PBP: PIP: MLS Cup Playoffs Knockout Round; LA Galaxy vs. Vancouver Whitecaps; 11/1/12; 7:30 P.M. PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally felt it was a makeup call for what should have been a penalty in the first half. Really surprised they didn't show a replay.

Kilgore repped this.
  2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to get a laugh? Go read the Houston Dynamo fan's post in the Vancouver gameday thread.

Basically it's this: "Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. LA gets special treatment. Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh."

Making teams whine one day at a time. It's our job. Note: most of the Vancouver fans are classier than that.

JukeBox and generaladmissision18 repped this.
  3. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cry some more you tosser.

JukeBox and kaburu repped this.
  4. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jimenez looked like crap at RB when he played there in CCL, I don't know why Bruce thought he could hang in the MLS playoffs.

SJ will smoke Jimenez all night long if he plays there on Sunday. They won't let him off the hook like Vancouver did.

Berks repped this.
  5. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Sitting in GA with my young son, I'll say that we heard more profanity than I can recall at any prior game this season. The game meant something and everything seemed just a little more on edge. (Some good to that in terms of overall atmosphere, and some need for earmuffs....)

Also, got quite the chuckle from the guy who screamed a ref over a missed goalkick/cornerkick call that it was "the worst call ever." I can only hope that a call like that will be my worst call ever when I grab a whistle...... :)

6. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    It was so frustrating. We played so slowly all night, and seemed intent to give them time to get at least 8 field players behind the ball before we even thought about going forward. The game finally changed when we began to press offensively toward the end. I didn't see the final possession numbers but presume they were very high in our favor, but I kept thinking that Vancouver couldn't have been happier that we had the ball since we weren't doing anything with it anyway.

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still crying about the lights going out?! Like we planned that and did it on purpose?! Good grief, that guy must secretly be an Earthquake fan too.

JukeBox, Berks and COGalaxy repped this.
  8. generaladmissision18

Jul 29, 2011
    Highland park, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, sat in the ga and there was a lot of profanity, mostly because the ref managed to piss everyone off and the whitecaps stayed down for five minutes every time they got a grass stain

kaburu repped this.
  9. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Next time the lights go out it won't matter as the pitch will be amply illuminated by the three stars on our jerseys.

JukeBox, Berks, StillKickin and 3 others repped this.
  10. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I just went back to watch the penalty calls and noncalls, since I'm calm and think I can look at it in an unbiased manner finally.

I think the ref got each call right.

I couldn't bring myself to pause the game to review O'Brien's takedown of Landon in the box from Beckham's nice (on the ground) feed when I was watching it live. O'Brien was looking at Beckham, away from Landon, when he took him out, so either he is really good, or it was inadvertent contact which would have been a tough call.

On the PK, Landon was just getting past Bonjour, they were basically side by side. He has the size that he could have muscled Landon off the ball, but he brought his arm up and knocked him down. That was dumb. PK.

On Thorrington's chance, Sarvas made minimal contact on his shin and grazed him across the face. Neither one amounted to much. If Thorrington sold one of them a little better, he may have gotten a call, but he did a piss poor job, grabbing his face like he'd been bitten by a zombie, while diving like he'd gotten nailed by a sniper.

That is a tough task, taking on a team that is bunkering. I think they did fine. I'm just glad it didn't go to OT.

kaburu repped this.