"Pep, please don't renew!" - The Other Teams thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol I love that. "umm guys what about Abidals red card for not touching Anelka?" "LOLZ DESERVED" or "What about Militos offside goal when Inter beat us 3-1" "LOL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND" Its like you are talking to kids sometimes lol.

Pretty sure if referees loved Barca they wouldnt have given Abidal a red when Barca was still losing against such a defensive team who we hadnt had 1 shot on target with 11 men for 90 minutes..
    And I doubt Bojans LEGIT goal vs Inter would have been disallowed aswell, which would have put us through to the final.
    These things are just referee mistakes, they happen, people only tend to see calls that go for us, never the ones against us.

And claims of Busquets being worse person than Pepe is just as bad, an animal who has assaulted people on the pitch, who dives and play acts just as much as Busquets if not more, + stomps on people, fights and just generally acts like an idiot.

Anyways change of topic, go muamba and abidal!!

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Zahzah is a special one.

Awesome.

In other news I managed to get 2 free tickets to the Spain match here and I'll be basically next to the pitch. Ramos is my first target and then Casillas, even if he's a good guy, I can't pass the opportunity to yell at him how many times Messi has owned him.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do you mean "the" special one? Would make sense. :cool:

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And apparently he's responding appropriately to questions. As I mentioned elsewhere, it's the most stunning thing I've ever heard of in the history of medicine, and I absolutely mean that most sincerely. Two hours without a beating heart, and (at least for the first maybe 30 mins or so) only external chest compressions? I've performed CPR a fair number of times, and have even been involved in a few successful resuscitations from cardiac arrest. CPR, whether delivered by human or a machine, is better than nothing; but it's a poor substitute for a real pump (whether the heart or a machine such as is used in some heart surgery). I wouldn't have taken any odds you gave me that he didn't have catastrophic brain damage. Any odds at all. I am just speechless over this.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It's amazing he's able to talk after 2 hours!! without a heart beat. He should have brain damage and should in all likeliness be never to play again. But talking after 2 hours without a heart beat so quickly is truly incredible.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am not sure how to interpret the 2 hour heart not beating deal. As far as I know brain cells start dying after 5 mins without oxygen. They must have had some machine pumping his heart in the ambulance no ?

7. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, as I said, they were doing CPR on scene and in the ambulance on the way there. As soon as they could, they switched to a mechanical device to do chest compressions; I'm pretty sure they had switched over to that device before even leaving the pitch. So the 4-6 minute number doesn't really apply, because CPR was started promptly (always the most important thing -- learn CPR, folks!) and he was getting *some* oxygenated blood. The thing is, though, while CPR is better than nothing, it ain't great -- one of the reasons for the low rate of success. If they cracked his chest the second he got to the hospital and put a heart pump (heart-lung machine) into the circuit, that still would have meant at least 30 minutes of circulation provided by CPR (first from a human, then from a mechanical device). Doubtless they were working to make up for the poor circulation provided by suppling high concentration of O2 through an endotracheal tube; so although less blood was getting to the brain, that blood was more oxygen-rich than normal. But still, that seems a very long time under those circumstances. Long ago I was a volunteer EMT with an EMS agency; two of my successful resuscitations were after an extended period of CPR, and I have to say that I don't feel proud of those resuscitations because I don't think we did the patient any favors -- severe brain damage in both cases.

Is jfcule reading this? He'd doubtless have more to add than I do.

8. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey! Well Emergency Medicine isn't really my field but I've done my share of CPR, mostly in-hospital though. It's not that easy, most people do it incorrectly and when it's well done it's exhausting to do. I remember reading that something like 15% of people survive CPR.

I agree, it's all very strange. And yes, a mechanical device seems likely.

I find it particularly strange that it took them 2 hours to get him to the hospital. I doubt they would've risked that long a drive if he had no heartbeat at all.

I've read the reports that say 2 hours ""until his heart worked on its own". Usually these footballers go into arrhythmias rather than straight heart stoppage(asystole). I think he was coming in and out of V-fib and was probably defibrillated in route a few times and that's what saved his life. Between that and IV epinephrine, etc there were probably periods when his heart was working and then stopped.

Again, this is all speculation on my part.

9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ha. I went into that thread not knowing the infamous zahzah had started it, and I posted to ask the resident refs about some of the other controversial plays from that game. The Rivalry thread was getting ridiculously skewed around that time, so the commentators from the ref forum kinda vindicated us there. Not that the LPB ignorati bothered to notice.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Although to be fair to the LPB posters, after embarrassing himself in that referee thread zahzah started posting in the LPB forum for a while and couldn't get any love there either. His level of Barca/Messi hatred is just at another level so even LPB fans can't relate to him.

11. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i love reading lpb's forum when Messi scores. It is truly hilarious, so delusional and butt-hurt lol.
    And just imagine Messi was the one that scored 30% of his goals from penalties. loooool

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Unmemorable goals ? Now I've heard it all !!! :eek:

Here is our friend Zahzah again !

This idiot has obviously never played football if he is calling Messi's 3 goals yesterday tap ins. Ronaldo would have probably skied the first goal Messi scored.

13. tadm123

tadm123 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    I would like him to define "creates his own goals".

Relevant:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbxXrAlLm4g"]Messi needs Xavi & Iniesta to score? - YouTube[/ame]

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm pretty sure "zahzah" is "Z"'s sock puppet.

Back on-topic: TEVEZ starts on the bench today for Man City in Chelsea.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice no-call PK for Villareal. Arbeloa pulls Nilmar down in the box as he is about to volley a ball.

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Repeated "stupid C. Ronaldo fans" use in the video ^^^ surely makes the haters peacefully admit they were wrong and that they're stupid. :eek:

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Tevez came in and got an assist for the winner !

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Villareal giving Madrid a tough matchup so far. Couple of wasted chances on either side. Fair result overall. Madrid looking out of sorts and lacking some intensity.

20. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    M'gladbach and Bayern Munich goalless after 120 minutes in the German Cup semifinal. Penalties about to begin.
    Winner to face Dortmund in the final in Berlin on May 12.

21. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

It's either very, very windy at El Madrigal...or it's a typical LPB game. :rolleyes:

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nilmar is abusing Ramos in this game.

23. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bayern beat M'gladbach 4:2 on penalties.
    Dortmund v Bayern in Berlin. Should be a great Cup final... one week before the CL final in Munich.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ref making a mess out of the Madrid x Villareal game. I think the Villareal forward just got a second yellow card but didn't receive the red card.

Scrappy game.

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Helmond Cup update
    Paris SG finally surrender the title, losing at home to Olympique Lyon 3-1 in the quarterfinals of the Coupe de France.
    Lyon host second from bottom Sochaux in Ligue 1 on Saturday.