PIP: Western Conference Championship Game 2; LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders; 11/18/12; 6 P.M. PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You're trying to get him killed aren't you?

Hachiko repped this.
  2. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it's Seattle. He'll be OK. But they are totally NOT GOING TO SHARE THEIR WEED with him when it hits that time of night.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No! I was teenager in the early nineties and you've just killed that whole Seattle music scene!

Now, when I listen to grunge, I'll hear that dreary, pissed off dirge and start imagining depressed Starbucks guzzlers singing about their beaten down sports teams.

Think of the impact this going to have on those songs:

The Man in the Box with His Arm Naturally Extended for Balance
    Smells Like Don Garber Wants an LA Final
    Blackhole that Fredy Falls into During the Playoffs
    I Nearly Lost You There But Got Wrongly Flagged Offside
    (In LA Galaxy's) Rearview Mirror

4. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to pay for it, feel free.:)

phoenixhazard, ragbone and Hachiko repped this.
  5. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to be contentious, but isn't that a oxymoron? ;)

6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quality.

7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

ragbone and Hachiko repped this.
  8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? Talk about deluded.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  9. Revived fan

Revived fan Member

May 9, 2010
    Sunny So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of conspiracy, Seattle fans forgot their team was in it too. Their loss to us in the otherwise meaningless last game of the regular season provided us the home field advantage over Houston so we can bid farewell to David in style. Common, Seattle. On second thought, maybe you are just mad 'cause you thought we forgot about it?

10. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Twellman's comment that Montero was a different player. Really? In the playoffs (career) before this game: zero goals. This game: zero goals.

I'd say Montero was exactly the same player as before.

11. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check this out:

I am a Galaxy, Lakers, and a Steelers fan. None of those work well here but we DOMINATE all of the losers here :)

...if they still have a team

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can't get killed by passive aggressive hippies. Everyone here are such pussies I have never felt scared ever. I mean coming from LA here is like going to a picnic

13. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who has lived in the NW most of his adult life, I find this slightly offensive... people in the Northwest are nice, but they aren't "pussies."

... although I do know that moving from Pennsylvania to SoCal and then back to the Northwest, folks on the east coast make SoCal folks look like "pussies" by your criteria.

(I realize this is all in fun) :)

14. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If all you guys keep dissing the Pacific Northwest like this, some serious shit will come down on you... like someone short-changing the shot of espresso in your Vanilla Soy Latte' at Starbucks... so keep your head on a swivel and your eyes on the barista if you're going to keep talking smack about Seattle and whatnot...

15. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With that in mind, Imma go make me some coffee.

16. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And for the record, I have quite a few friends from Washington and Oregon....and they are some of the nicest people I know. Really good people. No pussies, just nice. But ALL of them, to a person, are absolutely NUCKIN FUTS about their sports teams, the conspiracy theories, the refs screwing them, etc. I once had my head torn off by a mother of 3 kids who I've know for 15 years because I made a Mariners joke. (In case you all didn't know, there's a reason they never won a championship and A-Rod left, and I'll give you a hint---it's NOT because they choked and A-Rod wanted enough cash to fill his swimming pool up with hundies, no sirree, they got SCREWED.)

So yeah....nice people...but crazy from not enough sunshine, and I don't really go to Starbucks anyway, so I think I'll be OK posting this.

Ghosting repped this.
  17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't call NW people nice either. My experience, along with mostly all other transplants, have been that they are cold and generally very unfriendly.

18. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's interesting. I've lived for extended periods of time in Colorado, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Oregon, as well as 1+ year stints in Southern California and Belize. I would have actually said that the NW is the most laid-back & friendly place that I've lived. I suppose that there may be a lot of variation depending on the local community that you're in.

EDIT: Also... it may well be that you don't understand the cultural milieu of the NW. In the same way that people on the East Coast say that Californians are surficial and insincere, and Californians say that folks from New York are assholes. :)

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno, there are quite a lot of pages supporting this. Seattle Freeze on facebook, ihateseattle.com
    It is a well known fact among transplants that Seattleites are cold and unfriendly, my first experience here was a woman walking her dog and when i said good evening to her she looked at me weird and put her head down. Perhaps it's only a Seattle thing, I can't vouch for Portland more than them being strange.
    I have also lived in a lot of places. LA, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Seattle, Israel

20. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take portland over shitattle any day, Family lives out there and it's a beautiful state the weather is the only thing really that sucks a-r-s-e. People are friendly and helpful, In washington they just ignore you basically especially if you mention your from Cali (I think it's sunshine envy myself).

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea that seems to be the case. Although the fans between the Timbers and Sounders are pretty equal in pure jackassness. Seattle is a wonderful city and it's so beautiful here but the average person can go suck a nut

100fyers repped this.
  22. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, I think maybe you're way overstating your case. I attended the Seattle LA "refund game" and sat in a section of Seattle fans while wearing my Galaxy jersey. All the fans around me before, after, and during the game were great. They booed me and teased me before the game, but it was all good-natured stuff. I had great conversations with the folks sitting around me about the Seattle players (they weren't thrilled with Ljunberg). Yeah... if you go to the Seattle boards there's some conspiracy talk that's crazy... and (as I mentioined in an earlier post) I've experienced annoying condiscending fans now and then. I just don't think it's that much different than any other fanbase. Let's just say they're nothing compared to San Jose. :eek:

23. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a bit like Saying, Dahmer was not as evil, well if compared to The devil himself. There are levels and then their are levels. Just saying. =)

Ghosting repped this.
  24. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may be your experience but I am the one that lives in Seattle and goes to many Sounders games and talks with Sounders fans and they have nothing but venom towards LA. They go out of their way to be dicks about it too, you were probably in the family section because when I was at the refund game I had 2 beer bottles thrown at me and some woman spit on me (i did my best not to punch her in the face). Their security did absolutely nothing about it, but when i turned around to tell them to all stfu they were all over me.

25. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you always sit in the same spot Phoenix? My seats are in the north end and we have had fans from every team sit by us. Never any sort of incident other than a bit of joking, but it goes both ways. No violence or anything like that. Having said that most of the people that sit in my section actually watch the whole league and know soccer so they don't always see things the same way as some of the more vocal Sounders fans. Honestly, the more vocal fans from most clubs end up being their most ignorant.