Philippines[R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by xyz1000, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyz1000

xyz1000 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    Re: Phillipines[R]

Congratulations to the Azkals. On to the Asean finals!

2. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey

the Philippines just needs the team to start winning and the country will be behind them, look at manny pacquaio(sp?) the boxer, hes getting pretty famous now, and everyone in the Philippines loves him. just hope this will happen for the football team

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

"The Filipino booters leave for Singapore on Jan. 5 to play three tune-up matches against Singapore Olympic and Asean Championship-bound squads, before flying to Thailand on Jan. 9. "

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2007/January/03/sportnews2.htm

Saturday, 6 January 2007 : Olympic National Under-21 vs Philippines @ Jalan Besar Stadium, 5.00pm

Sunday, 7 January 2007 : Singapore National Team vs Philippines @ Choa Chua Kang Stadium, 7.30pm

Monday, 8 January 2007 : Young Lions Under-23 vs Philippines @ Jalan Besar Stadium, 7.00pm

http://www.balestierkhalsafc.com/

4. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

Philippine Football Team coach Aris Caslib is still hoping for a change of heart from top striker Philip Younghusband.

Doubts over his future with London-based squad Chelsea have compelled the 19-year-old Younghusband to skip the eight-nation biennial tournament and, instead, concentrate on his football career in England. "Phil scored six goals in qualifying and that speaks a lot of his quality as a player," Caslib said, referring to Younghusband, the top scorer in the Asean Qualifiers in Bacolod, whose contract with Chelsea ends in May.

Despite Younghusband's impending absence, Caslib remained upbeat over the nationals' chances in the Asean Championships that starts Jan. 12 when the Philippines battles Malaysia at the Supchalasai Stadium in Bangkok.

Three-time winners Thailand play the Filipinos on Jan. 14, before Myanmar tests the RP XI two days later at the Army Stadium.

The return of former national players Alvin Valeroso --- who scored two goals in last year's Asian Challenge Cup in Bangkok --- and fleet-footed Arnie Pasinabo, a natural striker who can also play right wing, have given Caslib reason to be optimistic.

Former La Salle goalkeeper Archie Bayquin is also fighting for a spot in the team.

The national coach said the core of the 18 players who helped the Philippines advance are also set to return for another call of duty.

Among them are midfielders James Younghusband and Chris Greatwich, who will join the team only in Bangkok because he is currently trying out with professional clubs in England. Ali Rojas-Go is also part of the team.

The Filipino booters leave for Singapore on Jan. 5 to play three tune-up matches against Singapore Olympic and Asean Championship-bound squads, before flying to Thailand on Jan. 9.

Meanwhile, Philippine Football Federation president Johnny Romualdez yesterday said he has yet to receive word from the Asean Football Federation on the status of the Bangkok leg of the tournament, following the spate of bombing incident that happened shortly before New Year's Eve at the Thai capital. *CPT

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2007/January/03/sportnews2.htm

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Vamos Filipinas! :D

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    January 4, 2007) - Philippines Men’s National Team Head Coach Aris Caslib has selected the 22 players that will play in the ASEAN Football Championship in Bangkok, Thailand.

Captain Aly Borromeo headlines the Philippines contingent. Also in the squad are Alvin Valeroso, who tallied two goals for the Philippines in the inaugural AFC Challenge Cup that was held in Bangladesh, and 2006 Men’s National Open MVP Arnie Pasinabo, who played for the Philippines U-23 in last year’s South East Asian Games.

The Azkals leave for Singapore on Jan. 5 to play tune-up matches against Singapore Olympic Team, Singapore National Team and the Young Lions U-23, before flying to Bangkok, Thailand on Jan. 9.

The Philippines was drawn into Group A for the ASEAN Football Championship along with Thailand, Myanmar and Malaysia. The Philippines plays their opening match against Malaysia on January 12 before meeting Thailand on January 14 and then finishing off group play against Myanmar on January 16.
    ROSTER BY POSITION

Goalkeepers (3): Louie Michael Casas, Archie John Bayquin, Alvin Ray Montañez

Defenders (6): Alexander Charles Borromeo, Anton Edward Del Rosario, Philip Carlo Greatwich, Alvin Rafael Ocampo, Johanne Pietro Sablon, Jan Michael Benedicto

Midfielders (9): Henry George Brauner, Emelio Caligdong, Andres Crisanto Gonzales, Christopher Robert Greatwich, Jeffrey Liman, James Joseph Younghusband, Ariel Zerrudo, Mariano Louie Armand Del Rosario, Jerome Orcullo

Strikers (4): Ali Bernard Rojas-Go, Arnie Pasinabo, Dan Padernal, Mark Alvin Valeroso

http://www.philfootball.info/news010407.html

7. blue_3

blue_3 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    GO AZKALS GO!!!

first 4 game wion streak in a LOOONG while! :D

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Yesterday :

Singapore Olympic - Philippines NT 0-1, Ali Borromeo score

9. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  10. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Hard Luck Philippines, hope they can do better in the tournament.

When is my favourite (Laos) going to play a friendly?

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Im not sure if they play any friendly before they play ASEAN Championship.

12. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    why are we called the Azkals?

im filipino and i dont even know

13. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Azkals = Street dogs

Chosen by members of philfootball

14. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    ahh yes i got it now, i asked my mom

ASONG KALYE

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Philippines starting 11 against Malaysia today :

Casas
    Phil Greatwich
    Johanne Sablon
    Ali Borromeo (C)
    Anton del Rosario
    James Younghusband
    Ariel Zerrudo
    Jeff Liman
    Anto Gonzales
    Chris Greatwich
    Dan Padernal

Same team as in friendly against Singapore except Zerrudo replacing Caligdong.

Match start in 25 mins !

16. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    How do you follow the match jonny? On futbol24.com and on goalzz don´t appear the live result.

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  18. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Philippines lost 4-0 , 2-0 by half time. Own goal (3-0) Anton del Rosario

19. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    1/12/2007
    A
    MALAYSIA 4 Hairuddin Omar 8th, 80th, Mohd Nizaruddin Yusof 16th, Anton del Rosario 70th, og
    vs
    PHILIPPINES 0

SUPHACHALASAI STADIUM​

20. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    So in this Centennial year of Filipino soccer, have they bothered to do anything right?

Not even making an attempt to qualify for the World Cup is embarassing.

Have they hired a manager?

Have they done anything to build upon the relative successes of the Tiger Cup and Challenge Cup?

Simply pitiful, unfortunately.

21. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    There is no need for a manager for the NT when they are not going to play any matches this year :mad:

They were preparing for SEA Games with the U23 team but they dont seem to be participate there.

No Philippines teams in ASEAN U17 and U20 Championships , the future dont look good....

Women`s NT is better . They will start playing in ASEAN Championship in Myanmar on Friday and will also play in SEA Games in Thailand.

22. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Well, I'd have to politely disagree with you in terms of not needing a manager.

A manager can utilize the time between competitions developing contacts worldwide. That is, to scout or as-yet undiscovered RP-eligible talent. [Joshua Alcala, for example @ Crystal Palace USA has a much more impressive resume than Henry Brauner.]

Or to develop networks of people who could help find RP-eligible players. [This is one of the means that enabled the US to take a leap forward in soccer in the '90s, by the way.]

Or to hold tryouts in various locations, both inside and outside the Philippines. [There are ~20M Fil-Ams in the US, plus another ~2 to 5M Fil-Canadians in Canada, for example.]

Or to contact professionals in various leagues worldwide that have RP-eligibility, so as to make use of their contacts. [Even if the DeGuzman brothers won't play for the Philippines, they might know of some players that are better than Ali Go or might complement Borromeo. Even if Nick Rimando stupidly took a cap with the USA, maybe he has some brothers or cousins that are better than Leigh Gunn or played at a higher level than Gunn, for example.]

Or to learn the latest managerial techniques from the best in the business, both in terms of club and national team management.

Or to go on a fundraising drive, both inside and outside the Philippines so as to support the activities of the FA.

What with the purported ASEAN league possibly on its way, a national team manager should be MORE active, not less active.

In sum, it is thoroughly embarassing that they didn't even TRY to qualify for the World Cup. But it is even moreso a slap in the face of the players and the fans that they apparently have no vision, no plans for the future of the programs. The FA have wasted a golden opportunity to help take a giant leap forward in the game.

23. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm Mexican and I am dating a philipina, and she wanted me to come in and check if her parents country had anything going in soccer, and I guess they do (somewhat..):D

Keep the passion going... Love soccer:cool:

24. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    So you just like Jonny63. His girl friend is a Filipino too. :)

25. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I would be the next logical step here....I am the product of a Mexican Dad and Filipina Mom....

That being said I think it would be easy to lure some Fil's-abroad to play for the PNT, especially if they have no chance of playing for their other countries NT. I believe there are a few fil-am's with the US u-17 or u-18 teams. Not sure if they are PI citizen's though.