PBP: PIP: MLS Cup 2012; LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo; 12/1/12; 1:30 P.M. PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Nov 20, 2012.

1. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah. Thought it was a doppleganger at first (didn't know he has a Twitter). But then he must has hired someone to write for him (the English language is too good and his tweets' words seem so...young). It's his words/tweets, either way.

2. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    I get the sense Landon & Robbie are homebodies and if they weren’t required to attend events for promotional purposes you’d hardly see them. Robbie in particular looks hugely uncomfortable and pissed off at the press conferences. His body language on Saturday’s conference was hilarious; arms crossed, sitting ramrod straight he clearly didn’t want to be there.

Also Kobe and Becks are Adidas so they’re likely to meet up – and Kobe’s favorite team is reportedly AC Milan

Berks, Topper and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  3. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This may be chiche, but it really is true.

Topper repped this.
  4. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All true... but Donovan is also a big Lakers fan, and he's done a series of comercials with Nash.

It's not really a big deal, and I suspect that your right about Becks being much more extraverted than Donovan or Keane. I just find it interesting.

Berks and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  5. JukeBox

JukeBox Member

Apr 14, 2008
    South East Asia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's more to do with Becks is a Laker's fan and he's been to almost all of their games since 6 years ago when he first moved to Stateside. And no, Kobe's favourite team is Barcelona.

6. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had an English buddy in Redlands that I used to go to Galaxy and USMNT matches with who was 6'8" and played basketball for Cardiff in college. He was a huge Celtics fan (Man U fan as well).

7. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kobe's favourite team growing up was AC Milan, because he lived in Italy. This apparently continued until 2010...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/06/28/kobe.bryant.nba.worldcup/index.html

Yet in December 2010, this was published...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/548164-barcelona-10-top-celebrity-fans-of-barca

So he's probably just a Glory Hunter.

Hachiko, JukeBox, socluis90 and 3 others repped this.
  8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Topper and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  9. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me be the first to congratulate Houston on winning the MLS Cup 2012 Stats!!!

When do they give out the trophy for that?

:):)

Hachiko, Berks, AmericanKaka and 6 others repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    P.S. There have been many games this season (especially some of those late games like vs. RSL) where we dominated the stats and still lost the game. So I'm fine with going the opposite direction for a change....

Hachiko, JukeBox, Topper and 2 others repped this.
  11. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! I guess that's what Boswell meant about dominating the game.

12. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    If this is just a dream it seems that it is a dream come true! Good times, bad times:
    I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
    Thank you all for supporting with me!!!
    -Steve L.
    get-attachment.jpg

JukeBox, Ghosting, Berks and 8 others repped this.
  13. GermanyFC

GermanyFC Member

Jul 14, 2008
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ask the question and don't post my own answer. I'd have to say the low point of the season for me was the blown 2-0 lead against the smurfs in the final 15 mins or so, at home. Lenhart started the comeback and Gordon finished it.

Hachiko and Topper repped this.
  14. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMAR. amirite? :)

Amazing to have won again. I wish I could have seen it in person (and I would have been a great deal dryer than last year!), but still enjoyed immensely. Strange that I never felt like we were going to lose, I felt like we'd always find a way to win this game.

But, wow, Omar. What a statement.

It will be sad that some players will be moving on, but I'm really looking forward to next year, to seeing what changes will come and how we deal with them.

Geneva, Topper and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  15. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone catch the picture on the Riot Squad's facebook page of Wondo holding the Riot Squad scarf? Priceless!

16. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]

17. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I have to say is WHAT A CRAZY SEASON. Great ending, total roller coaster, opposite of last year which felt like an inevitable march to the Cup. It's too bad this team is changing, because I think it's fair to say that when this particular team turned on the jets, it was the best team MLS has seen. Didn't manage to do if for more than about 45 minutes at a time all season long, but hey, when it was working, it was WORKING. I need a little time to recover from this before I start thinking about next season and a revamped team.

18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Houston has an excellent midfield and defense and that is why they were able to control possession, get more corner kicks, etc. despite playing on the road. The difference - and it is a big one - is we are so much more dangerous when we have the ball in the final third because of the quality of Keane, Donovan, Magee, Juninho, Becks, and this time the finishing ability of Omar. Almost all of our goals in the playoffs have come from superb passing and/or dribbling sequences. Houston can get the ball to the final third with regularity but then aren't very dangerous when they do.

Hachiko, StillKickin, Berks and 2 others repped this.
  19. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
  20. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Yeah, I didn’t mean to draw or imply any conclusions, I just found the stats interesting after watching the game at the stadium and again on replay. I would have definitely give Houston the better passing accuracy, we were atrocious in the first half, and maybe a slight edge in possession, but not a 20 point swing.

21. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I am really going to miss that Duo. Nobody could touch Becks and Lil Becks.

Hachiko and JukeBox repped this.
  23. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    ESPN earned a 0.7 overnight rating for MLS Cup. Lower than the third round of golf’s World Challenge on NBC (1.0)

If the Galaxy win the title and nobody sees it, did it really happen?

24. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really am over worrying about ratings. I was there, and it mattered to me. ******** the rest.
    No attack on you Crookeddy. I just don't think we need to worry about it, We got 50 million on a local deal so we are good. =)

Hachiko, Beirut and Topper repped this.
  25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some of that comes down to the circumstances towarss the end of the game. They needed to score, we needed to make sure that didn't happen. We start to sit back more, they get more of the ball as a result, they're taking more chances in terms of makingattacking plays, we're more economical with the ball and take fewer risks.

Let's call it the "Oh s**t, we're losing in the final twenty minutes of a KO game" Stat Bump.

Hachiko and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.