Petition asking the Revs to improve the product

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jul 7, 2010.

1. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Over the past two years, the team’s on-field performance has been dramatically declining. It is clear to us that no one has a plan or is making any efforts to turn this team around.

Therefore, we call on the Revolution organization to take the major steps needed to ensure we have a team that is a viable cup contender next season. We also call on you to provide the means and staff to successfully evaluate the talent needed to once again make the New England Revolution one of the leading franchises in Major League Soccer.

The transfer window opens July 15th, we expect to see high level players who can make an immediate impact to the quality of this team signed. If there are no satisfactory signings we expect to see a statement from the highest levels of this organization explaining why, acknowledging the problems that exist and putting forth a clear detailed plan regarding how they will be solved. This must happen by the next League home game August 7th. If neither of these occur than the fans will take it upon themselves to take further actions to fully make clear our anger and disappointment with this organization.

2. pwykes

pwykes Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Auburn, MA
    Shanary - I like that much better, thanks

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too, can someone print out the sheets? That should be fun to get sigs in the pouring rain. :)

4. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Anything more on the petition? Was it passed around pre-match against LA or Pumas?

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, never had them printed up in time for LA, and I knew there'd be 200 people at the game last night. I still don't know if we fully decided on the wording.

6. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either somebody should make an executive decision about the wording, or start a new thread with a poll asking for people's opinion about the best wording.

7. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today is the 15th...

I motion that this is what we use!! =)

8. Coach_Barry

Coach_Barry Member

Aug 18, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second the motion only for the purpose of bringing this to a conclusion.

Sorry to be the piss in the Cheerios, but I really don't see any of this accomplishing anything other than perhaps setting Fort/FO relations back a few years.

I'm pissed off and frustrated too, but a little reality goes a long way.

I see a small group running around the parking lot on ...what? Tuesday the 20th with the smallest crowd all season - 90% of whom will have no idea what you are talking about. Or maybe wait until August 7th with the close of the transfer window in sight. Then the petition will be moot anyway as whatever signing might be done will either have or have not been done already.

A group already dismissed by Kraft, Inc as a fringe group of rabid soccer fans with fantasies of Eurosoccer in America will deliver the petition to...someone who will likely say thanks for your concern and promptly bin it.

What I doubt will happen is that a petition with a scary number of signatures will be handed to Bob Kraft who will promptly have an epiphany and empty his secret Revs reserve account bringing in our next savior(s) who will fill the stadium and lead the Revs to a dynasty.

When you are the little guy at school, you don't announce that you are going to beat up the biggest guy in school and challenge him to a fair fight. Everyone laughs and you get your ass kicked anyway. You (the little guy) have one shot and you nail the big guy with a bat when he least expects it. Then you pray. In our case, we pray that the Revs FO don't decide the Fort is more trouble than we are worth.

Our one shot was to have a visible public statement at the very next home game. Instead, we spent 2 weeks arguing about what color shirt to wear. Maybe timing worked against us with the low attendance and visibility of SuperLiga matches. But you have to play the hand you are dealt.

Honestly, IMO, it's too late. The transfer window is upon us. (Which means a rewrite of the petition). SuperLiga undercuts our access to fans and media. Now we are the little guy with no bat.

Yeah, I know, ******** me. Sorry, but I think we missed our chance to play the weak hand we had.

I'll sign the petition. Come find me when its printed.:(

9. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree.

I don't belong to a supporter's group. My season tickets used to be in the morgue...Loved the seats, hated the atmosphere. I used to make my way to the fort in the second half of games just to feel a little connection. Hate the fort seats and am really jealous of the BravaBrava in DC! But, I also realize you gotta put the SG's somewhere.

In any case..yea, the real time was to have done something at the LA game. We all know now that the Pharaoh's son was watching the game on some TV on the Cape..Would have been perfect to show something. Granted the time was short..but the will was there for many people to probably have followed whatever was decided.

Is the time gone? Perhaps. Can this "Protest" come to fruition? Possibly. Will there be a backlash from the FO against the SG's...I really don't know. I don't know the specifics of any agreement that is made with the FO.

Would they be pissed if the entire fort walked into the game and began by being really loud and cheering wildly..and then right after the kickoff whistle..quietly made for the exits and went back to their tailgate for the duration of the game? Would that be enough of a statement??? Would there be solidarity??? Would even people in the morgue do that, after seeing the entire fort walk out???
    Would the TV crew make note of it??

What if the Revs played the best game in their history?? Would you kick yourself for missing it??

IS there a way to let fans know before the next home game??? Would the casual fan care??? Most people wouldn't want to spend 50 bucks to bring the fam to a game and walk out after the kickoff.

We don't even know if most of the Revs fans even care to protest?

But, what matters is..Do the hardcore fans care?

10. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    BUMP:

So how did this petition turn out? lmfao

Time to boycott.

11. kazakal28

kazakal28 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Weymouth
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

/troll

12. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

You know, I never checked the date, so I thought this thread was current :eek: heh...

13. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nope. Different year. Same shit team.