People who we thought were gonna light up el Tri

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by chris2787, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Correa especially. He looked very good around 06-07.
    Antonio Rios is another one, although he's still young.

2. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    They always looked average to me. Those guys fall into the good club players but not good enough to be NT material category.

3. Aguila86

Aguila86 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Southern California
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Correa kept Matias Fernandez quiet when Pachuca won the Sudamericana, he also did a very good job of shutting down Diego when Mexico beat Brazil at Copa America in 07. I also thought he would do a lot better with the NT

CyberAce100 repped this.
  4. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well I didn't expect them to be phenoms, but with Torrado and Castro aging, I expected them to step up and be candidates to replace them.

5. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This. That was when Fernandez' stock was the highest too.

6. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    After the Brazil volley, I thought Toño De Nigris (RIP) would be the 9 we wanted, or at least a good NT option, and he can still light it, but Omar Arellano so far.

7. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Cantors Honduran sidekick was talking about how Arellano in his opinion has plateaued and wont be the player people hoped he would at this point anymore.

9. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    I agree with him. He hasn't showed any kind of improvement since he got to Chivas.

10. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sad but true. I was hoping Cruyff and Co. would teach him something, but no...he's the same. BTW, Cantor's partner isn't Hounduran is he? He is the better of the two.

11. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Dunno bout anyone else but I always thought he was from Argentina from the way he talks.

12. Aguila86

Aguila86 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Southern California
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sadovenik? I thought he was Peruvian

13. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He is.

14. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really?
    By the time he got a call, he was way in the decline.

Don't know why anyone would have expect anything from him

15. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol its been like a few months barely tho...

16. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whatever the fack he is, I can't stand him. Sounds like someone's squeezing the air out of him with every sentence he says.

17. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Correa is a great one. Was really playing well with Pachuca and as been said, was key in Copa America 2007 and then fell off the face of the earth clubwise and country. A similiar case happened with Fausto Pinto although I never expected him to make it with the NT, but clubwise.

Still I think Omar Arellano could be the prime guy. He popped up before Chicharito and with that generation of great players like Vela and Dos Santos. Like I said that game against Venezuela before the 2009 gold cup happened and Vela scored the first, Dos Santos scored his first 2 goals and Arellano the last one. I though it was a new generation and for both of Dos Santos and Arellano this was the first of many goals with the NT. I never thought that it would be 2012 and that would still be the only goal Arellano scored with the NT.

18. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Those foot injuries really ********ed with Pinita's head. He hasn't recovered mentally from them, yet.

19. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    lol

20. Manifesto898989

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm still waiting for Isaac Bzizuela, Jeronimo Amione, Edgar Pacheco, and Eric Torres to do anything meaningful.

21. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not contradicting you by saying they have done anything meaningful... but for the most part the thrtead is meant for busts, or players who fell short... too early to call these guys a failure.

/p

22. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think Pacheco fits the bill.

23. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Curtidores was established in 1928 and the name makes sense regionally. Playing in León ("la capital del calzado" in Mexico), the team name pays homage to all those who work in the leather and shoe industry locally. The verb "curtir" means to process raw animal hide into malleable leather for shoes, belts, etc.
    Also, let's not forget that in 1999 Curtidores won the right to play in Primera, but that same year Puebla was dropped to Segunda. Not wanting to do that, Puebla owners bought recently ascended Curtidores, changed the name to Puebla and voila!, Puebla never had its team play in Segunda. Of course, Curtidores disappeared from León, but it has recently reappeared and still plays its games at La Martinica.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hdez.Marcos and Mr.Black repped this.
  24. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Perhaps, but mostly due to our own over-hyping of him. He is still 22, no players his age or younger are called for the upcoming friendly...Salcido started playing at 21 and debuted with the NT at 23 or so.

/p

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It´s not his age, its the fact that he´s shit now and totally out of shape. They aren´t calling up bench players in Leon no matter what the age.