People who we thought were gonna light up el Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by chris2787, Mar 1, 2010.

1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    loco garcia was just a product of hype anyway. i think his career hurt more playing with the semi professionals in mls than playing with tigres. he was at least better before he went to that shit league.

add to the list: angel reyna. i had high hopes, you son of a bitch.

2. AztecGoldX

AztecGoldX New Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Mississippi
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lmao I recall this...I ALWAYS HATED HIS FOOTBALL.

3. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    El cabron se le subio cuando se fue a Tigres

jajaj Y no lo entiendo si fracaso totalmente en europa antes de su traspaso a Tigres

4. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    What happened in Benfica to him though? I mean he got more goals in less starts than Freddy Adoodoo and that cat is still bouncing around Europe like a bad check.

5. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    He was just never good enough, he always plays with heart y se mata en la cancha, but as a player he has a lot of weaknesses.

6. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Easy

Villaluz

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara

According to one of my Sources (Martin Del Palacio via Twitter) who traveled to Benfica to interview Kikin, the former Mexican international was hella-depressed. So, I would venture to say that Kikin lacked mental fortitude.

Carlos Salcido almost failed in Holland without even playing. In an interview, with I believe ESPN Deportes, he even admitted that he felt like returning back to Mexico after just one day.

Loco had that one awesome season with Atlas, when he was paired up with Robert de Pinho, and was playing good when he decided not to renew his contract with Atlas which did not want to increase his salary. Atlas then refused to sell him to other clubs; finally agreeing on a transfer to America who was then going to loan him to relegation bound San Luis; I believe that is the season that they reached the league final.

Anyways, Loco refused the transfer to San Luis and instead signed with Chivas USA; he even made the Gold Cup squad soon after. I honestly do not think that playing in MLS affected Loco who much like Temo remained at his playing level; he just lacked better teammates.

I was covering Chivas USA at the time for Excelsior newspaper, doing the random note; they did not even print the majority of them, lol. Anyways, in his last season with Chivas USA, while at the press box, one of the media representative confirmed the news that there was indeed as PSV (or was it Ajax?) scout in the stands.

So, naturally I was hoping for Garcia to have a break out match. On the contrary he played like sh't. It was obvious that he could not handle the pressure. Usually, Loco was the type of player that would make his teammates play better; that night however it seemed like he was trying to do everything by himself and continually kept falling on his ass even missing a bicycle kick that would have been his lone saving grace.

In the end Garcia was subbed out with 15min left in the match and it was then that I knew he was not going to Holland. Garcia stormed off the field kicking the ground and even made a Ingse'su gesture to I believe the coach as he walked to the bench.

8. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow thanks this is new...I'm still bummed with Kikin's move to Benfica. Damn he should have stayed in Cruz Azul. Right now he is not even starting in Tigres...When you watch his goals in youtube you cannot help but wonder what the fack did happen to Kikin!!!!

I agree he is somewhat slow and can't drible to save his life but he has the knack for headers and he does posesses some powerful kicks. Goals vs. Japan, Germany, portugal and Iran made you believe this guy gonna be our next no.9 after Borgetti is done.

9. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
  10. Aguila86

Aguila86 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Southern California
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is it too early to call Juarez in this category?

Magallon was not that bad when he was playing for el Tri. He won us Gold cup 2009 and was definite starter during the World cup qualification 2008-2009. Sadly he didn't appear in any WC matches. That was the last time he was called I believe.

12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Magollon was very very good against Hugo. And still, people wanted him to be replaced. People were hyping up Galindo big-time since he was playing in Europe. He never did anything. Thank god we have more depth at CB now than we did then.

13. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And yes, I would put Juarez in there. I was watching some highlights of him and damn, he did some good shit. And now?

14. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    JJ Corona......he could still be our starter this WC, but I was hoping after 2006 he would grab the GK spot by the horns and run with it for 2 WC cycles. Always thought he was our best GK option

15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was called up against Serbia.

16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Magallon was an excellent defender under both Hugo & Sven, but since that injury he got in late '08/early '09 he has not been the same. to this day, it still shows because of his form. sucks though, because he was pretty solid in the back.

i agree with Juarez. the guy was a beast when Vasco first debuted him in 2009 and leading into the World Cup. since then though, the guy's form has dropped massively and has not been the same since. damn shame too because he should have been our current starting RB.

17. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol...everything has changed in two years.

Although, our depth at DM has improved significantly.

18. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL, i know huh? :D

we seemed to be fine in the RB position not that long ago while complaining about our DMs. and just look where we're at now.

19. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah wonder how the situation will be 2 years from now...

20. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

both are good choices.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
  22. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hugo Sanchez, DT

Vasco Aguirre, DT

23. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think there is still time so he doesn't necessarily have to be written off yet, although it doesn't look good. Lets say we do though. Add Omar Esparza and Pato Araujo to the list.

Venado Medina, most definitely

24. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chato Rodriguez

25. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    El Hobbit...Omar Bravo, el venado, pato araujo, cacho, gonzalo pineda, and carlos esquivel.