Percpective Analysis | The Mexican National Team

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by JohnnyFutbol, Oct 19, 2013.

1. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  3. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Every ounce of matter that resides in me knows we will beat New Zealand.

But when i start thinking about it, this disgusting thought keeps popping into my head - the thought thats at the back of all of our minds, and it over powers any good vibes i have regarding the match.

Realistically, what would happen if the unbelievable happens?

El Mariachi and LGRod repped this.
  4. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They would lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars like other articles have stated and hopefully completely change the heads of the FMF. Hopefully they would start investing money in things that benefit our guys like better psychologists, trainers(weights and such) etc etc instead of trying to make a quick buck from stupid commercials and meaningless friendlies. I still can't believe they thought it was a good idea to have a friendly against the USA in the Azteca.

El Mariachi and LGRod repped this.
  5. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Think you missed an s there brosef. Or were you going for "objective" ?

The leagues use and development of youth players needs to change. Most of the legwork in developing and scouting players near/far has been the youth national teams.

All the wheeling and dealing (kickbacks possibility) has me convinced this is the reason directivos lean on their transfer from abroad.

6. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you have any clear examples of this?

7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes there is the case of the Cruz Azul directivo that was caught embezzling money a few years back. And there is the whispers of asking youth players for a "kickback" to get debuted.

Nestor in his statements post-FMF stint has stated there is a problem with the youth players transitioning to the senior teams of their clubs. He didn't have an answer for this.

He says he showed the club owners how much cheaper it was to develop teams of players than buy foreigners because at first their was resistance to even implement the u17 and u20 leagues. Mexico has now moved to include u13 and u15 leagues.

You have to ask yourself why the players are failing to make this transition though. Why are the team spots continually owned by mediocre foreigners? Why do they stay past their sell-date and then naturalize to further occupy a team spot so another foreign transfer can occur?

8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Technically the rich guy in the picture is a meme.

Narc83 repped this.
  9. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Eriksson slams “absurd” El Tri setup in new book

[​IMG]

"It was absurd," he writes. "I could not report to several different people who all had different interests. I'd always been clear that I wanted to report to one person ... but that's not how it works in Mexico.

"[Mexicans] were very polite, which is something that stood in stark contrast to the negative image of Mexico that is generally broadcast around the world," writes Eriksson.

10. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How would you intergrate the Euros with Piojos lineup?

For me.

-----------------------------Memo
    Layun-------- Moreno -----Reyes------- Rafa-------- Guardado
    -----------Gio-------------- Pena------------- Montes
    ------------------------Oribe -
    ----------------------------Jimenez

11. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Memo
    Layun - Moreno - Rafa - Reyes - Guardado
    Gullit - Medina - Gio
    Vela - Oribe

The 3-5-2 would allow Gio to not have to worry as much about defending and crossing since that is what the carrileros do. He would have the freedom to do what he does best, which is attack and link up with the other attackers. I would love to see Guardado master his right the way that Layun has mastered his left. And flipping them makes their lethal shots a huge concern for defenses.

Oribe has been Mexico's best player for 2 years and deserves for the offense to built around him. Vela is the wild card, obviously. Piojo has already made indirect contact with him, and has given him what stars crave - positive attention.

12. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I could definitely live with that line up.

Guardado has been one dimensional for a while now, hopefully Piojo will experiment with him and Layun in the upcoming friendlies next year.

And i still wish Guti Estrada would get a call to see what he can do - if he plays the way hes capable of, that RWB will be a toss up. It would do a lot of good for Layun to have some stiff competition.

Im excited for next years friendlies, yes - they might not be against the sexy teams but i would really like to see Piojos call ups with out the pressure of qualifying.

That is if the complete melt down of the century doesnt occur.

13. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    would put Chaton and Herrera in place of Gio/Medina. replace vela with Gio up top and we've got ourselves stew..

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is Piojo even going to be officially coaching the NT after tomorrow? because we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves with possible lineups under his system if he's not even for sure going to continue

hell, the FMF even said that Piojo, or any other coach for that matter, will be in attendance for the WC draw next month

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  15. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah Mexico doesn't have the backline for the salida Lavolpiana. Especially, if you plan to stick with old man Rafa, slow ass Hector and out of form because he's benched Diego Reyes.

And the alternatives, Topo, Hugo Ayala, Maza ain't cutting it either.

Good luck.

LGRod repped this.
  16. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Araujo.