PBP: PIP: MLS Cup Playoffs Knockout Round; LA Galaxy vs. Vancouver Whitecaps; 11/1/12; 7:30 P.M. PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I love Magee, I have to agree with all of that, begrudgingly.

Berks repped this.
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Putting my money on Toledo calling this one.

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I've never understood why Bruce hasn't noticed Magee repeatedly failing to close down wingers as they line up to cross the ball and told him to correct it. He gives the guy 3 yards of open space to line up his cross and send it flying and then just stands and watches as the ball goes over his head, slowly turning around to see what adventures follow. As if there was nothing he could have done to prevent it. I understand laying off when the player is dribbling toward you at speed but there is no excuse for laying off when the winger is just standing there with the ball at his feet picking a target for his cross.

It's frustrating because all that is required to fix it is awareness on either Bruce or Magee's part. Or hell his teammates for that matter should be yelling at him to close down the player. Do these guys watch tape?

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The big plus Magee has over Sarvas is he track record of scoring big, timely goals.

juniorLA and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  5. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree with this. I yell at him at least 3X/game usually for this exact thing, and I of course notice it now because I'm looking for it.

I don't know enough about Vancouver to judge if they have wingers that are dangerous to the defensive frailties of Magee/Willy requiring Sarvas. Anyone know? When I have time later today I'll look at Vancouver's line-up.

6. klpv82

klpv82 Member+

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Silviu Petrescu. I don't remember what kind of ref he is, but apparently he's pretty card-happy. He reffed two of our matches this season (2-2 against VAN and 2-1 win against Houston). Four yellows in each match.

Some more info here:
    http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/post/2012/10/30/petrescu-referee-knockout-round-match

7. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My feeling on this whole post season is simple. We have Landon, and as he goes this team goes. The one think he has proven is he is our mr. November. The kid brings in to another level in the playoffs. As others are picking SJ, SKC, Seattle and such to win it all they are overlooking the great MLS killer that is landon. He does have the talent to completely destroy defensive tactics of any squad. I still think SJ has been allowed to play shall we say overly aggressive football and get away with alot more. That being said SJ have not faced a full strength LA all season long. Vancouver will not be overlooked. But if for one minute you don't think there is true distaste towards SJ and a desire to eliminate those smurffet raping bastards you are wrong. Vancouver will be a strong test but a doable one. Payback will come with the SJ game though.

Topper repped this.
  8. st ryma 7

st ryma 7 Member

Dec 23, 2004
    the south bay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have to disagree here; its the way he plays. its not something that ends bad often, in fact a lot of the time it turns out well with him having an extra step to pounce into space or onto a free ball. you must understand that at no time on an MLS field are there going to be more than maybe one or two people who are more aware and understand the game better than magee or bruce. thats the reason no one on the field, or sideline, is yelling at him to change that.

9. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    ??? Players get off crosses on him routinely in games. There is no upside to him standing there watching them do this. It only has to "end bad" once or twice to end our playoff hopes.

And Bruce as a master of the game? Don't think so. He has never been known for his tactical acumen. What he is good at is putting together teams that can win and then doing a great job of managing them and getting them to adopt a winning mentality. Players like to play for him. It's a winning formula.

But tactical genius? Hardly.

ragbone and Berks repped this.
  10. GTOne

GTOne Member

May 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man can't wait!!

profiled repped this.
  11. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Stolen from the LA Galaxy facebook page -

[​IMG]

barroldinho, Hushx, StillKickin and 2 others repped this.
  12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*ING HELL! I'm gonna be in the air on a BA flight to London during the game :( you think of all airlines to have freaking soccer on TV it would be BA! JetBlue does this so im kinda praying while we are over the USA that they will too, doubtful tho :( But if so I will be very annoying and loud ^ ^

13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Adam Serrano:

(On Landon Donovan moving to midfield in the season finale…)
    ARENA: “We haven’t made any decisions on how we’re going to pair our guys in the playoffs. There’s only one game, the last game, where you saw that. Landon’s been out for a while so we haven’t had that opportunity. We had the opportunity to play Edson with Robbie a little bit so we took advantage of that, but certainly as we attempt to move forward in this tournament there’s going to be plenty of times that we’ll see Landon and Robbie together and Edson and Robbie together.”

14. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are able to go online you can maybe stream the game on a laptop.

15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No chance of internet? I've watched matches from the air a few times via the internet though even when they have the connection it's often spotty.

16. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. mojoQ

mojoQ Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Arrillagaville
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We in San Jose know LD. He started out here. Some would say that he spent his best and certainly his most passionate years here. But the LD that you are praying for is long gone.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...dering-retiring-everton-snub-traveling-102412

Dream on.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  21. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not going to touch that bolded statement with a 10 foot pole cause it's just plain one-sided and oblivious.

As for the "long gone" piece, er, you have read this right?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...van-playmaker-still-charts?module=from_footer

And he did exactly this - while playing at 60% - just this past weekend.

Dream on.

Two can play at that game. And the numbers are on our side.

juniorLA and StillKickin repped this.
  22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Have we ever lost to Vancouver? I can't remember us losing so why start tonight?

23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where can I stream the match from? NBCSN doesnt seem to have a streaming option. Guess Ill try from a 3rd party if they have internet in the air. I'm flying business class on British Airways so i feel like they've gotta have it

24. forie

forie Member+

Sep 14, 2007
    Costa Mesa
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took me a minute to understand your definition of "passionate", but I think I figured it out. In other words, synonyms for your definition of "passionate" would be discontented, disgruntled, displeased, and dissatisfied. For example, LD was so passionate that he kicked SJ to the curb and hightailed it to sunny LA!

ragbone and phoenixhazard repped this.
  25. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gosh you reek of moron on so many levels. When have you ever heard LD have nice words to say about SJ since he left? His passion in life is kicking your ass again and again and again

ragbone repped this.