Philadelphia Union to Hold Troubling Chick-Fil-A Giveaway

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Tyr, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are not you the guy who is consistently complaining that others do not read your posts, hmmmm.........

billf repped this.
  2. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

However, a great many liberals who seek to give this community their rights are actively taking mine away as we speak
    Your move.

However, a great many liberals who seek to give this community their rights are actively taking mine away as we speak
    Yup. Straight white men are an endangered species.

3. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, they are. By 2100, this country will be majority Hispanic and white people actually WILL be a diminishing minority.

You're right. We shouldn't waste time talking about Chik-Fil-A. Too many important things are going on right now in the world. We should follow your lead and spend this precious time highlighting the real troubles of our society. Like the nationwide scourge of people trying to deface and/or remove writing on free promotional items they receive at sporting events.

aztec21bas repped this.
  4. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even I would not reccomend that! ;)

You assume that I am straight? Do you know what happens when you assume? Well not so much me anyway.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why regurgitate his post, when yours is the one that makes no sense?
    If I'm understanding Brad's post, and my reading comprehension may be a bit weak this dreary Monday (so please bear with me), here's my take:
    • The liberals are giving the LGBT community rights for equality, same-sex marriage, etc.
    • These same liberals are taking away some of the rights that Brad feels he has.
    • Where does he state that marriage equality is affecting any of his rights?
    Checkmate, mate.

In other words, marriage equality isn't taking away any of his rights, he feels that the Democrats are. See the difference?

6. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't the mod be a mod and say something like, I dunno, "Hey, this type of discussion does't really have a place on a soccer forum. Everyone cut it out."

G-Ho Blue repped this.
  7. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not necessarily the Democrats. I would have used the word "politicians" instead.

Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Not being a moderator and all, I would think that sometimes a figurative bitch slap is in order for some folks.

Besides, Dills did already actually do what you thought should be done.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not the boss of me.

Doop, amusiccale, jaykoz3 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Making vague statements about "liberals" who want to infringe upon your "rights" only invites others to ask what in the hell you're talking about. It's not clear what any of this has to do with the Union (or even the stupid Chick-fil-A promotion).

onehandedtyr repped this.
  10. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Considering the previous post was about the LGBT community, and he is saying these same liberals are taking away his rights, my post is still applicable.

How are liberals taking his rights again? You glossed over that without explaining it. You can't just make this statement out of thin air without evidence.

I doubt an LGBT individual would post "I fully support the LGBT community and their efforts to be able to live the way that makes them happy" considering it is their own community.

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you're finally catching on. He is saying these same liberals are taking away his rights. Nowhere did he say marriage equality is doing that. I'm guessing you don't see the difference.

I'll try and boil it down some more:

Liberal =/= marriage equality

A liberal may support it, be a huge proponent of it, but a liberal is not it. In other words, marriage equality is not taking away his rights. Please tell me I don't have to explain it yet again.
    I dunno, it was HIS statement, why don't you ask him. I can't explain what other people are thinking, present company included, but I can poke holes and show that irrelevant connections and relationships are irrelevant.

12. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So we are arguing semantics rather than the actual meaning of the post? I can't ask for clarification regarding a ridiculous statement?

EDIT:
    So do you think a great many liberals are trying to take his rights?

William Penn repped this.
  13. UnionDues

UnionDues Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how everyone feels about the Union's partnership with Verizon now that the extent of its involvement with the NSA's Stasi surveillance program has been exposed?

14. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all need a timeout on this topic ... again.

WVUPharm2007, Doop, urchin and 2 others repped this.