PIP: Western Conference Semi Final Game 2; LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes; 11/7/12; 8 P.M. PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. And I trust the fitness of our team better. Not to be arrogant, but I just do.

JukeBox and TrickHog repped this.
  3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention he seriously impedes Robbie Keane, almost to the point of distraction.

TrickHog and kaburu repped this.
  4. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody think we're gonna get any election-related references during the game/broadcast?
    What a special day! I'm proud to have voted for the first time as an informed young voter!

Now go get a win Galaxy to make me even happier!

5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I read that the game is on ESPN2, but my Directv onscreen channel guide isn't showing it. Am I wrong about the channel or is it just a late addition to the schedule? I was trying to DVR because I might not be able to be home in time.

TrickHog repped this.
  6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's showing on my guide (Time Warner Cable) as 8 p.m. tonight on ESPN2....

7. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've removed all political posts, it's not needed and just pisses people off.

Topper, Berks, kaburu and 3 others repped this.
  8. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you, but figured I would contribute so it wasnt so one sided...

TrickHog repped this.
  9. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Forward!

Galaxy!

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  10. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP... taker

Topper and TrickHog repped this.
  11. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Thanks, but my guide (and the online DirecTv guide) is still showing that it will be the Bowling Green-Ohio football. I've gotten an email from MLS that confirms it is on ESPN2, but that doesn't make me feel better about taping it. Nothing worse than expecting to watch a Galaxy playoff soccer match and instead getting MAC football (and despite being an Ohio native, even I have no interest in those two teams).

TrickHog repped this.
  12. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright people it's here wednesday, judgement day, the day of reckoning. I have been thinking and dissecting the previous game and I feel confident we can get a result in suckville usa. I think we all can agree that we have weapons of mass desrtuction on offense and our defense when healthy is like fort knox. With that I think and I mean no dissrespect to #23, I believe he must come on as a super sub in the 2nd half in order to make full use of the remaining gas in his tank. Let's not kid ourselves he is not 27 he is 37 and what we need is fast paced football, We need strikers striking midfielders fielding and defenders defending. When becks is in there it looks to me that our defenders and the rest of the mid corps defer too much to him, there by slowing the game and allowing Sucking-It Jose to put the entire village in front of goal. His crosses lose pace after about 50 minutes not his fault it's the milage on the odometer. We have nothing to lose and everything to win he (becks) must put his east end of london pie and mash eating pride to the side for the good of the LA GALAXY. Bruce must put a high octane side out here tonight, Nothing must be played under 50 mph until we have our goal cushion. A victory and advancing to the western conference finals is the only acceptable outcome tonight, And an MLS CUP championship is the only acceptable way to end a season for the Galaxy Let's go get us another title boys GO LA!

P.S. If the ship goes down I will go down with it too (emotionally) but there needs to be serious consequences and personel must pay the price, Even bruce will need to feel some heat from the fanbase and FO. Peace out peeps see you all tonight!

13. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If dyserflex's stream is working you'll be good to go and at least it's better than fake football played with hands.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh... if the worst season you have in 4 years is "lose in conference semi's" thats a pretty damn good run. I don't think Bruce is in hot water at all.

Berks and TrickHog repped this.
  15. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. And with the defensive injuries (Leonardo, AJ, Omar) offensive injuries (Donovan, Buddle) not to mention weird goalkeeper stuff (remember Saunders' start of the year from which he has never looked quite the same?) I think he and management pretty much say "Bit of a rough year, let's reshuffle a little and try it again and see what happens next year." It's easy to get down about this year because when we brought Juninho and Buddle back we looked like we were going to be a beast of a team, but things haven't quite worked out that well and the backline has shifted around like crazy, and that has hurt us. Heck, I still remember 3 years ago when Kevin Hartman STONED us and ruined our post-season. Playoffs are chancy, and anything can happen. You got to roll with it, and any year where you are seriously in the mix for the Cup is a good year. Ask TFC or Chivas fans.

16. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon and Becks cannot retire or leave without this years MLS cup.

17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what last year was about. The team still wants to win, don't get me wrong. But I don't think winning is tied to retirement, it's just plain old winning.

With that said, there's a lot more fervor around CCL these days.

18. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was true....last year. I don't think it applies in their minds to this year.

TrickHog repped this.
  19. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff Carlisle@JeffreyCarlisle
    SJ def Jason Hernandez on amount of talking by LA. "In between the lines is where we do our talking, we'll just leave it at that." #mls

You mean when you pinch people's behinds to get in their heads?

:rolleyes:

TrickHog repped this.
  20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW - I didn't want to start a thread on this, but a couple people now have PM'ed me wondering where Cadaver is. And it's not my place to discuss people's personal lives here, but I wanted everyone to know that I ran into Cadaver at the regular season finale vs. Seattle. He's having some personal issues that are keeping him away from BS, but he's hopefully going to be fine and back here when he's ready. And I hope sooner than later 'cause I miss him around here...

But I just wanted to everyone to know. And I'm sure he'll be watching the game tonight and cheering on the guys and cursing at Lenhart just like the rest of us...

And now we can get back to talking smack about the Smurfs....

21. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Special giveaway night at Buck Shaw Stadium:

[​IMG]

23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I finally found some info, which doesn't help the DVR effort, but is useful:

StillKickin and TrickHog repped this.
  24. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I love our fans.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    우리는 우리에 대항하는스럽게하는 용감한이 건방진 개를 박살합니다!!!

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.