PBP: PIP: MLS Cup 2012; LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo; 12/1/12; 1:30 P.M. PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Nov 20, 2012.

1. aircanada12

aircanada12 Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    those who aren't high on buddle (and I am one) just remember
    we won the cup last year starting Cristman, it could be worse

LETS GET THIS THING TOMORROW

Geneva and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know tailgating is frowned upon, but really, are they going to bust my balls tomorrow for trying to grill?

3. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last nights episode showed magic mike on the field with his kid... you can see me in the background waving the Magic Mike banner trying to get his attention...
    Sadly i didn't appear in the closing credits...

juniorLA repped this.
  4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at last year's final and, for some reason, I'm 10x more excited this time around. I guess because our road to this game was much more precarious this time around.

5. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say EF it man it's the final what are they gonna do tell you to put it out? Sure as hell can't stop you from going to the game with paid admission matter of fact they should man the grill for what parking is going to cost alone.

6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, but the tears of Houston fans falling out of the sky all day might stop your grill...

7. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just tell the houston fans that you prefer the salsa made in New York City.

8. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly, we have a canopy, if they ban burgers I'll just drink all the fireball im bringing

9. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think that would be plenty of time if you're using the shuttle.

Geneva repped this.
  10. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking from last years parking debacle. If you have nothing else to do prior, just get there early. It will save maybe 3 years on your life. Last year I wanted to take those parking wands and beat the attendants over the head with them... Honestly if I had a complaint about HDC it would be that. They are incredibly overwhelmed (in parking lot common sense) when a highly attended match comes to the HDC.

Geneva repped this.
  11. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, if you are going to park in the lots and not take the shuttle, then get there as early as you can. That said, I think that would be a HUGE mistake to do that (unless you were tailgating). The shuttles are fast, easy, work well. Last year's final was a breeze for me using the shuttle, avoided all the headaches and got home a great deal faster than I would have otherwise. Parking is a nightmare for normal games but for big games, it's simply intolerable and they have no idea how to manage egress. TAKE THE SHUTTLES.

12. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But at the time, Adam was our best option. That isn't the case with Buddle tomorrow.

Berks, WarGalaxy and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  13. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    And we didn't score until Donovan went up top.

One could make an argument to start Buddle for tactical reasons, with the plan of moving Landon up top, but I'd really like to see Keane and Donovan play together there for 90.

Berks, StillKickin, ragbone and 2 others repped this.
  14. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would've been nice if they'd mentioned the shuttles before selling me parking passes with my playoff plan.

16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    My thoughts as well. D.C. looked when playing quickly through the wings, if they had a decent forward they could have really pushed Houston in that return leg; once D.C. started lobbing hopeful long-balls Boswell & Taylor weren’t troubled.

Everyone keeps saying Houston is a much better team this year, and while true, I think we match-up even better than we did last year, especially if Robbie & Landon start up top. We went 60 minutes with Cristman and Robbie in 2011. You also have to think with Davis and Garcia in the line-up Houston isn’t going to just sit back for 70 minutes like last year which plays right in to our counter-attack.

If tomorrow were a league game I wouldn’t be concerned at all, being a Cup game is just too big a wild card though.

Geneva and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  17. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm anxious. I just want it to be game time. No more expert analysis, no more previews, no more Cup talk. Let's go it. I just hope I can remember that this is our last 90 mins of 2012 and enjoy every second.

Geneva, 7E23, ragbone and 1 other person repped this.
  18. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one have been defending Buddle all year long, and like you, I truly believe that he would have gotten the hat trick that Cristman squandered last year. However this year he has been more decoy man than finisher; and against this Houston we will need the Keane+LD pairing to start as they would make that backline do far more running than the Buddle+Keane pairing would. I believe Buddle should be the first sub at about minute 60+. I feel he would actually be more effective against Houston at that time as their backline would suddenly find itself way too tired to fight him in the air or to push him off the ball. Buddle has shown in the past few games that if he starts, he will stop running at about minute 65 due to tired legs. His new German muscle has caused him to not be able to be fully effective for 90 straight minutes, so its best to use him to attack a tired opponent.

Of course Bruce could always start him first and let him battle Houston's backline for 65 minutes which would still result in Houston becoming gassed. We could then send him off so LD can slide up top. (ie. The San Jose playoff battle) However, if you do this then you will have a tired LD and Keane up top for the rest of the game(still lethal but with longer build up time); and you have to rely on your wingers to really help in the attacks which can still work unless said winger has an off day. (IE. Chippen as a sub during these playoffs)

I say go with a very fast attack for 90+ minutes versus one that will can get slower as the game wears down. A Midfielder for Forward and then a Midfielder for Midfielder sub is the way to go this game.

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, the cup is at the same time as Atletico vs Real Madrid. wonder if thats gonna hurt the ratings

20. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and the last 90 for Beckham.
    Which is incredible to think about. I can't honestly thank him enough. I know many have questioned his heart or his willingness to be in MLS but in between the white lines the man is incredible. I still remember 2009 cup final, the guy couldn't walk, he took injections before and during halftime. he played 120 on turf and buried his PK.
    I remember seeing him the next morning basically hobbling through the farmers market in Seattle. I had so much respect for him that I didn't even bother him for a picture because I didn't want to create a scene cause he looked beat. Fast forward to Seattle again in the 2010 playoffs and the effort he displayed on playing a hard chasing defense after Buddle's wonder smash to preserve a 1-0 win.
    This guy has more money than we can imagine, he has won in the biggest of leagues, on the biggest stages, and yet he played his damn ass off for an MLS side day in and day out. And he didn't owe anything to anyone, he just loved playing. This guy has my respect and admiration as long as I live. I honestly can't fault him for trying to play with Milan to make another World Cup squad. ( I understand the contract obligations) I would rather focus that anger on the people that just assume that MLS is a piss poor global standard, basically forcing Becks to show his craft in a better league.
    and i haven't even gotten into his skill set yet....
    /end violin music

sanda, Finley, sdcastro137 and 3 others repped this.
  21. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Just the Eurosnobs who probably weren’t going to watch anyway. Don’t need em, don’t want em.

juniorLA, Dawdler and respite_cdd repped this.
  22. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tell ya one thing I don't give a good dag gommit what happens is spain tomorrow el classico, or the derby's, running of the bulls, playing with tomatoes on the street, or having everyone in one neighborhood build a tall az human tower I mean I don't care. To hell with european football tomorrow it's football here american style!

drew coho ohio, CDM76, Kilgore and 2 others repped this.
  23. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SEC championship game is on around the same time too. I'm sure there's some people (like me) who like watching all important championship games no matter what the sport. I was curious why ESPN scheduled this game to complete against college football, since ESPN really promotes college football Saturday. Plus this is the season ending final game for MLS, this game should be played in prime time on Saturday night. MLS should not be happy about this.

24. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They may need to re-lay the sod after this match.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  25. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I don't know which way this cuts. Saturday evening games usually get lower ratings than day games in all sports. Saturday night is a dead zone for TV programming.