carreer, and then he can choose the NT he wants within a year.

8. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

French scums...

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Steady lad. :D

According to a report in AS Higuain is quoted as saying he has already made his decision as to who he is going to choose, which I am assuming can only mean Argentina.

10. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It was suppost to be a joke, I like the french, specially the ladies. I bloched a joke, now I can simpathize with John Kerry.

11. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

from Ole:

Also Real Madrid is offering 10 millions for Higuain and they want to take him in January, the idea in River is to keep him until after the Libertadores.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Boca said the same thing about Insua and we sold him. Then they said the same thing about Gago and it seems he already has one foot set in Madrid.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

como es la cosa? cual rumor tiene mas caracter de transferencia: el Pipita o Gago

los dos a real Madrid en enero?

14. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

reports are saying that he is actually waiting for Basile to call him up!

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Niembro spoke to Gago's rep this morning. The idea is for Gago to stay until June, but if Real Madrid pressures that is January or January (and puts the $$ wanted) then Gago will leave. One thing to consider ... Gago will only get his European passport around Feb-Mar. Before that he couldn't play nor be registered at FEF?

As to Pipita ... his dad told Niembro this morning that 10 mil Euro offer arrived to River. That would mean 50% of the 4 million difference sold at 6 earlier this year. Also, Higuain dad said that last nite both Pipita and him spoke to Domenech for the 1st time. That they explained why they couldn't accept yet ... and that Domenech understood (he speaks spanish btw). The consensus was that if they had spoken before the call up a lot of the BS that happened with Pipita not going to the friendly would had been avoided.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I'm watching Ultima Palabra right now and they just said that it looks like both Gago and Higuain are going to be transfered in January to Real Madrid.

17. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

I have a question is he good at playmaking? ive never seen him play that rle but they say that is his favorite role? did anyone see him play that role and how good is he?

18. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Gestión Real II: oferta millonaria por Higuaín

El Real Madrid está dispuesto a pagar diez millones de euros por Gonzalo Higuaín. El fin de semana llegaría un emisario. River quiere retenerlo hasta junio.

Link To Original Article

19. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I only saw him play a couple of games as a playmaker under Merlo, he was ok. I think that he is a bit too selfish (looks for his shot first) which makes him a good striker. He's brother is doing a great job in Chicago and he plays more of that role there.

20. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I'm not at all put at ease by the transfer of such young players, from a different system of football, going into such a high profile club so soon. Shouldn't they work their respective ways into it rather than go straight away? I just think for it's asking for trouble. Messi is not an exception eiteher since he was with Barcelona's youth team. *sigh*

22. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Boca and River are not exactly low profile clubs, there will be a time of adaptation to a different league/country but futbol is futbol all over the globe. If they start for River/Boca, they can start for any team.

23. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

i agree with you that Boca\River are good teams but these players need time to adapt. I would have been worrying for Higuain if there wasn't Van Nistelroy or Raul in RM, being this 2 strikers in the club Higuain will get all time he needs to adapt to this club. And he will get chance as soon as he adapts to the system because both of this strikers are getting older. But for gago, it is a challenge. RM wants him to fulfill the role right away, they do have Guti as AM and Diarra/Emerson as DM, if you look at their strength in the position where this player plays then Gago has real chance of starting over all of them but it is also dangerous for player like Gago when he won't have enough time to adapt and just have to prove his signing. That's why i am relaxed when it comes to Higuain but to Gago i am nervous.

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Things have moved very quickly for Higuain, but he is still largely an unkown quantity, brought for his potential. Where as pundits are claiming Gago is the finished article, but it has to be remembered he is only 20 years old and older and more experienced players than him gave struggled at Real Madrid over the last few years. I just he is giving time and not put under immediate pressure to turn it on.

25. Castroman

Castroman New Member

Mar 30, 2006

id agree with most of what u guys said, but dont forget that Cabello is the coach and he really knows and understands how to take care of his players and knows exactly what he wants :> i believe gago will play a CM role when he gets there and as far as Higuain goes he'll also do a good job maybe as a sub when he first gets there buut dont be to worried guys many Argentine players went immediate to big clubs and made one hell of an impact :> it just depends on the person himself thats all