Phoenix FC General Info and News page

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Conductor

El Conductor Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Chattanooga
    Club:
    Chattanooga Football Club
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether they intend it or not, the majority of people who'll see it will be from outside the state of Arizona (unless they only play intra-state friendlies). And like you said, a date on the logo is usually the founding date. To do something else seems like an attempt to inject tradition where there isn't any.

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe Indy Eleven shouldn't have put that statue on their badge, because people outside Indiana don't know what it is and that's going to be the majority of the people who see it.

[​IMG]

And maybe the Strikers shouldn't have put the wave wall columns of Las Olas on their badge because people outside of Fort Lauderdale might not know what they are and the majority of the people who are going to see it aren't from Fort Lauderdale.

[​IMG]

And maybe Minnesota United shouldn't have put a loon on their identity because, really, why? The majority of the people who see it aren't going to be from Minnesota.

[​IMG]
    It ain't about where the majority of people who see it are going to be from.

It's about where the majority of people who are going to actually identify with the team are going to be from.

To be fair, nobody really cares what someone in Poughkeepsie, who's never going to buy a ticket, thinks about it.

(And, again, it's not to claim a tradition, it's in honor of the founding of the state. Which is what it is. I was not in favor of it, either, but they have 99 problems and "1912" ain't one. Mostly it's how much they have to do in a short time and how they have to erase what happened before.)

Matt117, JasonMa and Justin Z repped this.
  3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of the reaction I've seen to the badge has been positive. I think it would look better without the '1912', but at least they got rid of 'FC'. I never understood why American teams used 'FC' when most everyone in the US calls it soccer, not football.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Authenticity."

(It's posing. Talk about trying to create tradition where there is none. It's posing.)

And I would have hidden or sublimated the 1912, but, whatever, they asked me, I told them, they went that way, that's way down the list of challenges.

5. El Conductor

El Conductor Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Chattanooga
    Club:
    Chattanooga Football Club
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Straw man. The issue is numbers, not symbology. You admitted yourself that numbers in the logo typically mean the date the club was established. Trying to bring in symbols is outside the context of what I was saying and you know it. It seems like you agree with me their choice of using the date was dumb but you really want to argue w/ me on SOMETHING so you'll create some stupid position and attack that. Fine. Yes. Sure. That absurd position you're railing against is dumb. Let us know if you ever find someone who'll take it.

Justin Z repped this.
  6. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped for "symbology."

7. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet and SoccerPrime repped this.
  8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's amazing. It's the anti-burn bridges.

I just hope they have plenty of $ to do normal soccer things for the future.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States