Petraeus Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Minnman, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    Unfathomable

Dyvel, crazypete13, billreeves and 4 others repped this.
  2. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, but he's right. It was a situation tailor-made for indiscretions. (Or, as one commenter I saw somewhere recently said, "indescrepancies.")

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    General groupies...that is quite sick.

Petraeus was poking his rifle around multiple women apparently. Psycho biographer was mad at another goomah who was scared enough to call the FBI. Shows complete lack of discretion and we're lucky national security wasn't compromised by this old horndog.

4. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...department-military-liaison-article-1.1200299
    Well, apparently he was keeping it all in-house. Broadwell is in the reserves, Kelley active duty.
    Much like the leader, whose job it is to convince everyone that they are his likely successor, the job of a philanderer is to keep every woman convinced that she is his main squeeze, even when he's married.
    Would have been even better, were her married name Broadgood, or Bedwell.
    I've read that his wife was the daughter of the superintendent of West Point, during his years there. Marrying the boss's daughter is often a tactical career move.
    Really? Or just when they are openly revealed? Much like DADT.
    Everywhere that men & women are together, there will be sex. That's human nature. The only thing that surprises me, is when people are surprised by this.
    Years ago, I had to attend a seminar about sexual misconduct in the workplace. Looking around the room, I knew that one-third of the attendees were having or had had affairs within the office!

5. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
  7. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot enough for a 60 yo dude. The general has a type: Fit, brunette, possessing a bustline... horny old bastard.

THOMA GOL repped this.
  8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  9. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  10. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. If you're an officer and you get busted for adultery - especially with a subordinate - your career is over. You probably won't be forced out, but youre done as far as promotions and command assignments go. If it happens when you're in command, you're going to be relieved of command.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    That doesn't mean that it does not happen every day, or that it is not an open secret within many commands. There were obviously many gay officers in the military, who managed to survive without being outed or discharged. There are obviously many heterosexual officers in the military, who carry on with others, including subordinates, despite the risks.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ex-misconduct-adultery-with-subordinates?lite
    Commanders can also pay the price for actions by subordinates:
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cour...cle_7563fdb4-98f7-5882-8c63-a645480c528a.html
    Anyone believe that these practices began in 2010?

Couldn't find the scene where he jumps her.

12. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  13. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So yeah, his type:
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...la_broadwell_why_did_an_accomplished_and.html
    The key to this initial attraction was probably not sexual but rather biographical. Broadwell had once been a West Point cadet, like Petraeus. She'd had training as a parachutist, as he Petraeus in his youth.* She was obsessed with physical fitness, especially running, as was Petraeus. In short, regardless of gender, Broadwell was exactly the sort of aspiring officer-intellectual that Petraeus was keen to mentor.

14. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You say this, as if it's a bad thing.
    Doesn't hurt that she's phyically attractive, and willing to bone him in a war zone.
    "Darling, I fanatasize about you floating through the air, wrapped in silk, making a soft landing on my me, under my desk! ... Say something intelligent!"
    "Ooh, general! Help me expound on my dissertation! Let us share the secrets of our Daily Intelligence Briefings."
    "Slower, darling! I'm going to blow my security clearance!"

Dyvel repped this.
  15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    People around Petraeus should've said "she seems smart, but she's never written a book before." Red flag #1.

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    They did. And Petreus raised it with her. And she responded "there's a first time for everything, wink wink nudge nudge". And that's how Petreus ended up getting fired.

17. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Fixed, just because I felt like taking an unsolicited shot at SarAmerica today. ;)

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am just going to believe the good General was tapping both sisters at the same time.

[​IMG]

19. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    Despite their scoliosis? Stand-up guy.

Chris M. and Umar repped this.
  20. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, ... what?

She ended it with him? And he pursued her with endless emails?

And then she started harassing some other woman with anonymous emails, because she thought this other woman was getting too close to him? And that's when the other woman alerted the FBI?

So the CIA has been brought to a screeching halt because they're all in Junior High?

Is Eric Holder now going to step down from Justice because he's being bullied by Leon Panetta?

soccernutter, Barbara, chaski and 2 others repped this.
  21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Hilarious.

22. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Henry Kissinger proven correct again--Petraeus is short, old, not that rich or particularly good looking.

Broadwell's husband--a smart, successful doctor, well-off ($1M home), athletic, decent-looking family man taking care of the kids when mom's away. What more could a woman want, right?

Dyvel repped this.
  23. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I'd do him.

(Although he's a bit blonde; I'd probably secretly be thinking of Julian Castro.)

24. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  25. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing isn't it. The right wing conservatives really started running with that immediately, particularly on Facebook.