Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora? Real Madrid (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by vipnerd, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Pipita Higuain ... Y ahora?

I really doubt anyone in the press wouldnt have pointed this out, they are THAT boludos.

2. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I guess now it's finally time for him to finally decide who he wants to play for.

4. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

His family doesn't have a different passport, he is the only one in his family born outside of Argentina (I think)

5. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

His father has a passport from living there I think.

And he can still play for Argentina later since this is only a friendly.

6. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

According to Ole if he accepts France's selection then he will not be able to represent Argentina.

Apparantely he is going to make an announcement on Monday, if I was a betting man I'd put some money on him choosing Argentina over France.

Then again I'm crap at betting. :D

7. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Quite strange: according to the French press Gonzalo Higuain doesn't have a dual nationality: he's French only, he doesn't have argentinian papers :eek:

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

[​IMG] nationality rule sucks.

I'm sure the Chileans won't mind if we call up the Argentinian-born from Colo Colo.

9. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey

leon, don't take my word for it but i think mega is right. since its only a friendly i think he would still be eligable to play for argentina. but seriously, i really don't care which one he chooses. not because i don't like the kid but i think there's PLENTY of options if he decides to choose france. which i think he will.

10. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So I guess it is not a guarantee that they will allow him to change and he could still play for France forever not to lose the European passport and be worth more to European teams.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree with you. I mean he has become news lately and it's an interesting talking point but Argentina have so many strikers at the moment who are ahead of him (something incidently I think will be the main reason he will choose France) in the pecking order to be in NT that it's no big deal if he goes with France.

12. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

But it doesn't mean we should just give away one of the most promising players in Argentina !!!! :eek: specially since he is a goleador de area.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Agreed Illrod! Reading an interview with Higuain's dad in AS it does seem he would prefer to play for Argentina, but here's the thing, he does not have dual nationality, just French. So presumably he would need to apply for Argentine citizenship, all a bit odd really. :confused:

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

that means that el pipita takes a spot in river as a forigner?

lo inscribieron en el torneo como extrangero?

15. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

Claro. En TyC sports tienen un show que se llama 'los ambajadores de la apertura' que se trata de entrevistar a jugadores latino americanos jugando en argentina y el es uno de los jugadores que muestran en la propaganda.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Let him go to France. I'm sure they will need him more. Argentina has plenty of young players of his characteristics who are at least as talented as he is.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

in that case, who is going to win big games for river?

Boca fans want him in france......

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I meant let him play for the French national team.

As far as him winning big games for River, it probably won't be for long. As long as Aguilar is in charge, River is going to give him away as soon as they can, just like they do with all their young talent.

19. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

i haven't seen this guy play, actually i have never seen him.:p What type of striker is he? Is he tall? because before i make some decision about him i got to know this thing. if he is a crespo type player then i want us to have him but if he is more like messi, Tevez, Aguero let him go.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

to me he is talented, but small for his position (age has something to do with size and volume)
    not very muscular and smart in the field - Knows were to be and fast at times
    good ball handler and passer

with real bad hair day every sunday on Fox:eek:

21. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

no way dude, im boca fan and I want him for la selección

antes que nada, LA SELECCIÓN

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Exactly what I was thinking. Argentina has a pretty big crop of players in that position who are better than him. He probably has a better chance of sooner playing for the senior France NT than for Argentina.

Plus let's not overrate him either. He's good, his game against Boca was his breakthrough but he's pretty inconsistent and misses alot of opportunities. Belluschi has been far and away Rivers best player this season and the reason they are even competing for the league.

What he should have done is taken a spot in the U-20 Argentina squad.

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He's not like Crespo. He's just like those players you mentioned. And I rate all of those players plus Palacio, Saviola, Milito ahead of Higuain.

His advantage is that he's so young. Thus he should have taken a spot in the U-20 team insted of being a desperate gallinita.

24. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What. The. F*ck?

He was thinking of his career when he decided not to take a spot on the Sub-20, and you come up with that line?

Bitter because the Gallinero has hatched some golden eggs while you guys are still buying yours?

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

How was he thinking of his career? I just see it as wanting to get first team football already when he's still young as has his whole career ahead of him. He could have done great things in the youth teams and later on when needed slowly moved up to the senior team. Right now he's not needed in the senior team at all. There are a bunch of better players ahead of him in that position. He probably knows that and might opt for France since as ASF said they probably need him more and has a better chance of starting sooner.

And this has nothing to do with producing or buying players. But you can continue to say that to make yourself feel better as Boca cruises to el tri :D .