"Pep, please don't renew!" - The Other Teams thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    That goal Ronaldo scored today looked amazingly like atleast 150 or more Messi has scored in his career. What a world of "genius" opens up when all you have to do is make a diagonal pass and recieve a perfectly placed ball to push past the keeper and tap in.

This makes him better than Pele now right?

MOD: EDIT OUT
    IF you have anything against a user in any forum say it to their face and not in our OTT.

2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we remain both the all-time points leader and also the longest consecutive games held? That's awesome; only wish Lyon was still alive in Europe - perhaps they could lose it to Marseille, who lose it to Bayern who bring it to Allianz Arena themselves or via Real Madrid. That would mean we could play for two cups at once.

3. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Mallorca becomes an absolute MUST-win on Saturday. no excuses about having no full-backs, we've just got to get the job done, and close the gap to 3 points., even if only for a couple of hours.

I really wish LPB were at San Mames on Saturday with those suspensions.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not quite. Needs to score another 149 like that. Get back to me on that, will ya?

5. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    HAHHAHAHAH I fooking love you.
    So mad that Messi is SO much better loooool

6. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Im not gonna lie the red card to Ozil seemed pretty unwarranted, but then again there were not images of what was said on T.V.

Other than that, Its just a little taste for them of what had to went through the whole season.

6 POINTS!

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, a tougher opponent could've really used that to get somewhere, but I don't see Sociedad getting any points in Madrid. Also Real Sociedad suffered it's own red card - Gorka Urkola - but he is not a regular starter this season so that hurts them less. But IF the competition committee was not able to meet between this game and next weekend's then perhaps the suspension could happen when they played at Osasuna - that would make me more hopeful. (that is how Martins got to play against us yesterday despite a red over the weekend).

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6 POINTS!
    AND while it remains their's to lose we now only need to (1) win El Clasico in Nou Camp to make it 3 points and we'd have the tie break too; and (2) have them drop at least 3 more points than us in their (and our) other matches. The heat is on, the Real Crap-o-Meter is in the red!

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yup, I'm not too hopeful yet. At the very least though, we know now:

1) there will be no pasillo at Camp Nou this year.
    2) almost certainly no clinching the league in Camp Nou either.
    3) Barca's record of 99 points in a La Liga season may survive another year (it looked dead for sure just a week ago).
    4) People will start discussing the title race instead of the *yawn* pichichi race.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Another big effect, even if we don't win La Liga, is that they at least have to worry about it and can't rest for the SF CL games which I am assuming will be against Bayern.

Their team looks a bit spent (remember that they had a demanding pre-season). It won't hurt us for them to get roughed up a little bit even if they do go through to the CL final.

11. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, the brilliance in that goal wasn't Ronaldo. It was the pass from Ozil.

The red was an Abusive Language red (which is one of the categories for red cards in the Laws of the Game; and I've seen them given before -- hell, to players on teams I support). That being the case, it's impossible to say whether it was unwarranted if one doesn't know what was said.

12. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Well, we'll have to wait until he has 149 matches playing for Barthelona. We'll check back then.

So much better? lol, He just executed Messi's career highlight video. The difference being "the little genius" has 5-6 Ozil's all making that pass back multiple times a game.

Let's be honest, the days of the Getafe goal are looong gone. Messi has become a "get on the end of anything" striker spoiled by percision passing and capitalizing from having the ball 80% of the game while defenses are completely spent. He's great at it yes but hes on the right team more than anything.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Let's be honest. You have no idea what you're talking about.

14. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Thank you my man. Point proven. You have just discredited as I've said about 150 of Messi's goals. Which is why you hear all the time that the true genius is "Xavi/Iniesta" "the Barca system" yada yada yada... You all hate that by the way right?

On the other side of this, Messi is the genius whether he is the Ozil or Roanldo in that particular scenario. He can't lose, the media's darling.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Except what you're saying isn't true. I calculated the goals last season where Messi scored a ton of goals and way less than half of his goal were provided by either Iniesta or Xavi. Not to add that Messi led Barca in assists last season and he's leading them again this season.

This is just a myth that's been debunked plenty for people who are actually willing to listen and read instead of just repeating the same stereotype that Messi only scores because of Xavi and Iniesta.

1 person likes this.
  16. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True. Btw read the top 2 comments in this vid, sure they weren't made by you? :D
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk4Ed0ZD42Y"]Real Madrid vs Barcelona (2-0) - Messi 2nd Goal - 27/04/11 HD Champions League Semi-Final - YouTube[/ame]

Lets be honest the days of the ManUnited Penaldo are long gone. He gets assisted more by di maria and ozil and PENALTIES, than messi does from xavi iniesta. lol, but then I say Messi actually has the most assists, then you say his assists are not even real assists, he just passes and the guy scores. :D

Wonder why eto'o, henry, ibra, villa, larson never scored 54 goals a season. :p Dont be angry that Messi is the best, embrace it. Ballerina is number 2, that is still really good.

ON TOPIC:
    6 points is still heaps, even if we beat them in the clasico, they still have to drop 3 points somewhere. Osasuna is going to be a big game imo.

17. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    What a luxury for you fanboi's that Messi will always play for barca eh? I'd even settle for a new manager and midfiled like Ronaldo had in his 2nd year at Madrid where he scored 53 goals. I wonder how Messi would do with two unproven 21 year olds, a washed up Kaka and manager utulizing anti-attacking tactics?

80 goals atleatest riiight????

Whereas Ronaldo would struggle with Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Adriano, Thiago and Cesc making pinpoint passes to him over and through the defenses all game long. lololol

18. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Lets be honest, I didn't limit this to Xavi and Iniesta. Alves has set him up 10-12 times this year? Cesc 10-12 as well? the cliche is xavi/iniesta. This has become common speak to represent Messi playing with the greatest collection of passers/set-up players in the world. How can you guys deny this? Di Maria has been hurt for more than half the season and Ozil layed an egg for the same period of time. Ronaldo is still on 43.

Which brings us to penalties. Messi has taken 7 and Ronaldo 11. A whopping difference of 4. This is the biggest misconception surrounding Ronaldo. Last year was 9-6. It's not Ronaldo's fault that he converts leading to a much larger discrepancy. You should also remember that if Barca had 20 Pens, Messi would have taken them all just as well as Ronaldo.

As for that goal you posted. Yeah once in a while is a nice one. Now show me Messi scoring from a shot 35 yards out like Ronaldo cloned Messi today???? Can never happen.

Wonder why most of those players you brought up all had better seasons not playing with Messi and scored more the years after they left him whereas Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria, and Ozil have all had their greatest seasons while playing full time with Ronaldo??

oooops.

19. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You are not going to hijack this thread, Mysterious. If you want to continue go to the Rivalry thread. Thanks.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What a travesty !!! Players getting setup by other players in order to score !!!

What matters is the percentage of PK goals over the total goal count.

Past 2 years, please show how many 35 yard goals Ronaldo has.

Poor Ronaldo ... only playing in the club with the most money in the world, with the best coach in the world who is from his country, with players who are regular starters for their NTs. Yes .... poor Ronaldo ....

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    even that is debatable:

ronaldo<iniesta<xavi<messi

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On another note, Senna is still a quality player. I was impressed with some of his moves.

23. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    LMFAOOOO! I thought Ronaldo played on an "OTHER TEAM." You have 5 posters responding in a debate yet your mod powers are overflowing. lolol

Celito you have, Tottenham, Sevilla, Atletico, Levante, Moscow and Villareal that are all atleast 30-32-35 yards out...

24. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10 Games and 6 points. There's still hope where just 3 days ago it looked like it was over. Btw, why don't Ronaldo fans/Messi haters realize all goals count the same. It doesn't matter if you score from 3 yards or 30 yards they all count the same. You don't get two goals because of distance. Oh, there's also a big difference between being set up and actually finishing. There's plenty of forwards who would miss half the chances if not more that Messi is "fed" all game long according to some.

25. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Yeah seemed that way but after reading the ref's report. I think it was rightly given.

I wonder how many suspensions LPB will get after the Pepe / Ronaldo altercation with the ref.