PIP: Western Conference Semi Final Game 2; LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes; 11/7/12; 8 P.M. PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... that's totally lame. Like, everyone knows the Goonies are the funnest team in the league :x3:

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True.

I've never seen guys have so much fun while cleaning out their lockers....

3. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I love how Twellman kept question his calling out of the team, and how it was locker room material and motivation for the Quakes..... if San Jose needed motivation given our history, the situation and their own never say die attitude, well then, Omar kicked their ass in the mind games department.

Kilgore, ragbone, Ghosting and 2 others repped this.
  4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most *tanoshii* club, huh? We're more tanoshii...because...watashi-tachi wa...saikou da.
    (We're more fun because...we're the best.) Here is some more stuff from the guys...
    Careful what you wish for...may not happen. Not cool to count your chickens before they hatch anyway, San Brose. Next!

Us, of course. It's a genius move, that.

Easy there, Mr. Politico. Give him time. He's still young. ;)

5. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nonesense - that implies Lenhart actually has a brain, which we all know is a downright lie. I mean, its not like Omar is controlling Cabbage Patch Kid's brain...

Hachiko repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Berkeley. San Jose is as far as LA in my book. They are not the "Bay Area" if you are from the immediate Bay. Might as well be Timbuktu.

7. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who travels up and down the state in my car quite a lot, this is a little crazy!! But to each her own. I live 45 minutes, minimum from the HDC, and I know a lot of other people travel much farther every week to see the Galaxy. But maybe it's cause we are so car/freeway oriented down here.

8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly why. I don't consider the hour drive to SJ far...it's just that I have no reason to be down there. I don't view a team from San Jose as "my" team. And this is from someone who lives in the East Bay and supports two SF teams: 49ers and Giants (the Raiders weren't here when I started watching football though).

If you talk to people in the Bay Area the South Bay is really a whole entity apart. There are some SF/East Bay people that support the Sharks, but not a lot of them. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the Niners move south. True bummer for those of us up here. Note that their name will remain "San Francisco" - that isn't changing.

9. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't drive 45 minutes to see Chivas USA either.

TrickHog repped this.
  10. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omar has a bright future with the USMNT and already has more USMNT caps than Steven Lenhart and Alan Gordon combined.

Hachiko repped this.
  11. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And some more...

Smoke it.

12. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those East Bay folks don't seem to be going out to see the Warriors or A's either. I grew up I the East Bay (San Ramon) and know lots of folks who travel 45 minutes to see a Quakes game and TONS of people who come see the Sharks.

The 49ers will sell out, as usual. I'd be more concerned with how much they've increased ticket prices at the game, rather than the location.

13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People don't go to see the Warriors because of their record. I hate to say it, but they've been pitiful for a good long time. It will be very interesting to see how their attendance picks up once they move to SF in 2017. Not because of a sudden love for the Warriors, but because going to see basketball will now be very accessible by walking and public transit and you won't have to worry about being mugged on the way to the parking lot.

As for the A's - they had an increase in attendance this year during their storied run, so that was fun to see. So not sure you're right about that one anymore. Plus, they play in an absolute pit. The Coliseum and it's environs suck. I grew up in Berkeley/Oakland, so I love the area, but man, that park sucks donkey balls.

San Ramon is closer than the immediate East Bay to the South Bay - it's easier to drive down south. For me to go to a Quakes game from Berkeley is 1 hour 15 minutes with no traffic. It's too far to be considered my local team. I think in general you'll find the majority of fans for both the Sharks and the Quakes will be within a 30-45 minute radius of San Jose. Which in general means Berkeley, Oakland and SF are too far. The Niners have an installed fanbase up north, so that's different.

Dawdler repped this.
  14. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just repping for the sucking of donkey balls :thumbsup:

ragbone repped this.
  15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We need to have everyone in the crowd put these on for the next game against the "Goonies".

[​IMG]

16. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the only outstanding aspect of that team is that they have a lot of over-the-hill-formerly-world-class players and we don't.

Thanks for these Hachiko. They're comedy gold.

As to the comment above, I guess this person missed what our healthy backline (3/4 of which were all drafted within the last five years) are capable of.

Or the debate among our fans about whether "over-the-hill-formerly-world-class player", David Beckham should be starting over Juninho and Marcello Sarvas.

Strangest of all though, is that this person seems to completely have missed Mike Magee. You'd think with all the goals he's scored past the Quakes and his famous shut-out, you think he'd be more prominent...

17. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fine with that comment....so basically our old dudes kicked their "young studs'" patootie. It just means they don't get it. It's hard to find good Euro guys who really dig into MLS and play to their potential. MLS is littered with Euro failures. Ours play hard, give a crap, have tons of natural talent, and kick butt. Go ahead and try and replicate that SJ, it's not as easy as it looks.

CDM76 and Ghosting repped this.