Philippines[R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by xyz1000, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Philippines - Tajikistan 0-0 !

Great result for Philippines who had a man sent off in first half.

Tajikistan and Philippines have 4 points after two matches in AFC Challenge Cup.

Last match will decide who qualify for the finals , but they got a good chance :)

Philippines -Bhutan and Tajikistan - Brunei on May 17

2. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Thats a great result.

3. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    we are up to 170 in the FIFA rankings. WOOOO :rolleyes:

4. F.L.I.P.

F.L.I.P. Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Will Philippines ever be decent at soccer? is that even considered a possibility?

I know basketball is the most popular sport back home but soccer is a sport that we could be way more successful at.

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    3 months until ASEAN Championship qualifiers in Cambodia . Philippines still without a coach after Norman Fegidero resigned after AFC Challenge Cup in Iloilo, Philippines.

Many have been asking about Philippines NT jersey , one of the rarest in the world :) A few jerseys still available for sale on www.pinoysoccer.com

6. S0CC3R H3AD

S0CC3R H3AD New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Some where ;]
    was up wid the FlIp squad How they doing in qualifying i dont hear much about them are they still in the race for 2010??:confused:

7. stryker889

stryker889 New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Philippines decided not to enter World Cup Qualifying for 2010. They just focus on the smaller regional tournaments like ASEAN Cup 2009, a group qualifying round is slated later this year against the weaker teams of Southeast Asia . They also tried to qualify for Asian Challenge cup this summer, this is also for the weaker ranked teams of Asia, but lost out on the qualifying spot to Tajikstan on goal differential. Philippines did get 2 wins & a draw.

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    The Philippine Football Federation (PFF) confirmed the arrival of Joseph Blatter on August 2, the day the Fifa president will lead the inauguration of the new PFF headquarters.

And the day the PFF said it will launch what it calls the Philippine Premier League.

“The visit of Mr. Blatter and [Asian Football Confederation president Mohamed bin] Hammam is also timely because they will see the PFF’s commitment to boosting Philippine football with our launch of the Premier League, a tournament that will kick off a month after we open the Football House," PFF president Jose Martinez Martinez said in the weekly Philippine Sportswriters’ Association Forum held Tuesday at Shakey’s UN Avenue.

The league will reportedly feature seven of the country’s top soccer teams and it may usher in a revival of interest in a sport most consider as the world’s most popular.

“We see this league as a launching pad of raising the profile of Philippine football overseas since the Premier League champion will represent the country in the Asian Club championships," he added. – GMANews.TV

9. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Do U knw which r the 7 teams

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

No idea , hopefully not only Manila based clubs.

11. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How much will losing the top PR lady for the PFF hurt?

I hope they replace those corrupt/lazy people she was referring to when she quit.

12. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because only 7 teams ?

13. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Why , sorry dont know, there are also not much news yet about this, Im sure we will now more next month. check pinoysoccer.com

14. Fahad Ns

Fahad Ns Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Philippines has a very good talents, the future is Philippines

15. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    "PFF president Mari Martinez Wednesday said they are eyeing seven Manila-based teams to join the initial staging of the league, which will be expanded in the Visayas and Mindanao next year and will culminate with a national championship, drawing the winners from the three legs.

With the inception of the Filipino Premiere League, Martinez said he will propose to the AFC that the country be given a slot in the prestigious AFC Club Championships for the first time."

good stuff. cant wait to see us in the AFC Champions League

16. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does mean that if in this season there will be only 7 team, in the next season they can become even 21 ?

17. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    But Philippines clubs will play in AFC Champions League or in AFC Cup?

18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    No , it will be AFC President`s Cup.

19. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    booo, oh well, its a start

20. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I think starting a league in the PI will help, I really want the PFF to start to focus on the international scouting aspect. With so many OFW's there could potentially be hundreds (if not thousands) of eligible kids overseas who may want to represent the motherland. They should also provide incentives for these guys to come back and play. I'm not talking about giving them money to choose the PI but helping them with airfare and other travel expenses when playing or training.

21. stryker889

stryker889 New Member

Aug 18, 2004
  22. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are there other news ?

23. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what Olympic sports are the Philippines competing on? I saw they had a few athletes in their delegation..:confused:

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    there is track field but unforutnaley the two didnt make it to the next round. swimming boxing and shooting. there is only 8 players in beijing a medal seems cludy to me.

25. stryker889

stryker889 New Member

Aug 18, 2004