"Petrol Money Can't Buy Me Love" - El BienvenISCO Al Mejor Club Del Mundo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Time for him to take over the Di Maria's midfield spot.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No

3. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WTF

-Fifth CharM- and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow. I love this man. All I gotta say.

5. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Isco was excellent, tonight seemed to be a culmination of getting the message regarding what Ancelotti wants from him but I'm still not sure if playing him in this role gets the best out of him now or going forward.

temesgen, raven3k and Eddie repped this.
  6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, he was solid. Think his work ethic tonight really helped the team.

temesgen repped this.
  7. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I just don't think we bought him for his "work ethic" though :(

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, many players have had to round out their games a bit to fit in. He seems to be doing just that so I'm going with it.

9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, but I also think in phases when we're struggling to hold on to the ball like we were at times tonight his composure and skill on the ball makes him a tremendous asset in that position. It can be the difference between merely punting the ball clear and playing it out of the back and creating a real chance on the counter.

natenate101 repped this.
  10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Indeed, Di Maria and Oezil are prime examples of that and developing this aspect of his game can only help him and the team I just hope it's not a longterm thing is all.

RMSocrates and natenate101 repped this.
  11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MOTM today. Hard to say after how everyone played really great games but he worked his ass off while also playing the ball well out of defense. Started the moves for both goals today when another player wouldve booted the ball up. Xabi seemed to recognize too. This dude has gotta start from now on lol.

temesgen and Zidane05 repped this.
  12. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Alonso seems to have taken a special liking to Isco, not just tonight but throughout the whole season, that can only lead to good things.

13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is actually one of my fears. I don't want us going into the offseason thinking that we can be ok without Di Maria if Isco develops in his midfield role

14. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Jeez i wish we could play Jese, Bale, Ronaldo, Modric, Isco, Di Maria all at the same time.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ISCO vs Barcelona CdR :

9/12 successful tackles : Maximum for any player in all 3 clasicos combined this season.
    4 Key Passes
    3 Interceptions
    36 passes with 92% completion
    1/3 dribbles

16. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Brutal! :cool:

17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he was amazing! so happy for this kid, and he's only 21.

Zidane05 repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was phenomenal. We don't need him to play that kind of role every game, and there will certainly be a lot more games where he plays in a more advanced, less restrained role, but we need to know that we can rely on him in this role in these games. Very, very impressed; well done.

Aimar 21, temesgen, Akramzizou and 2 others repped this.
  19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I love the most about his game yesterday is it was a big occasion and he lived up to it. Many times really big players just dont understand the magnitude of games like this or simply flop under the pressure but he was fighting for every ball, you'd think he was a canterano since he was 8.

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    he showed a lot of maturity last night, very calm on the ball which is to be expected but he worked his butt off and tried to put the team first instead of doing it on his own. He's grown up quite a bit this year, I want to see him play further up the pitch but he is showing that he can play deeper.

Lyra and Zidane05 repped this.
  21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll take Isco and his future career over Neymar no questions. Isco is just as talented & a much classier human being! So happy for this kid he looked so happy yesterday during the celebrations.

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    He is learning what it means to wear this shirt I will say that, remember the Levante game before the Ronaldo game winner? After Ronaldo scored the camera showed the reaction of the bench, every single canterano was on their feet, urging the team on....Iker, Nacho, Dani, etc. while Isco and Petey were just sitting their in wide eyed wonderment not sure what to do. I remember saying during the game that they would "learn" and Isco showed it yesterday in his performance and even Petey whose introduction was an afterthought ran onto the pitch clapping and encouraging his teammates, it was great to see.

23. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sometimes it's nice to see stats that indicate your eyes aren't fooling you and you're not quite as stupid as you think you might be.

24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    earlier i doubted that isco has some chance go with squad to WC. but now, especially when Thago is injured, imo with this form he has more chances

25. ozil_express

ozil_express Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know what makes me happy about Isco? He was a Barca/Messi fan before we snatched him. And look at how he played with heart yesterday, tearing them apart and outshining Messi.